Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aurora83

Ala-Carte Reno

Hi all,

I intend to do the sourcing of the individual contracttors myself. Be it installing of aircon to assembly of kitchen furniture etc.

If i get the keys of a new BTO flat, what are the steps that I need to do for renovation? Do i install aircon first then lay the tiles etc?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Do the works usually in this sequence/concurrently

Design planning

Hacking

Tiling wet works

Electrical / air con piping

Shower screens / aluminium works

ceiling partition works

Plumbing

Painting

Lightings

Laminated floor if any

carpentry / mirrors

Countertops/glass backsplash

Electrical finish up

Plumbing

cleaning

ID have sub-contractors for all above doing all above works. You can also engage direct contractors like you have suggested doing it yourself and save some money. The only problem is you have many parties to coordinate and be at site many times. Also need to coordinate with different contractors when plans changes or modifications arise.

There are also direct contractors who do multiple trades or works and reduce the amount of coordination needed. I did mine using one contractor K with own workers covering hacking, tiling, painting, electrical, plumbing, ceiling and laminate flooring. If you are keen, I can PM you his contact.

can PM me contact pls.. thanx

Design planning

Hacking

Tiling wet works

ceiling partition works

Plumbing

Painting

Lightings

Laminated floor if any

carpentry / mirrors

Electrical finish up

Plumbing

cleaning

ID have sub-contractors for all above doing all above works. You can also engage direct contractors like you have suggested doing it yourself and save some money. The only problem is you have many parties to coordinate and be at site many times. Also need to coordinate with different contractors when plans changes or modifications arise.

There are also direct contractors who do multiple trades or works and reduce the amount of coordination needed. I did mine using one contractor K with own workers covering hacking, tiling, painting, electrical, plumbing, ceiling and laminate flooring. If you are keen, I can PM you his contact.

Is the service and worksmanship good? Don't want to kenna those who always do shortcut here and there

They are responsive and workmanship good by my standard, don't know about yours. One experience which I am impressed, the boss came in after they install a third of the mosaic wall in my toilet. He told his workers to hack and redo at his material costs as he is not happy with the alignment. Mosaic at $19 per sheet of 300 x 300 is not cheap. I only realized that when I came in and asked him what happened to the nearly half done mosaic wall? I would say they are contractor but more like ID with added advantage of having own workers of hacking, tiling, painting, plumbing, electrical, ceiling partition, marble polishing, laminate floor installation and carpentry. They handled the whole house renovation and I deal with only one guy.

Can you give me his contact please? Thanks.

i can pm you the contact of direct factory for granite kitchen top.

Hi, can forward me the contact of the contact for direct factory for granite kitchen top. Thank you.

Design planning

Hacking

Tiling wet works

ceiling partition works

Plumbing

Painting

Lightings

Laminated floor if any

carpentry / mirrors

Electrical finish up

Plumbing

cleaning

Hi can PM the contacts? Looking for a contractor for my 4rm flat.