Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Icez

My Playful Haven In The East^^

Bought our dining table.. Loving the leg design though the price is rather steep :)

gwpp_458_ud5yz.jpg

Will have to hunt for matching chairs and lamp.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Also got myself 4 blue chairs for my reading corner..

vscs_760_ud5yz.jpg

I have also bought my TV console at OM. It is white with some wood finishing.

Wondering what colour should my leather sofa be to match my blue chairs and white TV console which is going to be placed together??

Any suggestions??!!

Like your bold choice of colors! For the sofa, it depends what your floor and wall colors are...

My floor tiles are milky white, something like pale cream and my walls are white.

Went shopping for some furniture yesterday, have to get aa rough idea what to buy when my house is ready.

1) Make Room - selling industrial/elecktic furniture

2) Galanga Living - also selling sone industrial and wood furniture

3) Furniture Mall - not impressed by the shops there.

4) IMM- quite a nice range of replica designers' furniture.

5) OM Joo Seng - like the contemporary furniture pieces there, prices are reasonable too. Having good moving out sales at the moment.

6) Hommage - furnitures there dont really suit what I wanted. Saw a yellow standing lamp selling at $500 + there, might suit my blue chairs.

7) Egg3 - nice chairs and dining tables they have there. Reasonable prices too!!

8) Grafunkt - Love all the furnitures there, especially their shelves and clothes hanger etc, prices are reasonable too!! Will be going back to get some of their itemss.

9) Xclusive - Besides Furniture Mall, got our L-shaped sofa set there. The framework of our sofa is designed by Eames, very comfortable seatings! Have to choose the colour of my sofa soon!! Salesperson mentioned ours made of Grade B leather, will any know how to distinguish this? Can't decide between camel or white colour, cos salesperson mentioned

10) Comfort Design House - Really the Table and Chair store. Wide varieties of chairs available and we are also able to customise the benches to our preferred size. Prices are affordable too.

11) Restore Living - Quite a small shop with refurbished pieces.

12) Stevie General store - Lots of quirky and one piece items for the house, from lamps to accessories etc.

13) Jurong East - Shop selling recycled wood pieces, would be good if you are into woody feel home.

14) Scanteak - Wood pieces too, not what i wanted for my place.

Will be going more places to look around for furnitures today and tomorrow. Lots of shops close at 6pm and on Monday. Will update all again :)

Decided to engage the referral contractor to do my house main reno. As I've signed the kitchen cabinet with + Space, would have to let them do this one item.

Hacking started for my new home.. Some pics to share..

Soon they will be tiling my MBR toilet first, then the kitchen and toilet walls. Will share the pics when I have time to go my new home to take some snaps.

祝动土开工大吉大利! A good start to a masterpiece in the making in 1-2 months' time! Cheers! :)

Edited by jus4fun

Went shopping for some furniture yesterday, have to get aa rough idea what to buy when my house is ready.

1) Make Room - selling industrial/elecktic furniture

2) Galanga Living - also selling sone industrial and wood furniture

3) Furniture Mall - not impressed by the shops there.

4) IMM- quite a nice range of replica designers' furniture.

5) OM Joo Seng - like the contemporary furniture pieces there, prices are reasonable too. Having good moving out sales at the moment.

6) Hommage - furnitures there dont really suit what I wanted. Saw a yellow standing lamp selling at $500 + there, might suit my blue chairs.

7) Egg3 - nice chairs and dining tables they have there. Reasonable prices too!!

8) Grafunkt - Love all the furnitures there, especially their shelves and clothes hanger etc, prices are reasonable too!! Will be going back to get some of their itemss.

9) Xclusive - Besides Furniture Mall, got our L-shaped sofa set there. The framework of our sofa is designed by Eames, very comfortable seatings! Have to choose the colour of my sofa soon!! Salesperson mentioned ours made of Grade B leather, will any know how to distinguish this? Can't decide between camel or white colour, cos salesperson mentioned

10) Comfort Design House - Really the Table and Chair store. Wide varieties of chairs available and we are also able to customise the benches to our preferred size. Prices are affordable too.

