Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
summersann

The Experience: Our First Home

How about a baby gate? Used to have 1 and it worked well. And very easy to fix it by yourself

Ya like what summersan mentioned... The normal baby swing gate is also quite difficult to fix on glass stairs railing.

The retractable one is nice and save space

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Ya like what summersan mentioned... The normal baby swing gate is also quite difficult to fix on glass stairs railing.

The retractable one is nice and save space

Oh but the retractable gate needs to extend and hook onto a latch on the opposite side, so u'll have to find a way to attach that latch on your glass railing :X

OMG your kitchen should be on the cover page of a magazine.

OMG again at your fridge. :dribble:

Hahaha wah, no la. Not magazine cover worthy. Maybe my own publication :P

But thank you for liking it! :D

Hahaha, I actually don't know how much the tracks are, but we got ours in multiples of 2 meters. I only remember the price of the lights per piece, which is $80. Pricey indeed :( You should check to make sure that the lights are LED! $58 per piece seems like a good deal.

Don't worry about asking questions! Renotalk is for us to help each other :D

lol.. thanks summersann. got to test the lights for myself.. :dancingqueen: looking forward to more stunning pictures from you.

Someone mentioned this before, but I didn't realize what he/she meant until now. The temperature of the lights in our place don't look the same in pictures. It's probably the angle and white balance of the camera, but it results in two different temperatures when different angles are picked. But anyway, this fluke has proved handy, since we're now having a slight dilemma.

image-14.jpgDaylight.

image-15.jpgWarm white (this is the actual temperature of our lights).

We don't like daylight because it's too white and gives the place a very... sterile, NTUC (or other public places) feel. Not the cosy, home feeling we want.

But, there seems to be a little too much orange coming from the warm white.

We're told there's only two types of temperature to choose from. I've read about cool daylight (which is apparently between daylight and warm white), but also read that not a lot of places carry that tone.

What do you think?

Someone mentioned this before, but I didn't realize what he/she meant until now. The temperature of the lights in our place don't look the same in pictures. It's probably the angle and white balance of the camera, but it results in two different temperatures when different angles are picked. But anyway, this fluke has proved handy, since we're now having a slight dilemma.

We don't like daylight because it's too white and gives the place a very... sterile, NTUC (or other public places) feel. Not the cosy, home feeling we want.

We're told there's only two types of temperature to choose from. I've read about cool daylight (which is apparently between daylight and warm white), but also read that not a lot of places carry that tone.

What do you think?

haha.. oops. din mean to cause you the dilemma. Personally, i prefer white lights in the kitchen. looks clean, professional and good against your kitchen colours - wood/white. you can opt for daylight. read somewhere, daylight is abt 3/4 brightness of the usual white. i'm sure there are suppliers.

Just my 2 cents worth.

image-14.jpgDaylight.

image-15.jpgWarm white (this is the actual temperature of our lights).

What do you think?

May be a bit late now, but you can wire two sets of lights, one for the cosy warm white feel, and another for the cool daylight functional lighting. You can turn on either, or both. I have cool daylight in the ceiling lights of the kitchen and warm white counter lighting.

The colour temperature looks wonderful summersann dont worry! (coming from someone trained in lights and camera, this is nice warm lighting : cosy)

haha.. oops. din mean to cause you the dilemma. Personally, i prefer white lights in the kitchen. looks clean, professional and good against your kitchen colours - wood/white. you can opt for daylight. read somewhere, daylight is abt 3/4 brightness of the usual white. i'm sure there are suppliers.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Don't worry, it wasn't your fault! I read about daylight, cool white and warm white. Daylight is the one that's supposedly the whitest. I agree with you that white lights in the kitchen helps to keep it well-lit and bright for practical purposes. I just don't know if I want my house to be that tone though. :unsure:

May be a bit late now, but you can wire two sets of lights, one for the cosy warm white feel, and another for the cool daylight functional lighting. You can turn on either, or both. I have cool daylight in the ceiling lights of the kitchen and warm white counter lighting.

Haha yeah it's too late for that now. But a good suggestion nonetheless! Anyone going into their renovations should consider this if you want to have both cosy and practical lights!

The colour temperature looks wonderful summersann dont worry! (coming from someone trained in lights and camera, this is nice warm lighting : cosy)

Thank you gabbyseed! It's good to hear from someone who is into photography too, because that's one of my main concerns - that colors won't be represented well under the orange hue of warm white. Still deciding hard!

Thank you everyone for giving your opinions and suggestions!!

Don't worry, it wasn't your fault! I read about daylight, cool white and warm white. Daylight is the one that's supposedly the whitest. I agree with you that white lights in the kitchen helps to keep it well-lit and bright for practical purposes. I just don't know if I want my house to be that tone though. :unsure:

yup. to each his own. white is my personal preference =) cosy light only for cosy areas (bedrooms etc) :yamseng: old fashion me.

i might have warm lights for living rooms too. maybe mixture as wat cleong suggested.

A big thank you to all who shared their comments and suggestions about the lights! :)

Our imaginations must have been warped, because when we went back to the place last night and took another look at the lights, it was perfectly acceptable to us (the orange hue that we thought was there wasn't :P)

IMG_1003.jpg

So we're sticking with warm white because it's perfect :sport-smiley-004:

Some of what we've pointed out for rectification have been fixed, but there's quite a few left that needs to be rectified before the official handover. The workmanship has been shoddy, but at least the IDs were active in pointing out what needs to be done (some of the areas to be rectified were highlighted by my ID because we didn't even see it ourselves :unsure: ). As much as we would have liked perfect workmanship instead of having to patch things up after, at least the IDs are willing to rectify things to our liking. They also absorbed some of the additional charges (we shouldn't be paying for their workers' oversight anyway).

Work in progress. Expected handover 4 March!

Ourroom.jpg

ourbedroom.jpg

momsroom.jpg

thelivingroom.jpg