Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
3Dyms

Mon Petite Chateau @ Bt Batok

Hi Shabbychic,

Firstly, Congrats on getting your keys! You must be so excited! Renovations are lots of fun, but it can also cause you to pull a few hairs

My apologies for the late reply. Have not had the time to update as there's been some hiccups (again), but thank goodness we are right on schedule with move-in date set for the coming Saturday (27/July). Yippee!

Since you won't be able to do a victorian kitchen, perhaps you can consider getting built-in cabinetry (for bedrooms & common areas), some wall trimmings and cornices to try tie in the look. Ecolinks has a great collection of furnishings suitable for this style. Usually custom made carpentry will costs more then off the shelf pieces. I've PM you the contact details for my carpenter ID. No harm asking for a quote. Another shop you may wanna have a look is Manhattan Collection. I've actually bought my TV console & Dining set from them. HTH's.

Edited by 3Dyms

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yippee!!!

Over the weekend, Bro Eric came over to install our white Fanco ceiling fans. Initially, we had chosen the 54" blades. But due to it being out of stock, Bro Eric suggested that we take the 60" fans for both my living & dining areas instead as my L-Box is big enough. Superb recommendation! The extra 3" does make a difference. A wonderful job as usual. Both hub & me are very pleased with them. See pics below:

xkwv.jpg

rjnr.jpg

Hi 3Dyms,

Many thanks for the swift reply! You have been most helpful! Will definitely go and take a look at Manhattan Collection.

Great to hear that you are moving in this Sat. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your lovely house soon!

Hi 3Dyms,

Many thanks for the swift reply! You have been most helpful! Will definitely go and take a look at Manhattan Collection.

Great to hear that you are moving in this Sat. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your lovely house soon!

Hi Shabbychic,

Np. ;) have fun shopping around. There's a few other shops that does French style furnishings too. But my mags are in boxes now. Maybe after I've moved, I'll try to search the addresses for you. Or... You can buy Home & Deco mag. There's a shop in kallang that usually does ads in it.

Will try to post more full pics once I've settled in. Meanwhile, can only some small updates. :)

Hi 3Dyms,

R u using led downlight? U hv a nice hse there.

Hi maxngck,

Thanks. Yup. All my downlights are LED. After many sleepless nights researching & discussions, hub & me finally caved in & got LED lights, especially since we were able to secure a good price with 1-yr warranty (1-to-1exchange if faulty). ;)

Hi maxngck,

Thanks. Yup. All my downlights are LED. After many sleepless nights researching & discussions, hub & me finally caved in & got LED lights, especially since we were able to secure a good price with 1-yr warranty (1-to-1exchange if faulty). ;)

Hi

Do u mind sharing how much is the downlight and where do u got it? Those r 6" 12w warm white? Is it bright enuf? I need 26pcs for my whole house. Stil not able to find gd deal on this. Hope u can share wif me.

Thks

Hi Maxngck,

Yes. The downlights are 6" 12w warm white and they are very bright. Actually my contractor is the one with the lobang and it costs me about $34/pc. If we'd had gotten the LED lights from shops in Balestier, they would hv costs about $50-$90/pc. A downside of these lights is I don't think they hv safety mark cert.

Maybe you wanna contact Bro Eric at this link: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/42520-ceiling-fans-downlightsetc/

Initially I wanted the lights from Bro Eric as his lights have safety mark. But my contractor was very persistent, so I relented and got from him instead. Good luck in your search.

Hi Maxngck,

Yes. The downlights are 6" 12w warm white and they are very bright. Actually my contractor is the one with the lobang and it costs me about $34/pc. If we'd had gotten the LED lights from shops in Balestier, they would hv costs about $50-$90/pc. A downside of these lights is I don't think they hv safety mark cert.

Maybe you wanna contact Bro Eric at this link: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/42520-ceiling-fans-downlightsetc/

Initially I wanted the lights from Bro Eric as his lights have safety mark. But my contractor was very persistent, so I relented and got from him instead. Good luck in your search.

Hi 3Dyms,

Ic. Some id will hv v gd lobang. My id lobang is not tat attractive. I am actually wori whether is 12w sufficient. Watever more than 12w is v expensive. So still need furthee searching.

Actually my id was saying tat for led downlight, need very long time to get back the saving and provided it dun spoil. He got a point there and thus making me quite hesitating. But I do really like led..... sigh....

Hi Maxngck,

We finally chose LED downlights cos it's energy saving and my hub does not want to keep changing bulbs. We know that some people have issues with their drivers so the 1-yr warranty (with 1-to-1 exchange) makes a difference. In fact, all the lightings in my new place are LED, including a chandelier at the stairs. I know that the initial start up costs is higher. But considering that I'm a stay home mom with 3 kids, we reckon that our light usage will be high. So it only makes sense for us to hop on the LED boat. Very happy with our choice.

For your case, I'd recommend going for LED downlights that are reputable and have safety mark - like the Philips brand or the ones from Bro Eric. Also check on the warranty & exchange period. This way you can be assured on your recourse in the event your lights are spoilt. Otherwise, how about going for normal downlights but using LED bulbs without the driver? This way, if the LED bulbs don't work out, you can switch back to normal energy saving bulbs. HTH's.

Hi 3Dyms,

Ic. Some id will hv v gd lobang. My id lobang is not tat attractive. I am actually wori whether is 12w sufficient. Watever more than 12w is v expensive. So still need furthee searching.

Actually my id was saying tat for led downlight, need very long time to get back the saving and provided it dun spoil. He got a point there and thus making me quite hesitating. But I do really like led..... sigh....

Hi

In order to really see the impact of savings they need to be switched on like 8 hrs a day, which is not really practical assuming they're switch on from 7 to 11 pm on most nights, and it sounds dumb to leave them on on purpose just to save bills?

We'd rather spend on things that are visible to us rather than 20-30 bucks on a LED bulb. Maybe we're influenced by our contractor when he said halogen effects are nicer.

But I guess the plus point in LEDs is that they emit lesser heat.

Anyway to each his own. Just penning down my thoughts. :)

Edited by macuser77

well said macuss~

Hi mrmerry!

Ermm hope that didn't offend those who are fans of LEDs. Just finished work and washed out....so EQ level zero :)

Edited by macuser77

Hi macuser77,

Yah. What you mention is true too. But I'm a SHM with 3 kiddos at home, so guess our usage will be higher then the usual household with 2 working adults & kids off in childcare the whole day. Plus, since i got my LED downlights at a good price, I reckon it's a good 'risk' to take. Praying hard that all my lights will work well and no need to change anything for at least 5-yrs. *cross fingers cross toes* :P

Hi macuser77,

Yah. What you mention is true too. But I'm a SHM with 3 kiddos at home, so guess our usage will be higher then the usual household with 2 working adults & kids off in childcare the whole day. Plus, since i got my LED downlights at a good price, I reckon it's a good 'risk' to take. Praying hard that all my lights will work well and no need to change anything for at least 5-yrs. *cross fingers cross toes* :P

can share you LED downlights lobang ?.. i think i will go 50% LED and 50% non-LED.. haha..