Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fredchia

Boon Siew Interior Or Art And Design

Hi all,

I just met up with someone from Boon Siew, service was fine & he did not turn a face when he knows my budget is tight & we are doing minor reno only. I am also not doing any tiles or kitchen cabinets as this will be the major profit for a normal contractor. He even gave us some suggestions on the reno & to cut costs.

Will wait patiently for his quote...

Anyone else has their home done by boon siew?

Edited by storeberry

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

I just met up with someone from Boon Siew, service was fine & he did not turn a face when he knows my budget is tight & we are doing minor reno only. I am also not doing any tiles or kitchen cabinets as this will be the major profit for a normal contractor. He even gave us some suggestions on the reno & to cut costs.

Hello all,

Its been quite a while I have not visited the forum, glad that boon siew is slowly being recognised by the people who intend to do home renovation.

Mine is done by them. :good:

Hello all,

Its been quite a while I have not visited the forum, glad that boon siew is slowly being recognised by the people who intend to do home renovation.

Mine is done by them. :good:

Hi all,

An important information that i wish to share with the members is that there are two companies under the name Boon Siew but they are not in anyway related.

One is Boon Siew Design & Build situated at Tampines and Yishun and the other is Boon Siew Interior Design situated at Bishan. This information was received from Mr. Low @ Bishan who done up my home.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Hi all,

An important information that i wish to share with the members is that there are two companies under the name Boon Siew but they are not in anyway related.

One is Boon Siew Design & Build situated at Tampines and Yishun and the other is Boon Siew Interior Design situated at Bishan. This information was received from Mr. Low @ Bishan who done up my home.

Hope this helps.

Regards

hi all, i just got a quote from Mr Low too, which was a contrast of about sgd12k from two other IDs quote. And people warn me seriously about using contractors.. and I heard Boon Siew closed down more than once and reopened again in the last few years.. so got me rather wary ...

anyone heard of anything like that too, and people who have used boon siew recently, how was your experience? thanks... this whole reno thingie is exhausting.. and i have not even started... !

hi all, i just got a quote from Mr Low too, which was a contrast of about sgd12k from two other IDs quote. And people warn me seriously about using contractors.. and I heard Boon Siew closed down more than once and reopened again in the last few years.. so got me rather wary ...

anyone heard of anything like that too, and people who have used boon siew recently, how was your experience? thanks... this whole reno thingie is exhausting.. and i have not even started... !

Hi bevied,

My home was done up by Boon Siew Interior Design. Previously as I mentioned before there are 2 companies under this same name but in no way are they related as informed by Mr. Low.

Last time I also got this doubt in me whether both these companies are under the same family. You can clarify with Mr. Low with this issue, he will be glad to explain to you.

As for the renovation process experience, I agreed that it was quite exhausting. But slowly when you see your home coming into shape, all your exhaustion will go with the wind.... :jawdrop:

Hi Safer, I did meet up with Mr Low today and asked him .. he mentioned that actually they came from the same company in the past .. but they do not work together... and from what I have read around, he seems to have built a better reputation for himself than the other Boon Siew..

When you guys approach contractors, would you be worried about why they are so much cheaper and also the communication part throughout the reno process? A lot of people say that it is hard to deal with contractors, a lot of hidden stuff especially when we are not in the line and do not understand a lot of things.. ?

Hi bevied,

My home was done up by Boon Siew Interior Design. Previously as I mentioned before there are 2 companies under this same name but in no way are they related as informed by Mr. Low.

Last time I also got this doubt in me whether both these companies are under the same family. You can clarify with Mr. Low with this issue, he will be glad to explain to you.

As for the renovation process experience, I agreed that it was quite exhausting. But slowly when you see your home coming into shape, all your exhaustion will go with the wind.... :D

by the way Safer, is it ok if I can see some pics of your home done by Mr Low? :notti:

Hi,

you can actually ask Mr. Low to show you some of his projects before deciding whether you want to engage him. At least on ground you can see the real thing. If got queries, you can clarify with him.

Cheers.

Hi,

you can actually ask Mr. Low to show you some of his projects before deciding whether you want to engage him. At least on ground you can see the real thing. If got queries, you can clarify with him.

Cheers.

hi hi .. i have a problem with tracking threads that i have posted on this forum .. :yamseng:

anyway i have seen two projects by mr low, one residential and one commercial.. although i wont say his workmanship is superb, i think it is reasonably good enuff for me, and his no frills attitude, straightforward personality suit myself and my hubby pretty well, so we have engaged his services and just started the reno works :unsure: so happy to get things going, hehe

Hi guz, im also looking at a few id and contractor but hvnt decide yet.

izt possible if you guz could post some pic if you have used Boon Siew @ Bishan?

Seems like not many ppl using this contractor, so abit worried :(

Hi fredchia,

Currently my house is being done up by Boon Siew Interior Design. Been two weeks and most of the things went smoothly. :)

Its important to take note that the project co-ordinator in-charge is responsible and know what you want. I can say my co-ordinator is up to expectation so far.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Hi all,

by the way Safer, is it ok if I can see some pics of your home done by Mr Low? :)

Hi ALL

I am still in the process of searching more contractors quotation.

Plse pm me if you have encountered any good contractors.

Tks!

HAPPY

hi, anyone care to update your renovation status with pics? :bleah:

Hello!

Yeap.. my house was done Mr Low

He is quite 'safe' lo.. he did fulfil all the requirements and did not turn nasty halfway or bochup like the other negative examples we hear from the forum.

He is a practical guy, so everything is abt practicality and of coz tat boils down to the overall pricing package. He is much 'affordable' as compared to the rest.

But in terms of aesthetic design, ermm.. don't expect too much lo. He is not those designer style lo.. so if u want him to input u NEW ideas to ur house, my advice is -- tell him what u want instead.

Bt of coz, some basic tings like tiles selection lah, paint color lah.. he can still advice u which is more practical and nice based on the projects he has done previously.... bt anything OUT OF THE BOX, maybe not.

Hello!

Yeap.. my house was done Mr Low

He is quite 'safe' lo.. he did fulfil all the requirements and did not turn nasty halfway or bochup like the other negative examples we hear from the forum.

He is a practical guy, so everything is abt practicality and of coz tat boils down to the overall pricing package. He is much 'affordable' as compared to the rest.

But in terms of aesthetic design, ermm.. don't expect too much lo. He is not those designer style lo.. so if u want him to input u NEW ideas to ur house, my advice is -- tell him what u want instead.

Bt of coz, some basic tings like tiles selection lah, paint color lah.. he can still advice u which is more practical and nice based on the projects he has done previously.... bt anything OUT OF THE BOX, maybe not.

Hi XIAO

Anyway to let us see any picture down by Mr Low???

I am very impress by what you say about Mr Low.

Thanks!:notti:

HAPPY