Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bengologist

Let's Go Punggol!

In addition to the meeting with the ID and carpenter, I also took this opportunity to have my purchases delivered to my home. After the ID and carpenter left, I stayed on to tear open the boxes (like an excited kid on boxing day) to have a glimpse of the items which will soon form part of my house. Besides busy dismantling these boxes, I also jotted down the descriptions on all the boxes (in both English and Chinese) so that the workers will have an easier time identifying them during installation. I suppose I'm the most thoughtful client my ID will ever encounter (of course, with the exception of constantly throwing new request at him... :P ).

These are the pictures.

1) Tecno Hob which I have ordered from Harvey Norman
20130519_162338_zps09a5bb6a.jpg

2) The shiny glass surface of the Tecno Hob (can't wait for it to be installed on the kitchen cabinet! :dribble: )
20130519_162357_zpsae2bf945.jpg

3) Tecno Slim Hood (Yeahhhh! I'm a Techno person! Wahahahaha! :jammin: )
20130519_162521_zpse8b48f40.jpg

4) Blanco double-bowl sink from Heritage Bathroom Gallery
20130519_163547_zps8e4b0cca.jpg

5) 7 pieces stainless steel bathroom accessories (also from Heritage Bathroom Gallery)
20130519_164107_zps62077913.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

In addition to the arrival of my local purchases, the Taobao items have also smoothly crossed the South China Sea and shown up in my Punggol flat. I must applause the effort of peeka staff in China for securing my items in layers and layers of air-filled cushion wrap during the packaging so that the protection level for the items is at its maximum. Well done! :good:

After opening up the boxes, I just browse through the items as I'm pretty lazy to fix up the parts and pieces. Shall upload more pictures after I have time to revisit my house again to join up all the small segments together.

Meanwhile here are some of the photographs:-

1) The packaging of my crystal chandelier purchased from Taobao (awesome right?! :notti: )
20130519_164708_zpse5bc72c7.jpg

2) All the small components of the crystal lighting set (Yawnnnnn... I got to construct them like how I used to play with Legos :( )
20130519_165219_zps5dca4ab4.jpg

3) The LED lightbulb of the crystal lighting set
20130519_165305_zpsa5630b80.jpg

4) Sink Mixer from Taobao (I have gotten the same as lawrenceke. To find out how it looks like when installed, please view his T-blog - http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/59703-my-humble-abode/?p=795023)
20130519_163020_zps104ed980.jpg

Wah all coming le.. hv a fun time! :)

Hahaha! There's more coming! I'm looking forward to the day when all these fittings are installed in their rightful place in the house.

So excited! Hahaha! :sport-smiley-004:

Opening boxes of new purchases are always really fun. Take more pictures!

Haha sure! But allow me to recuperate some energy over the week first. :sport-smiley-003:

Those boxes are insanely heavy! :wacko:

In addition to the arrival of my local purchases, the Taobao items have also smoothly crossed the South China Sea and shown up in my Punggol flat. I must applause the effort of peeka staff in China for securing my items in layers and layers of air-filled cushion wrap during the packaging so that the protection level for the items is at its maximum. Well done! :good:

After opening up the boxes, I just browse through the items as I'm pretty lazy to fix up the parts and pieces. Shall upload more pictures after I have time to revisit my house again to join up all the small segments together.

Meanwhile here are some of the photographs:-

1) The packaging of my crystal chandelier purchased from Taobao (awesome right?! :notti: )

20130519_164708_zpse5bc72c7.jpg

2) All the small components of the crystal lighting set (Yawnnnnn... I got to construct them like how I used to play with Legos :( )

20130519_165219_zps5dca4ab4.jpg

3) The LED lightbulb of the crystal lighting set

20130519_165305_zpsa5630b80.jpg

4) Sink Mixer from Taobao (I have gotten the same as lawrenceke. To find out how it looks like when installed, please view his T-blog - http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/59703-my-humble-abode/?p=795023)

20130519_163020_zps104ed980.jpg

The chandelier is super fun to install. If in doubt, contact me to advise you. :good:

The chandelier is super fun to install. If in doubt, contact me to advise you. :good:

Haha! Thanks man! I almost fainted when I saw so many components to the chandelier.

I will spend Vesak Day trying to fix up the chandelier. If I'm in doubt, I will call for :help: . Hahaha!

Haha! Thanks man! I almost fainted when I saw so many components to the chandelier.

I will spend Vesak Day trying to fix up the chandelier. If I'm in doubt, I will call for :help: . Hahaha!

Haha can't imagine the 2 "Incredible Hulks" doing delicate handycraft of fixing up the chandelier.. :lol:

Edited by jus4fun

Haha can't imagine the 2 "Incredible Hulks" doing delicated handycraft of fixing up the chandelier.. :lol:

Wahahahaha!

wah unboxing presents wor! :notti: but too bad.... paid by ur own pocket hor!!?? :rolleyes::P

Haha can't imagine the 2 "Incredible Hulks" doing delicate handycraft of fixing up the chandelier.. :lol:

Hopefully I won't get frustrated trying to fix up the chandelier, otherwise I will shout at it "YOU WOULDN'T LIKE ME WHEN I'M ANGRY! ROAAAAAAAARRRRRRR!"

Hahahaha! I'm just kidding. I won't harm my precious chandelier a single 'hair' even if I get annoyed during the fixing process. :lol:

wah unboxing presents wor! :notti: but too bad.... paid by ur own pocket hor!!?? :rolleyes::P

Yup, "unwrapping presents" which is paid by my own pocket. :~

Now no much cash left to spend cause I have not only burnt a big hole in my pockets, I managed to burn the whole pants (translate: Overspend by a lot! Hahaha!). :(

Yup, "unwrapping presents" which is paid by my own pocket. :~

Now no much cash left to spend cause I have not only burnt a big hole in my pockets, I managed to burn the whole pants (translate: Overspend by a lot! Hahaha!). :(

n u keep adding VOs to ur reno.. :lol: but no matter wat, i nvr see the Green Man rip his trousers de! so dun worry, it may get a little tight but u wont go bottomless... wahaha! :P

Hardworking workers! You should probably 'reward' them a little by offering to buy them lunch or cold drinks so that they will be thankful to you and do a proper job on your bedroom despite the urgent request. Hahaha..

I suggest you do a check on the workmanship and find if there's any defects because urgent work might make them more prone to 粗心大意。I'm also rushing them to speed up the renovation process, so I'm definitely on the lookout for these. :unsure:

Anyway thank for your wishes. I also hope that your renovation will be smooth-sailing too!

Have a great great week! :jammin:

This may sound dumb...I have been thinking about the "cold" drinks part for a while. Except for once when we went back during lunchtime, don't really know how else to leave cold drinks behind for them. Currently we could only provide them with room temperature drinks...(these days room temperature quite hot too...)

So far I have checked their tiling. Being an outsider in the reno industry, don't really know what to check. Haha. Can see some tiles slightly off-aligned but I can live with it lah...

Fixing the chandelier sounds fun! Like doing jigsaw puzzle, I like! Have fun!