Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Gymrat76

When To Hand In Marriage Cert?

Hi all

I bought a resale flat with fiancee under the fiancee scheme.. got our keys sometime end June. We understand that we need to produce marriage cert to HDB within 3-6 months after completion.

We did not take HDB loan, nor were we eligible for any HDB grants, so I was told that we can drag for up to 6 months or so, as long as we produce evidence of impending marriage, i.e. wedding venue booking etc.

So far, its been 3 months and we have not gotten any requests for any documentation. Wedding will be in December. Should I just wait for a letter from HDB requesting for documentation or what?

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all

I bought a resale flat with fiancee under the fiancee scheme.. got our keys sometime end June. We understand that we need to produce marriage cert to HDB within 3-6 months after completion.

We did not take HDB loan, nor were we eligible for any HDB grants, so I was told that we can drag for up to 6 months or so, as long as we produce evidence of impending marriage, i.e. wedding venue booking etc.

So far, its been 3 months and we have not gotten any requests for any documentation. Wedding will be in December. Should I just wait for a letter from HDB requesting for documentation or what?

Thanks

Hi Gymrat76,

During the OTP or collection of keys, did HDB mentioned anything regarding your marriage cert?

I just had my OTP 2 weeks ago and the officer in charge did mentioned that I need to produce marriage cert during collection of keys.

To avoid forgetting, immediately after going home, I submitted a softcopy via MyDoc@HDB.

HDB will then acknowledge the submission via SMS.

Perhaps you can do the same. Hope that helps.

Kenny

Anyway, just to update, I emailed the wedding banquet contract (page 1 with details) to my branch office and got an acknowledgement with a request to furnish them with the ROM cert post-wedding. No hassle :D