Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
3Dyms

Mon Petite Chateau @ Bt Batok

Hi mrmerry!

Ermm hope that didn't offend those who are fans of LEDs. Just finished work and washed out....so EQ level zero :)

No worries... All discussions welcomed. I admit I went thru the whole process of "LED or normal.... LED or normal".

P/s: love your house Reno. Always a joy to read about Reno jobs done by the famous Mr K. How I wished I had known about him earlier, then perhaps would hv asked him to do my home Reno. :)

Edited by 3Dyms

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

can share you LED downlights lobang ?.. i think i will go 50% LED and 50% non-LED.. haha..

Actually, my LED downlights are thru my contractor's lobang. A downside to this is, no safety mark. Maybe you check and see if your ID got any lobangs or not? Else, you can ask a quote from Bro Eric (his thread is: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/42520-ceiling-fans-downlightsetc-trusted-supplier-since-2011/). His are safety mark lights.

Hi macuser77,

Yah. What you mention is true too. But I'm a SHM with 3 kiddos at home, so guess our usage will be higher then the usual household with 2 working adults & kids off in childcare the whole day. Plus, since i got my LED downlights at a good price, I reckon it's a good 'risk' to take. Praying hard that all my lights will work well and no need to change anything for at least 5-yrs. *cross fingers cross toes* :P

Hi 3Dyms.

I think you'll not need to switch bulbs as philips LEDs have a technical lifespan of 15 yrs! I guess when the bulbs wear out your kids will be old enough to change it for you guys :)

Maybe wife and I will purchase 3 LEDs per mth...and we'll have full LED track lights in a yr. Haha

Edited by macuser77

Hi 3Dyms.

I think you'll not need to switch bulbs as philips LEDs have a technical lifespan of 15 yrs! I guess when the bulbs wear out your kids will be old enough to change it for you guys :)

Maybe wife and I will purchase 3 LEDs per mth...and we'll have full LED track lights in a yr. Haha

That will be fantastic!! My hubs hates changing light bulbs. But then, I have 3 gals.... Hahah. Get their future bf's to help out. Lol. :D

I'm sure LED will be advancing a lot more, so can take your time. Who knows, maybe in a year's time, my LED lights will be considered 'old fashion'. :P

That will be fantastic!! My hubs hates changing light bulbs. But then, I have 3 gals.... Hahah. Get their future bf's to help out. Lol. :D

I'm sure LED will be advancing a lot more, so can take your time. Who knows, maybe in a year's time, my LED lights will be considered 'old fashion'. :P

Hi! :)

It's the mrs here. My hubs hates changing light bulbs too! Surprisingly, our lights from the previous reno lasted 8 years (hubs instructed that i say they are non-LED..) with probably only 3 that required changing due to wear and tear. Needless to say, my hubby didn't change it and we left it as such...

Hi! :)

It's the mrs here. My hubs hates changing light bulbs too! Surprisingly, our lights from the previous reno lasted 8 years (hubs instructed that i say they are non-LED..) with probably only 3 that required changing due to wear and tear. Needless to say, my hubby didn't change it and we left it as such...

Hi Mrs Macuser77,

Wow! Your non LED lights can last so long. My old PLC downlights needed changing now and then. At one stage, he was changing like 2-3 bulbs consistently for a couple of weeks till we ran out of spares. Yes... our old place had downlights everywhere (even the kitchen & bathrooms). For my new place, downlights are now in the living dining areas and rooms only. Even then, we have a grand total of 38 downlights. That's also a main reason why we went for LED this time. He wants to avoid changing bulbs for as long as possible. :P

Edited by 3Dyms

hahahaha

i burst out laughing when i read your comment about asking their future bfs to help out

:notti:

Lol actually my whole house of 40 lights all led.

Hahahaha... Hi-5. We can shake hands cos all my lightings are LED too. Like I said, my hubs hate changing light bulbs. So long as there's a way to minimize this arduous task, we r willing to try out. :D

hahahaha

i burst out laughing when i read your comment about asking their future bfs to help out

:notti:

Boh pianz leh.... In 15-yrs, both hub & me will be in our 50's liaoz. Better dont climb ladders. So must get help... Thank God for sending my gals bf's. heheheheh. :P

Boh pianz leh.... In 15-yrs, both hub & me will be in our 50's liaoz. Better dont climb ladders. So must get help... Thank God for sending my gals bf's. heheheheh. :P

hahahahahahha

i can imagine the scene in the future...

Daughter 1: "Mummy, this is Alex, my boyfriend."

Alex: "Hello aunti..."

3Dyms (interjecting excitedly): "I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU FOR 15 YEARS!!! QUICK, SHUT UP AND HELP US TO CHANGE THE LIGHT BULBS. AIYA, DON'T NEED TO SHAKE HAND LAH, FASTER GO CHANGE LIGHT BULBS FIRST THEN CALL ME AUNTIE!!!"

:rofl:

hahahahahahha

i can imagine the scene in the future...

Daughter 1: "Mummy, this is Alex, my boyfriend."

Alex: "Hello aunti..."

3Dyms (interjecting excitedly): "I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU FOR 15 YEARS!!! QUICK, SHUT UP AND HELP US TO CHANGE THE LIGHT BULBS. AIYA, DON'T NEED TO SHAKE HAND LAH, FASTER GO CHANGE LIGHT BULBS FIRST THEN CALL ME AUNTIE!!!"

:rofl:

hahhhah.... this is so hilarious! I think if I really do this, my gal will run and go hide her face liaoz. :rofl::ph34r:

Yippee!!!

Over the weekend, Bro Eric came over to install our white Fanco ceiling fans. Initially, we had chosen the 54" blades. But due to it being out of stock, Bro Eric suggested that we take the 60" fans for both my living & dining areas instead as my L-Box is big enough. Superb recommendation! The extra 3" does make a difference. A wonderful job as usual. Both hub & me are very pleased with them. See pics below:

xkwv.jpg

rjnr.jpg

lovely fans.Btw, is the fan installed on a false ceiling? My ceiling is false, not very sure whether can install ceiling fan?

Hi EmPro,

These fans were not installed on false ceiling. It's on my actual cement ceiling. However, for my old place, Bro Eric did install a ceiling fan onto my false ceiling and it was fantastic. No wobbling, no shaking even at the highest speed. Last I heard, the buyers that took over the unit still has that same fan up. *thumbs up*

Hi EmPro,

These fans were not installed on false ceiling. It's on my actual cement ceiling. However, for my old place, Bro Eric did install a ceiling fan onto my false ceiling and it was fantastic. No wobbling, no shaking even at the highest speed. Last I heard, the buyers that took over the unit that same fan up. *thumbs up*[

Hi EmPro,

These fans were not installed on false ceiling. It's on my actual cement ceiling. However, for my old place, Bro Eric did install a ceiling fan onto my false ceiling and it was fantastic. No wobbling, no shaking even at the highest speed. Last I heard, the buyers that took over the unit still has that same fan up. *thumbs up*

is it possible to give bro Eric nos so that I could ask him to install fan for me? Thk

You