Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
duruduru

[Help] Building Extra Wall/ Sliding Door To Form Another Room

anyone knows the process of building an additional wall in a hdb flat to form a room?

i currently share a room with my brother and things are a little inconvenient especially when he bring back friend(s) to stay over in our room.

our house is a 5 room flat and originally there was 4 rooms (3 normal rooms and 1 with a long-transparent-sliding-door type of room). when we moved in, my father removed the transparent sliding door and made the room into an open area (that area is seldom used now)

i told my parents to build a wall or a sliding door back to that area so that i could sleep there but they mentioned something about having to apply for some permit (then they brushed the issue aside.. and now i shall take the first action :notti: )

i am wondering if anyone knows the 'process' of apply for the permit or if you have any lobangs?

and also the estimated price for building the wall/long sliding door?

thank you!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I'm not sure about getting permit part, but I think - no need.

I am getting the study area to be converted into a bed room too with sliding glass door too at my new hse.

Should be less than 1k to do a wall partition and sliding glass door.

You can get even get a wardrobe (7ft) to be done on the inside of the door (wall partition) about $1300 to $1600.