Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bengologist

Let's Go Punggol!

Yeah that's true. I even discussed with my parents to bring the small fridge (really small) in my current living room over so that those guys will have cold drinks while working under such hot and humid conditions. However no one is free or willing to bring it over, so we eventually dropped the idea. :(

My new place to your place should be not far, I can help you with that.. But I will charge FEE. Lol..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hahahah...Yes it true.. That why I told my carpenter guy what I want for my kitchen cabinet. When I give him deposit, the next day he proceed my order. When I meet him the 2nd time, he already done all my carpenter works.. So kitchen cabinet can't add anythings.. So sad... I told him not need so fast, as im not in hurry.. My renovation not fast, just that all are individual sub-con. I plan the schedule by myself. Now I facing some problem, one part of my kitchen base do wronging, have to ask the tiler guy redo again. I really happy that my tiler guy is very good, no complain at all when I need his help to change this and that. :)

wow, u coordinate all of them, 佩服佩服 :good: ...so when u gonna post up some pics?

Hahahah...Yes it true.. That why I told my carpenter guy what I want for my kitchen cabinet. When I give him deposit, the next day he proceed my order. When I meet him the 2nd time, he already done all my carpenter works.. So kitchen cabinet can't add anythings.. So sad... I told him not need so fast, as im not in hurry.. My renovation not fast, just that all are individual sub-con. I plan the schedule by myself. Now I facing some problem, one part of my kitchen base do wronging, have to ask the tiler guy redo again. I really happy that my tiler guy is very good, no complain at all when I need his help to change this and that. :)

Wow! I should have done the same as you but I have no idea how to get everything string up in the first place. However if you ask me now, I can arrange everything from the head to the tail. Hahaha! :lol:

Good to know that everything is going smoothly for you. Perhaps time to start a T-blog to share your experience and also some photos? :notti:

If you teach the newbies how to coordinate the renovation work on your T-blog, I guess up to 40% of the IDs in Singapore will have an early retirement. Hahahahaha! :dribble:

My new place to your place should be not far, I can help you with that.. But I will charge FEE. Lol..

Hahaha! Thanks for the offer, I'm pretty broke right now. I guess I will buy drinks for those workers when I see them instead. LOL!

Edited by Bengologist

wow, u coordinate all of them, 佩服佩服 :good: ...so when u gonna post up some pics?

Wah lau! I dealt with one ID (in fact i felt like i'm helping him to coordinate with his contractors instead :angry2:) already heh heh liao! Niko coordinating all the contractors directly by herself?! Really kudos! :bow: And now my friend feels like doing it himself too.. :huh:

Edited by jus4fun

Edd, I don't take any photo when they do up my flooring, I just go down everyday see see look look and buy drinks for them. Ask some question that I don't know. The most important thing is say thank you to them for the hardwork. :)

Wow! I should have done the same as you but I have no idea how to get everything string up in the first place. However if you ask me now, I can arrange everything from the head to the tail. Hahaha! :lol:

Good to know that everything is going smoothly for you. Perhaps time to start a T-blog to share your experience and also some photos? :notti:

If you teach the newbies how to coordinate the renovation work on your T-blog, I guess up to 40% of the IDs in Singapore will have an early retirement. Hahahahaha! :dribble:

Hahaha.. that is why i don't post anythings.. if not wait those ID will come and find me... Ben, I don't know how to write a T-blog, as my english not that good.. and not sure how to post photo in the forum. Still learning how to upload the photo. When I get my key in March, then I started to look for resource.. Etc.. Who to do for tile, carpenter works, electrical...it better that can resource those people early so that you can plan what you want.. All the ID quoted me very expensive, that why I didn't engage them. To me the design they provide almost all the same, they will charge when you want to add more things. What I want is practical.. Not the design nice to see but more storage to use in the kitchen. Once my kitchen is install, I will try to post the photo for you to see. :) if anyone need help, I can share what I learn. :)

Hahaha! Thanks for the offer, I'm pretty broke right now. I guess I will buy drinks for those workers when I see them instead. LOL!

Not only you are broke, I'm broke too.. But buying drink is good cos they will help you do better job. If can buy some nice food too, just normal one will do. Like cake or whatever. They will do even better but not all the workers is. And they can help you when you need to do certain things. :)

Wah lau! I dealt with one ID (in fact i felt like i'm helping him to coordinate with his contractors instead :angry2:) already heh heh liao! Niko coordinating all the contractors directly by herself?! Really kudos! :bow: And now my friend feels like doing it himself too.. :huh:

just4fun, I learn something.. When you tell you ID about something's, he/ she will say have to check the their contractor, by the time they reply.. Take sometime.. Drag your time too.. I see no points at all.. If your friend want to coordinate with those contractor, he must have spare time to do so.. Cos it really need a lot of your time. At first it will be very tiring runing here and there but after all the things settle, it will be much easy. All you need just go new place see see look look. If anythings go wrong, call their boss. They can settle for you. :)

just4fun, I learn something.. When you tell you ID about something's, he/ she will say have to check the their contractor, by the time they reply.. Take sometime.. Drag your time too.. I see no points at all.. If your friend want to coordinate with those contractor, he must have spare time to do so.. Cos it really need a lot of your time. At first it will be very tiring runing here and there but after all the things settle, it will be much easy. All you need just go new place see see look look. If anythings go wrong, call their boss. They can settle for you. :)

Thanks for the sharing. U make it sound so easy like tt! Haha!

By the way, my "friend" is referring to Ah Beng lah - he said he should have done the same as u mah! haha! :lol:

Edited by jus4fun

Another things is that don't ever shout or scold at the workers cos you will not know what will they do at your house. Lol.. This is what i heard from my friends. Just pretend ask them why here is like that..talk to them nicer.. Then all your renovation will be smoothly, unless is ID faulty.. :)

Thanks for the sharing. U make it sound so easy like tt! Haha!

By the way, my "friend" is referring to Ah Beng lah - he said he should have done the same as u mah! haha! :lol:

Hahahaha... I also a newbie. I learn almost everything's in this forum. Want to thanks all the brother & sister for sharing so much of their renovation experience. :)

Another things is that don't ever shout or scold at the workers cos you will not know what will they do at your house. Lol.. This is what i heard from my friends. Just pretend ask them why here is like that..talk to them nicer.. Then all your renovation will be smoothly, unless is ID faulty.. :)

Of cos of cos! Mus always treat all wif respect. I'm one who believe 以礼待人, 以德服众.. Although I may nag my ID n grumble to him, at the end of the day still bro 来 bro 去! Haha! :lol: In fact a few months after handover he was still responding (though may take a few weeks) to my calls for minor defects. Now I paiseh liao though still under warranty.. wait until got major ones (hopefully never) then say.. Haha!

Of cos of cos! Mus always treat all wif respect. I'm one who believe 以礼待人, 以德服众.. Although I may nag my ID n grumble to him, at the end of the day still bro 来 bro 去! Haha! :lol: In fact a few months after handover he was still responding (though may take a few weeks) to my calls for minor defects. Now I paiseh liao though still under warranty.. wait until got major ones (hopefully never) then say.. Haha!

I saw someone post in the forum saying that don't be too good to your ID or treat him as friend. Wondering why? Btw do you have T-blog for me to see.. Anythings for me to learn. :)

I saw someone post in the forum saying that don't be too good to your ID or treat him as friend. Wondering why? Btw do you have T-blog for me to see.. Anythings for me to learn. :)

Errr... paiseh... no hv t-blog... too lazy to do one :P