Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
monk8

My Minimalist Resale Home

where did u get ur sofa ar? and the damage?

i'm also looking for something like that, but everywhere i see is over my puny budget :wacko:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

just returned from checking the reno...

not bad...suddenly a lot of things are installed, only left toilet mirrors..

maybe can make it by this thurs...left the cleaning and polishing of floors and walls...

where did u get ur sofa ar? and the damage?

i'm also looking for something like that, but everywhere i see is over my puny budget :wacko:

ya.. i know...i also search high and low...i want a squarish and clean lines sofa..

the one i showed is L-shaped but i'm not buying that...I just buy a normal 3 seater sofa.

i bought this at Univonna at TradeHub in Jurong...

even IMM dont even have this type of sofa, lucky passed by Tradehub.

the price will differ depending on sizes and if you want L-shaped or normal...

the damage for this is $1200..for a 8ft sofa....i assuming if you want smaller one, it could be cheaper...

and you get to choose the fabric and color...

some issues for windows as well.

It seems that powder-coated window panels cannot be painted or sprayed over...

i read that powder-coated stuffs are very durable and lasting...however, it seems previous owner didnt maintain and it turn yellowish a little and i have been cleaning and cleaning and still not any whiter.... :(

110_zpsbc9b40a0.jpg

107_zps8b750774.jpg

anyone has any suggestion on the window panels cleaning??

the window handle is another issue...

managed to get a similar from Handyman shop at Shaw building...but then depth of the handle is not correct .... sigh,,, :(

and for those who want to buy hard to find hardwares stuff for house..try checking with the Handyman Centre....there are many things which you havent seen for ages and some hard to find stuffs..

the shop owners are very friendly as well..

007_zpse3c8e56c.jpg

can i have address of this shop.. my condo also have same problem.. windows handles are in bad shape.. n windows cant be painted as they are powder coated.. any solution for this problem ur id gave..

can i have address of this shop.. my condo also have same problem.. windows handles are in bad shape.. n windows cant be painted as they are powder coated.. any solution for this problem ur id gave..

This shop is at Shaw centre off orchard road, #16-01.

https://www.facebook.com/HandymanCentre

no lah, my ID dont know how to fix this problem....he said either leave it or change the whole windows....if change all windows, will cost $2000+... :jawdrop:

i think most condo windows are powder coated to last but if didnt maintain, really bad if white become yellow...:(

hope yours is not white...

today went down in the morning...the guys doing polishing are already at work...very dusty...

basically still a couple of small things still not completed.

then came the bomb, a cabinet door cant be opened!! :angry2::jawdrop:

the door just opened nicely within the wall depth and there is no space to put my fingers to open it... sigh!!

check with ID and he suggest either open from the bottom of the door or try to find a long magnet to push the door out more..

even with longer magnet to push the door out, the whole door is not flat...seems warped..could be it's a whole long piece...

so in the end, i want it split into 2 doors.

will inform him how i want it done when he hand over this week...hopefully no other issues....

After many many weeks of light and fan hunting, we finally decided and bought all the items.

for bedrooms - from downlight+cove lights to pendant light to finally downlights...so many changes..

in the end, we bought 26 LED square downlights, 1 LED T5, 22 T5 for covelights, 4 LED norm lights, 3 halogen lights and 1 effect light for foyer....sooo many lights...bought all from JB..the recommendation from you guys...thanks! definitely saved a lot of money! :good:

dining table light and fan will be delivered and installed when the paintworks are done.

fan will be amasco as seen above..the white 3 blades one. :)

can i know which shop in JB u went to buy all lights.. and how much is the price of LED downlights and t5 costing.. as i am planning to go on sat to ..

can i know which shop in JB u went to buy all lights.. and how much is the price of LED downlights and t5 costing.. as i am planning to go on sat to ..

i bought from 3 places, 2 are auite near each other while 1 is rather far up.

Starworld lighting (Rosmerah) @ Jalan Rosmerah 2/2, Tmn Johor Jaya. tel: 010-828 7788

look for Sam who is the branch supervisor.

I bought my LED cool whites square downlights from here.

i think it's on sale and cost 48MYR.

If you plan to buy the same one, do check that they didnt give you the old model where you can see 9 light bulbs...it's supposed to be "frosted" and cannot see the light bulbs one.

Lucky I checked when they are testing out all the lights for me, if not i will end up with the ugly older version.

