Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
NSW

Resale 4Ng @ Bedok North

wah nice! ur dining room can host party lol!

but storeroom big enough for a study??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

wah nice! ur dining room can host party lol!

but storeroom big enough for a study??

he got expand the original storerm space a bit for the planned study.. overall, a lot of hacking & re-configuring.. this is no way for our petite 3-rm lor.. sob sob! :(

oh....never see the edited part in details.. paiseh

actually i also tot of extending my storeroom to use as study before(reduce length and extend the width), wanted a longish study room :P

but cost of doing it and the need for an aircon there make me abandon the idea

Edited by edd

oh....never see the edited part in details.. paiseh

actually i also tot of extending my storeroom to use as study before(reduce length and extend the width), wanted a longish study room :P

but cost of doing it and the need for an aircon there make me abandon the idea

edd, our storerm smacked right in-between the living hall & kitchen! i dun quite like it. u've hacked it away for gd; i've hacked it but re-erected it (as i still prefer one to keep all the bulky & unsightly stuff) into the originally big kitchen to make space for a bigger living rm.. haha! :lol:

@ NSW paiseh! hijack a bit of ur blog space :P

My wife and I have finalised on our design after hearing inputs from MANY people:

restructure.png

There is quite a fair bit of restructuring and a gamble we wish to take with the application of permit to HDB.

We want to extend the MBR bathroom space, relocate the store room to be parked as part of our huge kitchen, have a nice rectangular living/dining area and still have glass panels for the open concept:

finalpfe.png

And no visualization is complete without the 3D factor:

view01.png

view02.png

For the next post I should remember to take photos of the existing place when the chosen ID/contractor heads down for a site visit!

Hi NSW,

I m very impressed with ur 2D n 3D drawings. Great idea to relocate the MBR.....provided u consider not having the need to have addition room in future. Not quite possible for open kichen concept.

Hi NSW,

I m very impressed with ur 2D n 3D drawings. Great idea to relocate the MBR.....provided u consider not having the need to have addition room in future. Not quite possible for open kichen concept.

Oh ya! as potatoes has pointed out, there'll b no other bedrm except the MBR wor. but most importantly is to suit ur lifestyle & in years to come lo.. anyway, nothing cast in stones yet, still can review until right ya! :)

Hi all,

No worries on hi-jacking, that's the point about blogging/forum-ing after all, all exchanges (unless malicious) welcomed...

Our main concern is the extension of the MBR toilet; already one of my shortlisted contractors say "no go" flat-down deny..

We are intending to keep the TV room reno simple so that it can be converted into a bedroom+attached study if/when the time comes... hence no fancy-dandy feature wall with console and wires all hidden .. just simple wall-mounted stuff.

In that way, the extra large dining room can still easily fit a TV area plus the dining table flushed against the wall behind the wardrobe...

Hi all,

No worries on hi-jacking, that's the point about blogging/forum-ing after all, all exchanges (unless malicious) welcomed...

Our main concern is the extension of the MBR toilet; already one of my shortlisted contractors say "no go" flat-down deny..

We are intending to keep the TV room reno simple so that it can be converted into a bedroom+attached study if/when the time comes... hence no fancy-dandy feature wall with console and wires all hidden .. just simple wall-mounted stuff.

In that way, the extra large dining room can still easily fit a TV area plus the dining table flushed against the wall behind the wardrobe...

Yeah!! :)

One contractor nia. Wait for the rest to come back first ba. Sometimes, IDs/contractors may lead u to an easier or cheaper route (for their own convenience - some IDs/contractors simply dun wan to waste time checking with HDB for u) which may not be wat u want.. Good luck lo!

Looks like u hv all well thought-out liao! Well done dude! :good:

Edited by jus4fun

After the first contractor sparked some concerns over the MBR-toilet extension, I went ahead with a more thorough search and would like to bookmark the following two links:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/22016-my-home-in-the-east/page-2

https://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/HomeRenoGuidelinesBuilding?OpenDocument

* Maximum width and area of extension must not be more than 600 mm and 0.6 m2 respectively, and must be used only as a "dry area", e.g. for installation of wash basin or shelves.

After the first contractor sparked some concerns over the MBR-toilet extension, I went ahead with a more thorough search and would like to bookmark the following two links:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/22016-my-home-in-the-east/page-2

https://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/HomeRenoGuidelinesBuilding?OpenDocument

* Maximum width and area of extension must not be more than 600 mm and 0.6 m2 respectively, and must be used only as a "dry area", e.g. for installation of wash basin or shelves.

Yup! That's what i came across in some t-blogs.. do up the wash basin in the bedrm outside of the bathrm. So it's do-able; jus need to modify ur plan a little. As for the design, 就要看 ur ID's 功力 to commensurate with ur overall design..

ok positively scared now. . whats this talk about prefab units cannot hack? ?

Oh, if u look at ur floorplan, those think black lines represents walls or beams that cannot be hacked.. :no:

For example, if u look at makanology's floorplan (http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/58479-loft-iklektic/) all r black thick lines lor.. so she can’t knock down anything let alone the whole storeroom, which she wanted very much to… :(

I look at urs no prob lah! put heart! :lol:

Edited by jus4fun

• Like 1

wow thanks really thanks...

know that the thick black lines cannot hack. .. but I wasnt aware of the presence of units with all black lines! !

heng ah...

wow thanks really thanks...

know that the thick black lines cannot hack. .. but I wasnt aware of the presence of units with all black lines! !

heng ah...

Ya me neither.. until I came across MK's t-blog! U said it liao, this t-blog forum is really a treasure cove ya!! :D