Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
monk8

My Minimalist Resale Home

went searching for sockets and light switches...

the variety are only 2-3 brands...

Hager brand

076_zpsa2981166.jpg

078_zps5d595dd3.jpg

Legrand

079_zps2956e14c.jpg

A comparison...

077_zpsff667991.jpg

in the end, use neither....went with schneider instead...as recommended by ID and he said it will look nice and sleek....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

and now we choose wood laminate color, paint color...

very easy task...since it's all white....white for laminates and walls...my parents want to have glossy white for walls but unfortunately, there is no glossy white...so we choose white will a little gloss...matt white will not do as it tend to get dirty easier (?) something along that line based on what we had in our current place...

week 6-8 no activities...so we went shopping with sanitary items for the house..

so many thing to buy...toilet bowls, basins for bathrooms and kitchen, shower heads, shower mixers, mixer for bathrooms and kitchen...the list goes on..... :jawdrop:

went to a lot of places....including Universal Union, Sing Siang Jun and even to JB...

in the end, we bought mainly from 3 places....Universal Union, JB and Lite Fusion...Lite Fusion is by accident as we were at ID's office to discuss colors and we saw that shop a few doors away..

Things bought from;

Lite Fusion

045_zpsa538ec8d.jpg

043_zpsf59e3a52.jpg

042_zpsfefec1f1.jpg

039_zps236abcb7.jpg

things not seen here are basins and mixers for bathrooms.

from Universal Union..

003_zps59e8facd.jpg

and all these from JB...cheaper but have to drive around to find what you want...

so if you are busy and dont want to drive into JB, then suggest you buy in singapore..

during these 3 weeks wait...we found the wooden door frame the master bathroom rotting at the bottom!!

decide to change to glass door and hack away the wooden frame just in case but everything in the bathroom is already tiled and done..

093_zps5e5e518d.jpg

with the week, it's completed.

very lucky for us, ID got us a skilled tiler or someone who hacked away the frame without damaging the wall tiles!!

phew!!

066_zpsed9c0345.jpg

Edited by monk8

am trying to find a new cover for my TV/ FM ...but it's been very hard as this type is from ages ago...

anyone know where to get it??

113_zpsd524eb43.jpg

some issues for windows as well.

It seems that powder-coated window panels cannot be painted or sprayed over...

i read that powder-coated stuffs are very durable and lasting...however, it seems previous owner didnt maintain and it turn yellowish a little and i have been cleaning and cleaning and still not any whiter.... :(

110_zpsbc9b40a0.jpg

107_zps8b750774.jpg

anyone has any suggestion on the window panels cleaning??

the window handle is another issue...

managed to get a similar from Handyman shop at Shaw building...but then depth of the handle is not correct .... sigh,,, :(

and for those who want to buy hard to find hardwares stuff for house..try checking with the Handyman Centre....there are many things which you havent seen for ages and some hard to find stuffs..

the shop owners are very friendly as well..

007_zpse3c8e56c.jpg

we want a full grey one but dont have ..so we choose grey with black spots..

what about you?? black? grey? or white?

We have the same sink; which color did you choose?

Edited by monk8

The beige, sand-color one. Solid surface top will be of similar color too.

nice! good to be able to match the solid surface.,.

mine is white but not practical to have a white sink...cannot imagine the cleaner and scrubbing...

nice! good to be able to match the solid surface.,.

mine is white but not practical to have a white sink...cannot imagine the cleaner and scrubbing...

True, especially when pouring away leftover gravy; I kept having this impression that it will stain!

True, especially when pouring away leftover gravy; I kept having this impression that it will stain!

haha..ya...confirmed will stain after a few more time...and i dont want to scrub and scrub....ideally black will be best...cant see any dirt or stain! lol...