Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dennis

No No To Bosch

Problem with my branded Bosch washer again. It happened similar to the first time - the washer just died while washing. No power to the whole unit. Suspect problem with the power regulator board again but need technician to confirm this Friday. Will have to pay $90+ for the service visit regardless whether to change part or not.

Adding to this, I just changed the shock absorber in Oct15 for $37 parts and $85 for labour. This model is suppose to be one of the top end German design and made model. Certainly did not live up to the German reputation. If this round repair is going to cost a bomb, I swear this would be the end of Bosch product for me.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hei, sneaky ho

get them to check all other parts as well. if needed, just change it. Their labor cost is not cheap. hope to hear good news from you. :-)

On 4/24/2013 at 5:20 PM, Dennis said:

Wtf, use less than 2 years BOSCH washer broke down. cannot even beat fisher and paykel which cost half of the price.

How long a washer should last?

I agree! Fisher and paykel is much more reliable! My fisher and paykel washer is working fine for 5 years already with no problems. Previously my Bosch broke down in less than 2 years too.....

I also got a Bosch washer-cum-dryer.  Lasted no more than 4 years.  Halfway into the second tenancy, it broke down and due to the expensive repair costs (a few hundred dollars), I decided to buy an Electrolux as replacement instead.

In contrast, my Miele washer at another apartment is going through the 2nd extended tenancy.  Touch wood, it will stay that way.  I believe it should be about 5 years now.   

Also, if any of you are buying a GE fridge (those 2 doors side-by-side), you may want to reconsider.  I am now using my 3rd GE fridge.  The first 2 broke down and had to be discarded.  Believe they did not last more than 7 years each.  Fridge should last a longer time, no?