Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Icez

My Playful Haven In The East^^

That's nice. Which is your favourite furniture shop thus far??

I meant some pieces are reasonable, there's definitely some pieces which are way over my budget. Ha.

Cant post much pics as I'm not using camera phone, ha.. samsung camera also down.. Will try to post more pics eventually!!

They're all nice places, but I probably like egg3 and Make Room the most since I bought most of my pieces from there. And IKEA. Hahaha. Budget la :D. You could check out Air and Commune too, if you haven't already.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yup I'm also looking at light shades of blue or buttery yellow, but the sofa leather does not offer such colour choices, unless I'm getting fabric sofas. Have you seen leather sofa in buttery yellow? As I would prefer leather sofa over fabric sofa for better comfort and durability.

Now I'm thinking of grey or white or coffee/hazel colour.. White is definitely easy to match but the salesperson strongly discouraged it. He said all white sofas will have yellow spots after 8-10months, unavoidable.. and with my kids, might be difficult for maintenance too!!

I agree with the salesperson - white is just so hard to maintain, in whichever material.

Or maybe you can go for a grey leather sofa, which I think would be easier to source and then accentuate with a buttery yellow fabric armchair. This will go well with all your cute prints!

Thanks!! I hope I could move in by 1 March.. Still staying at my temp place now..

Have been some slight delay in my renovation because of the residents staying below my flat.

My contractor had been complained by one of the residents staying below last week. Police even came up to my house on Friday at 5pm sharp. Ha.

My contractor is going to apply for permit which allows them to work for the whole day and for Sat too, so e process wont be further delay.. CNY round the corner as well.. everyone so busy :)

Wah 报警! ur neighbours downstairs terror leh.. :o

When i did mine, a day before hacking i dropped a courtesy note w Bengawan S*l* vouchers to my neighbours (4 up; 4 down & 3 at my level) to inform them of the reno works & seek their understanding.. do PR mah.. haha! (although i've stayed there for >25yrs; hardly know my neighbours except my immediate next door since day 1 :P)

By the way, there's a lot of places in one day u 2 went hunting & shopping! very gd lut! :thumbs up:

Edited by jus4fun

Yup all those darker walls cannot be hacked..

I guess if your previous owners did apply the permit when they hacked the wall between bedroom 2 and MBR, then it is okay :)

Your kitchen definitely can go open concept from your floor plan.. Your flat also resale?

hihi... yup resale. if not the new 4 room flats are much smaller. and 5 room too unaffordable for me.

We also intend to hack the toilet wall. so have to apply permit too =)

your neighbours so terrible leh. u met them yet? you can do wat jus4fun did. Shut them up! urmm..sorry.. too harsh. Bribe them. =)

They're all nice places, but I probably like egg3 and Make Room the most since I bought most of my pieces from there. And IKEA. Hahaha. Budget la :D. You could check out Air and Commune too, if you haven't already.

Thats nice! You house must be very nice! Yup IKEA is good too!

I did check out Commune previously, good coffee there. ha. Maybe I might go Air when I have the time, I saw quite a number of their items in renotalk.

I agree with the salesperson - white is just so hard to maintain, in whichever material.

Or maybe you can go for a grey leather sofa, which I think would be easier to source and then accentuate with a buttery yellow fabric armchair. This will go well with all your cute prints!

Thanks so much for your suggestion!

But I had already bought the blue fabric armchairs. Guess I might be choosing hazel leather to match then.

Wah 报警! ur neighbours downstairs terror leh.. :o

When i did mine, a day before hacking i dropped a courtesy note w Bengawan S*l* vouchers to my neighbours (4 up; 4 down & 3 at my level) to inform them of the reno works & seek their understanding.. do PR mah.. haha! (although i've stayed there for >25yrs; hardly know my neighbours except my immediate next door since day 1 :P)

By the way, there's a lot of places in one day u 2 went hunting & shopping! very gd lut! :thumbs up:

Yup I guess they are quite particular about noise, heard like there's a baby at home.

Wow You did a very good job of offering your neighbours with e vouchers, but I'm wondering will my PRC neighbour below still complain after I've given her e voucher?

Yup I went to all those places in two full days. Quite tiring!! Still have to find time to go source for my dining table light and standing light.

hihi... yup resale. if not the new 4 room flats are much smaller. and 5 room too unaffordable for me.

We also intend to hack the toilet wall. so have to apply permit too =)

your neighbours so terrible leh. u met them yet? you can do wat jus4fun did. Shut them up! urmm..sorry.. too harsh. Bribe them. =)

Ya flats are getting smaller now, but one thing I like is they separate e utility room with the kitchen, unlike mine dont have one.

Ooh you wana have only one big toilet?

And I have not met them before, and the contractor also do not know who specifically lodge e police report. He's guessing it's e neighbour who kept coming to ask him to stop for an hour during 2-3pm so the baby could sleep, even with the permit. I dont always go to my new place, busy with work and kids most of the time. Ha.

Some prints I'm considering:

v954_cf0_ud5yz.jpg

12c3_f28_ud5yz.jpg

13ef_fd7_ud5yz.jpg

Like Adventure time alot too..Anyone know where to source for their paintings or prints??

spnv_e36_ud5yz.jpg

Another lighting for dining table:

4nyj_71c_ud5yz.jpg

Blue enamel industrial light:

9kyl_ac7_ud5yz.jpg

Also went to VLush, Eco Lighting, Lightings.com, Premier Lighting and a few more lights shop along GrandLink Plaza stretch when my hubby and I happened to chance on them when we are driving along that area today. Hopefully I have a chance to go Balestier stretch before CNY to take a look.

Another lighting for dining table:

4nyj_71c_ud5yz.jpg

Blue enamel industrial light:

9kyl_ac7_ud5yz.jpg

Stevie General Store (World Savage) :D Got to love vintage lights! We got one of our favorite lamps from them too.

Looking forward to more pictures!