Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
siaoboy

Relocating Washroom

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Has anyone relocated the washroom previously? I would like to know how much it costs and the difficulties involved

I just did - Converted the old washroom in the kitchen to a storeroom and a storeroom outside the kitchen to a bathroom. Cost was $8000. Not a difficult task for the contractor, as long as your property layout allows for it. The key factor was the location of the existing I.Cs and whether your new bathroom's pipes could flow into the existing layout.

I just did - Converted the old washroom in the kitchen to a storeroom and a storeroom outside the kitchen to a bathroom. Cost was $8000. Not a difficult task for the contractor, as long as your property layout allows for it. The key factor was the location of the existing I.Cs and whether your new bathroom's pipes could flow into the existing layout.

Thanks for your advice. I don't have any drawing and i am not sure if the drawing from BCA will include piping and sanitary?

Has anyone relocated the washroom previously? I would like to know how much it costs and the difficulties involved

The washroom is on the ground floor?

yes on the ground floor. The one on level 3 may be too complex to relocate.

Well, as Zdog put it aptly, the complexity depends on the layout.

Generally, if you could visualize the public sewer line that crosses the land plot, the existing bathroom is typically on the bottom side of it. And so is the IC.

If you want to relocate the bathroom on this side of the sewer line, then it would be easier. Probably incurring the same cost as Zdog's, as I haven't done it before.

If you want to relocate the bathroom to upper side (of the sewer line), then it would be much costlier. There is the need of another IC on the upper side, as the drain pipe could not overlap above the public sewer line (as far as I know, other please comment if this is incorrect).

There are also some discussions on the cost if it involves an RC trench here.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58280&st=40

Cheers!

Edited by Lauer