Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bleucheeze

When Industrial Meets Mid Century Mod

Heard some ppl say LED is glaring and not good for reading especially, like the words will 散开来 (blur out). Have u experienced this before?

The LED i experience was in my brother's place but he has really high ceiling so i dun get any effect other than when u look up. it's too glaring imo. so we're probably getting normal downlights for our place again this round.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Heard some ppl say LED is glaring and not good for reading especially, like the words will 散开来 (blur out). Have u experienced this before?

my whole place uses led n honestly I've not experienced wat u described...but I'm using warm white everywhere which is sort of yellow light so mebbe that's more mellow on the eyes? :dunno:

my whole place uses led n honestly I've not experienced wat u described...but I'm using warm white everywhere which is sort of yellow light so mebbe that's more mellow on the eyes? :dunno:

You using downlight? I only heard about it, that's why will like to get feedback from you guys mah. Thanks :)

You using downlight? I only heard about it, that's why will like to get feedback from you guys mah. Thanks :)

I think the technology of LED now is already very advance. No more glaring like what you heard. (But glaring can also be wrong wattage selected, higher wattage than required)

To be safe, get the branded one. Like Philips or OptiLED.

And for downlight, u can select the angle of beam (narrow angle for picture lighting, wide for corridor lighting), wattage (this will determine the brightness).

My ID is good in this and he brought me to OptiLED showroom in Toh Guan to show me the different type and their effect on the room.

My reading lamp is now using E27 Osram warm white LED and I love it cos it is not hot like normal bulb and the warm white has a very pleasing effect on my reading. :dribble:

umm, i checked the boxes on my spare bulbs - led spotlights, 4 leds x 1w each per spotlight...mine is not a branded one like phillips/optiled as kim has said... :sport-smiley-018: my drivers are separate from the bulbs, incidentally...

best to go visit a few showrooms or friend's houses to get a better idea of the different types b4 deciding... :D i basically went with what my ID recommended, i have to say that it works pretty well for me and i'm happy, in terms of brightness via a combination of 1 and 2 bulbs...

I think the technology of LED now is already very advance. No more glaring like what you heard. (But glaring can also be wrong wattage selected, higher wattage than required)

To be safe, get the branded one. Like Philips or OptiLED.

And for downlight, u can select the angle of beam (narrow angle for picture lighting, wide for corridor lighting), wattage (this will determine the brightness).

My ID is good in this and he brought me to OptiLED showroom in Toh Guan to show me the different type and their effect on the room.

My reading lamp is now using E27 Osram warm white LED and I love it cos it is not hot like normal bulb and the warm white has a very pleasing effect on my reading. :dribble:

umm, i checked the boxes on my spare bulbs - led spotlights, 4 leds x 1w each per spotlight...mine is not a branded one like phillips/optiled as kim has said... :sport-smiley-018: my drivers are separate from the bulbs, incidentally...

best to go visit a few showrooms or friend's houses to get a better idea of the different types b4 deciding... :D i basically went with what my ID recommended, i have to say that it works pretty well for me and i'm happy, in terms of brightness via a combination of 1 and 2 bulbs...

Thanks for the feedback! Will seek advice my contractor too.

wow. thanks dragonite and kim76 for sharing info.

dragonite, can check with you how many LED lights did you used for your room? and how big is the room? And how do you check if drivers are separate or not? does it state on the box? Thanks in advance!

:yamseng:

z3phy

Edited by Z3phy

wow. thanks dragonite and kim76 for sharing info.

dragonite, can check with you how many LED lights did you used for your room? and how big is the room? And how do you check if drivers are separate or not? does it state on the box? Thanks in advance!

:yamseng:

z3phy

roughtly ah ... my total area is a L-shaped, combining living and dining...living area is around 3800 x 4575, dining is around 2675 x 2675...

- living area has 12 spotlights, combination of 1/2 bulb versions

- dining area has 4 spotlights, all 1 bulb version...and a pendant dining light, more for decoration and added light when i have guests over ...

- my foyer has a single bulb, which is switched on 24hr ... then a single set of 3 bulbs to light up the small entryway to my MBR which has 3 paintings/pictures...

total spotlights : 20

roughtly ah ... my total area is a L-shaped, combining living and dining...living area is around 3800 x 4575, dining is around 2675 x 2675...

- living area has 12 spotlights, combination of 1/2 bulb versions

- dining area has 4 spotlights, all 1 bulb version...and a pendant dining light, more for decoration and added light when i have guests over ...

- my foyer has a single bulb, which is switched on 24hr ... then a single set of 3 bulbs to light up the small entryway to my MBR which has 3 paintings/pictures...

total spotlights : 20

hmm.. ok. bright enough then. mine's the LED tracklights. not sure comparable or not... the throw might play a big diff in overall brightness.

Thanks! Saw that Amasco indeed has a similar looking model, Vento Fino 13. Not sure whether is it purely for air circulation or does it have a bit of cooling effect like normal ceiling fan.

Edited by bleucheeze