Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi

I am very new here. I am thinking of buying a 3 room resale which very likely to have whole house renovated. I like modern and cozy design without many colours.

I was wondering, if I have a budget of 35k, can my dream fulfill? Thank in advanced if any brothers and sisters can share their view or experience.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

35K is adequate. I think you need to factor in things that are outside the renovation quotation. For mine, here are the extra spenditure aside from the big sum from ID/contractor:

(1) Re-wiring (with downlight+ cove lighting)- $3k

(2) Sanitary wares (Wash closets, basins, taps, showers etc) - $1k

(3) Built-in electrical appliances (Heaters, Lighting, Fans, Hood, Hob) - $2.5k

(4) Air Conditioner - $2.3k

(5) Curtain - $1k

This exclude furniture, electrical appliances... So you had an idea.

Edited by ashleyspace

Alot of self adverts here. Hahhahahahhaa. :P

Resale flats generally will be more expensive I guess especially if you'll need to hack away the current tiles and accessories.

Depending on what you want lor, if you add alot of carpentry then.... Cannot la.

But 35k should be quite do-able since the most basic renovation will cost around 18k liao for a 3 rooms resale? :o

Hi! I suggest using the form at Renotalk to engage a renovation company. You can quote your budget of $35k and several renovation companies might get back to you for discussions on the designs you desire. Since the sourcing of renovation companies is free, why not try it? You might get a renovation company that you will be pleased with and whose rates are within your budget.

http://www.renotalk.com/main/Renovation/Quotation/RenoQuoteRequestFormpg2.php

35k is more then enough to renovate your house but not those super cosy with bat tub toilet. so far my quote for rerenovating my resale 4rm flat most ex is toilet

Hi I am looking for a trust able company to renovate a resale 3 room buying in months time.

I have this budget of 35 k must be including electrical works, rewiring, shifting and adding electrical points.

No other hidden costs . From my last reno experience, I have encountered very bad experience, so this time I will want to be frank in all dollars & cents.

Any contractor or ID in a reputable company with a website kindly pm , thank you.

Any other inputs are most welcome.

35K for 3 room without adding in furnishing should be more than enough.

Im actually looking at Fineline Design Studio also. www.fineline.com.sg heard from one of my friend that they do not have any hidden cost. But still i need advice and feedback on this. Anyone?

Im in the process and close to completion of my 3rm flat total reno. ID/Contractor quoted me around the same amount for total reno inclusive of electrical and bathroom accessories. Just to share with you that when you discuss with your ID and quoted you for inclusive of electrical wirings and accessories + bathroom accessories, you need to be aware how many lighting points, power plugs (double/single) , tv, tel points you need and how many is indicated in the quotation. The same with the bathroom accessories, you also need to know what type/brand they are going to install. Otherwise you can buy your own bathroom accessories to get control of the quality and pricing. For my electrical, it was included of 9 lighting points, 5 double socket, 3 single sockets, 2 tv, 2 telephone, 2 heater points,1 a/c pt. Adding more of this will cost about $50 to $80 each. Satisfied with my ID so far and completion is targeted next week.

Good luck to all of us renovating.

cheers!

I'm looking to renovate my 3-room flat. However, as I have elderly at home, I don't think I want to move elsewhere during the renovation period. I'm doing up the bathroom, whole kitchen (hacking all, built-in cabinets) but only wish to lay high resilient flooring to the living and bedrooms (i know it will be impossible to live in if I wanted an overhaul). Painting and re-wiring the whole house. Will it be an issue to the contractors?

Another question... Do the contractors need to do a site visit before giving me a quotation?

Please advise. Thank you.

Hi, I can recommend my contractor who is very helpful. if you need his contact just pm me.

Tried to pm you but cannot get it thru. Do you mind providing company / contact of your contractor? Thanks!

Tried to pm you but cannot get it thru. Do you mind providing company / contact of your contractor? Thanks!

Hi just pm you my contractor contact