11) Restore Living - Quite a small shop with refurbished pieces.

12) Stevie General store - Lots of quirky and one piece items for the house, from lamps to accessories etc.

13) Jurong East - Shop selling recycled wood pieces, would be good if you are into woody feel home.

14) Scanteak - Wood pieces too, not what i wanted for my place.

Will be going more places to look around for furnitures today and tomorrow. Lots of shops close at 6pm and on Monday. Will update all again :)

I see many of the places that we also went to for our furniture in your list! :D

Wah, you think Grafunkt's prices are reasonable. Your budget must be :dribble: Looking forward to more pictures!

My floor tiles are milky white, something like pale cream and my walls are white.

Hmmm I would go for yellow to contrast with the blue, maybe buttery yellow? However this will draw all the attention!

祝动土开工大吉大利! A good start to a masterpiece in the making in 1-2 months' time! Cheers! :)

Thanks!! I hope I could move in by 1 March.. Still staying at my temp place now..

Have been some slight delay in my renovation because of the residents staying below my flat.

My contractor had been complained by one of the residents staying below last week. Police even came up to my house on Friday at 5pm sharp. Ha.

My contractor is going to apply for permit which allows them to work for the whole day and for Sat too, so e process wont be further delay.. CNY round the corner as well.. everyone so busy :)

I see many of the places that we also went to for our furniture in your list! :D

Wah, you think Grafunkt's prices are reasonable. Your budget must be :dribble: Looking forward to more pictures!

That's nice. Which is your favourite furniture shop thus far??

I meant some pieces are reasonable, there's definitely some pieces which are way over my budget. Ha.

Cant post much pics as I'm not using camera phone, ha.. samsung camera also down.. Will try to post more pics eventually!!

Hmmm I would go for yellow to contrast with the blue, maybe buttery yellow? However this will draw all the attention!

Yup I'm also looking at light shades of blue or buttery yellow, but the sofa leather does not offer such colour choices, unless I'm getting fabric sofas. Have you seen leather sofa in buttery yellow? As I would prefer leather sofa over fabric sofa for better comfort and durability.

Now I'm thinking of grey or white or coffee/hazel colour.. White is definitely easy to match but the salesperson strongly discouraged it. He said all white sofas will have yellow spots after 8-10months, unavoidable.. and with my kids, might be difficult for maintenance too!!

Nice stools and chairs from Egg3.

g_e02_ud5yz.jpg

What about this for my dining table?? Quite cool ya..

f_024_ud5yz.jpg

Also went to check out a few furniture shops today.

1) P5 - really nice furnitures, all come with a story, but very expensive prices!! We asked for a pendant light pricing and the pair costs near $16K!!

2) Foundry - Love their side tables, high end pricing too.

3) Like that One - Always love this shop, always will have something I like when I go there, but my house do not have so much space, too many things I like..ha

4) Robocco Kent - Vintage decorative items.

5) The GODOWN - Vintage decorative items.

Will check out Second Charm and Carpentry and Cook next week when I have the time :D

Went to see the progress of my house this morning.

Wall tiles for Left Side of Kitchen are up.

a_d6c_ud5yz.jpg

Living area floor tiles are laid.

b_bfc_ud5yz.jpg

Wall for storeroom is up. Going to paint and leave it as it is.

c_a84_ud5yz.jpg

Hopefully more will be done next week!

Will be putting up pictures on the walls of my new home. Love toys, artists' paintings and prints!!

Bought myself this for the moment to support a stroke event,

u710_4cc_ud5yz.jpg

Other cute prints:

15tj_78e_ud5yz.jpg

s7u3_e93_ud5yz.png

Heard that Pomelo also has some great prints for sale. Might visit Pomelo and Lorgan next week as well.