027_zpsdb8f9160.jpg

I also buy my kitchen light here...125MYR and it's LED and very bright..

1 T8 is enough.

056_zpse2ff9c84.jpg

Best Light Electrical @ Jalan Ros Merah 2/10, Tmn Johor Jaya. tel:07-358 1211

look for lady boss at the 2nd floor.

2nd floor have a lot of different dining, living room, pendant, ceiling lights and even fans.

i bought my T5s from here...cost 22MYR for a 3ft T5.

i need a lot of T5 due to cove lights in living room.

Last place is Tampoi Lighting Centre.

And like what others have mentioned, it's further up and away from the other 2 lighting places.

i bought my other lights here....like halogen lights, foyer lights and yard light.

halogen light for bathroom mirrors.

025_zps5508116d.jpg

Yard lights

023_zps960d0d5e.jpg

foyer light

024_zps9e9b88a6.jpg

and while you are in JB for lights, go to Chuan Huat Kitchenware & Sanitaryware to look around to see if you want to buy your taps, mixers, basins or even toilet bowls there...confirm cheaper.

address: Jalan Dedap 4, Tmn Johor Jaya. Tel:07-357 0109 (this is in Starlight and Best Lights area)

look for Jason or Ms Yong.

went down yesterday to see how's the status....the handover date supposed to be yesterday.

when there, saw the guy whitening the floor lines and polishing the living room...so we left since we dont want to distract him.

finally the day has come.

today is the handover day...appt was in the afternoon so we went down after lunch.

the first impression when stepping into the living room ...not bad...everything is white and smooth and white... :notti:

okie then i start to do my inspection of each room while my parents help to make their rounds.

Room by room i went....the list gets longer....and longer....sigh...

paintwork still need more touch ups which i think is normal ...

woodworks still have some doors and parts missing and was told that these will be completed by next tues...

plumbing - water leakage for the shower heads and a very scratched shower mixer cover.

the worst news of all....i have a dent made on 1 of living room floor tile!!!!! :angry2:

OMG!! :jawdrop: why so careless....if not for that dent, the living room flooring is perfect!!

now must get the skillful tiler to come back on monday to change.

then discuss another 3 wall tiles in kitchen have a hole chipped off...

even the kitchen top also kenna the same fate...2 dents at the side...

so i guess the tiler has a lot of work to do ....provided no one chip or dent any more tiles...

then the glass guys came to install the sliding door....another issue!! :angry2:

the door is slated so now have to remove the skitting to allow the door to sit in nicely against the wall.... sigh

and then i saw a line on the glass door....is that a cut or a removable mark?!!

alamak...why is there so much issue even on handover day.... :jawdrop::jawdrop:

i know we are supposed to check and the ID has 1 week to rectify these issues...but so many meh??

or is this common?? any advise from existing owners who had completed their reno???

Best Light Electrical @ Jalan Ros Merah 2/10, Tmn Johor Jaya. tel:07-358 1211

look for lady boss at the 2nd floor.

2nd floor have a lot of different dining, living room, pendant, ceiling lights and even fans.

i bought my T5s from here...cost 22MYR for a 3ft T5.

i need a lot of T5 due to cove lights in living room.

Last place is Tampoi Lighting Centre.

And like what others have mentioned, it's further up and away from the other 2 lighting places.

i bought my other lights here....like halogen lights, foyer lights and yard light.

halogen light for bathroom mirrors.

025_zps5508116d.jpg

Yard lights

023_zps960d0d5e.jpg

foyer light

024_zps9e9b88a6.jpg

Do u need to declare these items @ checkpoint..how much is the duty we need to pay..as I m planning 50 LEDs next week frm tampoi lighting center...

Do u need to declare these items @ checkpoint..how much is the duty we need to pay..as I m planning 50 LEDs next week frm tampoi lighting center...

from what i understand, you need to declare if over a certain amount per person...

all the stuffs i bought dont need to declare as i have 4 pax headcount to split the amount.

but if you are buying that large number of LEDs, you need to check how much in total as you might need to pay duty...or if you have more people tagging along...then perhaps dont need to pay any,,,

after friday handover, we have to wait for tomorrow for the rectify works to start.

however, got a call from ID saying that the hole on the floor can be polish away....i'm like huh?

wouldnt excessive polishing on a compressed marble tile make it unbalance when compared to the surrounding tiles??!!:dunno: