Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
WilliamHayden

What's The Best Car Security System To Install?

Hello Community,

My dad's truck has been keyed twice this year. To prevent this from happening again and to save us some trouble my dad and I are planning to install a security system for the truck. What's the best car security system, but one that isn't too pricey either. Last year his truck got broken into and stole his stereo system, speakers, and damaged the dashboard.

Thank You

William Hayden

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

did you report to the police about the break ins?

if your car is parked not too far with no major blockages (better still with "line of sight"), can consider those 2-way car alarm systems with silent/remote alert. when the car is tampered with, instead of having the alarm go off and K.P.K.B. (which those thieves know how to disarm easily), the system sends a signal to your remote unit and activate the beeper/vibration. hopefully, the thieves will take their time to "shop" for what they want, thinking that no alarm was activated. there might be enough time for you to run down to the car with your whatever accessories desired, e.g. parang, steel pipe, stun gun, baseball bat, whatever you deem necessary :dribble:

some pp install video recorder with "park mode" (recording continues even when car is parked) but that's only useful when it is hidden behind something inconspicuous. if recorder is visible, the thieves only need to take it along when they leave.

with the recording, you could make a police report to apprehend the culprits. still may not get your stuffs back, but at least you make them pay for their actions.

Edited by josephsbs