Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
juxstapose

When Is The Best Time To Do Renovation?

Hi,

Is there a 'best time' to do renovation? I'm thinking of like shortly after CNY, since most people will rush it b4 CNY & just after CNY would be the lul period for contractors, so maybe can get better price =)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

sounds logical... or u can wait for 7th month next year. may also find better price :jawdrop:

good luck n wish u a smooth reno journey ahead.

Hi,

Is there a 'best time' to do renovation? I'm thinking of like shortly after CNY, since most people will rush it b4 CNY & just after CNY would be the lul period for contractors, so maybe can get better price =)

After CNY is best as mainly the contractors always rushing to finish or complete their work before CNY so to collect payment and also owners wants to move in before CNY.

Rush job could end up shoddy work done....

Before CNY shall never get good price as contractor knew you want to move to celebrate CNY.

Best is after CNY as contractors shall look for new contacts and close new contracts... For their new piscal year.....

In Singapore context, if within control, best avoid b4 cny and prior lunar 8th month. Higher demand for works.

Most renovators are malaysians.

Most Chinese avoid reno during lunar 7th months, give owners upperhand negotiating price...if they don't mind the "good brothers".

Avoid typical pri/sec school holiday periods, higher demand for reno works.

Hi,

just before CNY is a rush. just after it will not be a lull. because quite a number of owners like to do after cny too and then u add those projects that couldn't do any work during cny's 2 or 3 weeks, there's not much of a lull.

like the others have mentioned, 7th month is a relatively freer period during the year for us. as for savings due to lull period, i don't think so. it's more dependent on the overall "season" for the industry.

just before CNY is a rush. just after it will not be a lull. because quite a number of owners like to do after cny too and then u add those projects that couldn't do any work during cny's 2 or 3 weeks, there's not much of a lull.

like the others have mentioned, 7th month is a relatively freer period during the year for us. as for savings due to lull period, i don't think so. it's more dependent on the overall "season" for the industry.

Hehe. U are from he industry. U know best. So all the expert Malaysian workers holidaying at Genting Highlands? Si Bo? As long as work of reasonable works can be performed, be it lull or not, clients like us will want to make things happen and meet our tight schedule. :yamseng:

After CNY means we should engage the contractor after CNY, or engage contractor now and do after CNY?

If we discuss with contractor now (pre-CNY), will they be too busy to really concentrate on your project since they are rushing many other pple's projects?

Yes. Agreed. After Cny.

I done my house few yr back and rushing before Cny. Dun expect to have a gd quality of workmanship as many is rushing on yr end. (My ID is honest to tell me which I have prepared. Lucky it turn out well)

You can still discuss with them before Cny and start work after that. I guess they will still keep up a gd service during this period.