Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tiramisu276

Help! Do Hdb Sellers Have To Engage A Lawyer For The Completion Appointment?

Hi all,

I really need help. I am a first-time HDB seller and I am not sure that my agent has the best interest for me. I was told by my agent that I need to engage a lawyer to handle my Completion transaction as I had used a bank loan instead of HDB's. I do not intend to purchase any HDB or private property for now. Pls advice me. Thank you in advance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all,

I really need help. I am a first-time HDB seller and I am not sure that my agent has the best interest for me. I was told by my agent that I need to engage a lawyer to handle my Completion transaction as I had used a bank loan instead of HDB's. I do not intend to purchase any HDB or private property for now. Pls advice me. Thank you in advance.

Hi,

You need not get Lawyer to represent you for the completion. The correct term should be

HDB: represent you for the sales of your unit

Lawyer : represent you for the discharge of mortgage loan and CPF redemption

By doing that your total fees needed for the transaction will be below $1000, however if you gets a lawyer to do this for you, it will be in a range of 1400 to 1800

Please inform your agent that this can be done, as i have been doing it for all of my sellers who previously enage with bank loan.

Best regards

Edmund tan