Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
monk8

My Minimalist Resale Home

my common bathroom

cbath_steven_CastleGreen_a_zpsb8a18779.j

i know i want a white bathroom to make it look clean, big and minimalist but am totally not expecting this visually...LOVED it!! :good:

all white everywhere but with grey floor tiles...of cos the shower head, basin and toilet bowl will not be the same as in the pic...everything else is as what i want.

Edited by monk8

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

my common bathroom

cbath_steven_CastleGreen_a_zpsb8a18779.j

am totally not expecting this...LOVED it!! :good:

all white everywhere but with grey floor tiles...of cos the shower head, basin and toilet bowl will not be the same as in the pic...everything else is as discussed and confirmed.

Hi. Think we have the exact same wall and floor tiles ! Good choice by the way haha

Hi. Think we have the exact same wall and floor tiles ! Good choice by the way haha

haha..

thanks!!

ya, i choose the very basic white wall tile...all white and it's rather cheap as well..

as for floor, i choose a slightly rough surface with some shiny dots dark grey tile...bottom left hand corner at thread#16...

would love a white or lighter shade floor tile but have to be practical since lighter shade or white floor tiles will be very obvious when dirty...

the master bathroom

mbath_steven_CastleGreen_b_zps2083834f.j

everything is similar except there is a cupboard and wall tiles are not pure white as seen here...there is slight grey lines on white...will show the actual tiles when i post up the pics of the complete bathroom..

the bedroom.

bed2_steven_CastleGreen_b_zpsb8f9da6d.jp

nothing wow here...i keep the existing panquet floor and choose white for wardrobes and walls...

Possible to change the bathroom door colour? The dark brown doesn't quite match based on the 3D. Just my 2.5 cents. =p

For the wardrobe glass and laminates, try to match their colour to the wall paint or tiles which is probably a creamier shade. Whites in laminates, window frames and glass can be more bluish or greenish... Something I only learnt after my reno unfortunately. Would choose off white laminates if I'd known.

Possible to change the bathroom door colour? The dark brown doesn't quite match based on the 3D. Just my 2.5 cents. =p

For the wardrobe glass and laminates, try to match their colour to the wall paint or tiles which is probably a creamier shade. Whites in laminates, window frames and glass can be more bluish or greenish... Something I only learnt after my reno unfortunately. Would choose off white laminates if I'd known.

unfortunately, bathroom door color cannot change ...we keeping the original door as it's plain, simple and in good condition....but getting the ID to re-vanish it to look new....in fact all the rooms' doors are kept and revanish...

for wardrobe glass...i know it is green tint in color as glass with white backing will look a little green..

ask my ID how...he said can upgrade to white glass which is really white but will be expensive...an add $500 for each wardrobe! so 3 wardrobes will be add. $1500!! :jawdrop: ...after thinking...not very worth it to spend that much on glass doors....though i would like to have really white glass wardrobe doors... sigh...

for laminates...my ID choose for me a white laminate that is white and not bluish in color...dont know what that means... :dunno:

he mentioned something about the thickness or surface of the laminates..hope it will look white and not blue...

kitchen

kit1_steven_CastleGreen_b_zpsdcbcc940.jp

this is another surprise visually... :good:

not expecting a white and grey kitchen to look this good...hopefully the actual product matches the pic.. :)

my living and dining areas have changes made to the 3D drawings due to the wrong colors for woodworks..so dont have the final version...but it's all white as well....

back to reno...

Week 2 thru Week 4 ...

the wetworks continue...

004_zps133c8e9a.jpg

007_zps58d7bcfc.jpg

the common bathroom is almost completed...am impressed with the tiler...he's fast and good...and friendly as well... :)

looking good...all white and reflective...at least didnt made a small room smaller...

dont understand the cement on the floor...is it water proofing? or just sceening for the floor before the floor tiles...

Edited by monk8

Looking good ! Your toilet looks nice !

thanks!!

i am also surprised at the 3D drawings ....let's hope the drawings match the final product... :)

kitchen

087_zps521b33fc.jpg

066_zpsee4f9a31.jpg

065_zps10d24a0a.jpg

within week2 to 3, bathrooms and kitchen and yard are almost done...very fast and good it seems...left the living room which is the most important critical when coming to tiling....

after week4, the living room is done and covered up with cupboards.

work started on false ceiling and wiring..

089_zps920b7072.jpg

074_zps5d46768c.jpg

lots of wirings and holes on the walls...