Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jwesbie

How To Tell It Is Nyatoh Door?

Hi,

I have just installed Solid Nyatoh Ply Door for my bedrooms. May I know how do you tell if it is nyatoh door? I research online that nyatoh door is solid, but when I knock on the door, it sounded hollow. Even my carpentry guys told me is normal plywood door.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

I have just installed Solid Nyatoh Ply Door for my bedrooms. May I know how do you tell if it is nyatoh door? I research online that nyatoh door is solid, but when I knock on the door, it sounded hollow. Even my carpentry guys told me is normal plywood door.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there ,

I am looking for nyatoh door too do you have the contact for the door maker.

Thank in advance.

Vin

Hi,

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance.

Post a picture if you can :)

Hi Bro.

If I was not wrong, Ply Door is not solid wood.

As you mentioned that is Nyatoh Ply Door, means it was assemblied by thin Nyatoh wood plates as a whole piece (normally 3~5 pieces of plates).

The quality is different as Nyatoh solid wood.

Hi Bro.

If I was not wrong, Ply Door is not solid wood.

As you mentioned that is Nyatoh Ply Door, means it was assemblied by thin Nyatoh wood plates as a whole piece (normally 3~5 pieces of plates).

The quality is different as Nyatoh solid wood.

Solid is a often used and misleading term.

Hello! 

There are varying types of Nyatoh solid door products and the type of carpentry used. I believe that if you feel the door is pretty hollow, it may mean that the supplier or carpenter used recycled wood spare parts to do up the overall of the door and the component of Nyatoh solid wooden door may not have been of high quality. Your Nyatoh door is not solid, it should be Nyatoh hollow core door. Meaning to say, the main parts are made up of Nyatoh wood, but the other bulky parts of the door are hollow. The carpenter should have placed more timber finger joints to fill the door. I'm from U-Court Wood Products (www.ucourtwood.com), with overall 40+ years of experience in dealing with Nyatoh hard doors, there are varying types of Nyatoh doors and the type of carpentry and joinery quality works differ from carpenter to carpenter, some carpenter may try to save/cut cost by using cheaper/spare wood fillers for the remaining parts of the doors. So, for homeowners, do let your carpenter know to avoid this! :) 

I hope this helps! U-Court Wood Products is Singapore's leading supplier for Nyatoh Wood, Meranti Finger Joints, Timber Hard Wood, Reconstituted Veneer Plywood for merchants, enterprises and carpenters. Do ring us up if you need any supply of our products! Our website: www.ucourtwood.comU-Court Wood Nyatoh Wood Supplier.JPG

Edited by ucourtwood