Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
linlee

Extension In Backyard

Am thinking of putting up a trellis in backyard using polycarbonate material so as to have a wet Kitchen. It will still be an open space with a roof above and not enclosed with any surrounding walls. Understand that there is a guideline of 2 meter setback required from the boundary. However, at the back of my house, I do not have any neighbors but facing back of a school with two tall fences between us. My question is where and how can I apply for approval of such work and if the authorities allow for waiver of guidelines for setback?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dcdrhb_d0e4.htm

Part 3 Para 13B.

Honestly, forget about polycarbonate roof. They dun last, and will perpetually leak. Consider aluminum composite panels.

Based on wat u have described, it does not sound like u need to submit any plans.

Just be a responsible neighbour and keep the area presentable, for example. dun install exhaust fans/ aircon compressors that blow into neighbour windows, or allow yr rainwater run off to splash into neighbour's property.

I've polycarbonate roof with aluminum frame. I think a full aluminum roof will make the space real dark. They are ok no leaks although I had to install sun film because the wet kitchen could get uncomfortably hot. I think my contractor said glass is too heavy and expensive when I asked why polycarbonate.

I've polycarbonate roof with aluminum frame. I think a full aluminum roof will make the space real dark. They are ok no leaks although I had to install sun film because the wet kitchen could get uncomfortably hot. I think my contractor said glass is too heavy and expensive when I asked why polycarbonate.

Polycarbonate doesn't leak but the joints leak easily after a few years. Hence, it is important to get those polycarbonate that comes in one large sheet instead of several sheets joining together.

Hi. Thanks for the info. May I ask if you had written in to get approval for the installation? Any issues with your neighbors for the wet kitchen in the backyard?

http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dcdrhb_d0e4.htm

Part 3 Para 13B.

Honestly, forget about polycarbonate roof. They dun last, and will perpetually leak. Consider aluminum composite panels.

Based on wat u have described, it does not sound like u need to submit any plans.

Just be a responsible neighbour and keep the area presentable, for example. dun install exhaust fans/ aircon compressors that blow into neighbour windows, or allow yr rainwater run off to splash into neighbour's property.

Thank you for the advice.