Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PinkTissue

A Very Slow Upgrading Journey

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Today is the start of the renovation! Prepared water and ang poh for workers.

8143234262_9036af5d38_b.jpg

IMG_1209 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

8143232890_a0ee966fa8_b.jpg

IMG_1210 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

I was choking up slightly when clearing my late mum's bathroom. I kept it intact after she passed away as if she could just walk in and do her make-up or brush her teeth. I gritted my teeth and threw most of the stuff away. However, I still keep a few key pieces which would have a place of honour in my new bathroom.

This renovation turned out to be a journey back to the past. While unpacking, I uncovered many love letters my father wrote to my mum. I am not sure how to make of them since their marriage broke down for many years but both my parents held on to their marriage right to the end. Reading the letters, I sort of understand why they held on for so long, there must be genuine love between them which led to their marriage. I also uncovered several letters my late uncle wrote to my mum. My uncle was a stern man but the letters showed another side of him worrying over my mother.

Pink Tissue. Congrats on ur start of your renovation... Ur really daring to tb ur tiles from China.. :sport-smiley-004:

Can I ask you if your furnitures are from there too? I am starting my humble reno on the 5th Nov too! Quite worried how it would turn out.

Pink Tissue. Congrats on ur start of your renovation... Ur really daring to tb ur tiles from China.. :sport-smiley-004:

Can I ask you if your furnitures are from there too? I am starting my humble reno on the 5th Nov too! Quite worried how it would turn out.

Actually I only bought the feature tiles direct from China which is not available locally. Quite an eye opener, I have to negotiate with the factory directly and even ask them to customise the colors for me :-)

The rest of the tiles I bought it from Singapore. As for the feature tiles, I did test buy by buying small quantities so I can be sure the quality is up to mark.

This renovation turned out to be a journey back to the past. While unpacking, I uncovered many love letters my father wrote to my mum. I am not sure how to make of them since their marriage broke down for many years but both my parents held on to their marriage right to the end. Reading the letters, I sort of understand why they held on for so long, there must be genuine love between them which led to their marriage. I also uncovered several letters my late uncle wrote to my mum. My uncle was a stern man but the letters showed another side of him worrying over my mother.

Not all the furniture is from China. The bed and the bedside table are from China. Most of the bathroom fittings are sourced from China too. I could not get the display counter because the particular model I wanted is out of stock everywhere so have to get it made in Singapore. I also make some spare sets of curtains (not the ones shown in the earlier pics) from China.

Hmmm. My friend gave me a strange look when I mentioned that I give ang bao to all the workers involved in renovation. I also provide free flow of mineral water. I thought that is the least I could do to hopefully make it a smooth renovation journey.

I intend to provide water and biscuits for the workers too once I start my renovation.

I believe if they are happy, the work done also good!

I might be following ur suit.... Guving angbao to workers and free flow water...

But i need ur advice how much is the appropiate amount... Maybe u can PM me?

Hmmm. My friend gave me a strange look when I mentioned that I give ang bao to all the workers involved in renovation. I also provide free flow of mineral water. I thought that is the least I could do to hopefully make it a smooth renovation journey.

My sister has been hospitalised today for a week because her blood vessels flared up again. She is in a lot of pain and could hardly walk :(

Upon learning that my sister has been hospitalised, my ID has agreed to concentrate on my sister's room and the common bathroom so that my sister could have a nice bedroom and bathroom when she is discharged.

:( hope ur sister will get well soon....

Seems ur ID is a person of compassion and thoughtful towards others' needs... Kudos to ur ID...