Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
NSW

Resale 4Ng @ Bedok North

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Photos of the existing unit

It is a 4 New Gen unit, one which is what we term as door-to-door. 1 lift landing serves 2 units per floor. Very good for privacy indeed.

safemattress.jpg
The ceiling is adorned with some intricate cornices. these will have to go.
Kitchen
kitchenf.jpg
The kitchen is huge! Will be shortening the length spanned by the kitchen. Kitchen has ugly drainage pipes too.
Bathrooms
toiletk.jpg
Puny puny bathrooms. Even the MBR ones.
MBR
camerazoom2013052711491.jpg
The search for ID has been draining as we frantically seek out the best quality/price ratio...

Wah ur kitchen is soooooo huge!! Ya, make lot's of sense to down-size it to make space for ur re-configuration plan! Envy! :)

Edited by jus4fun

Narrowed down the final 3 choices to:

ZL Construction. The boss provided great ideas but was slightly deterred by the company's need to charge GST. We felt very bad having stole ideas and not engaging them in the end....

9 creations. To be honest, they were very upfront with very competitive quotations and very good design intuitions. We would have gone with them as they have done much for us...

Atelier Concept. Due to some other reasons they were able to offer us an unbeatable quality/price ratio. Signed with them alongside a RHB Bank loan..

My personal take for my friends at the same stage of adult life would be to at least approach the above 3 for quotations... Permitted to start reno on 11 June!

Narrowed down the final 3 choices to:

ZL Construction. The boss provided great ideas but was slightly deterred by the company's need to charge GST. We felt very bad having stole ideas and not engaging them in the end....

9 creations. To be honest, they were very upfront with very competitive quotations and very good design intuitions. We would have gone with them as they have done much for us...

Atelier Concept. Due to some other reasons they were able to offer us an unbeatable quality/price ratio. Signed with them alongside a RHB Bank loan..

My personal take for my friends at the same stage of adult life would be to at least approach the above 3 for quotations... Permitted to start reno on 11 June!

That's only 1 week more to go!! Can't wait to start the great transformation rite away rite!!? :sport-smiley-004:

By the way, wat did the IDs say abt ur mass hacking & re-config? But only when the appointed ID submits the hacking permit application to HDB then will know rite? Or did HDB approve liao together with the reno permit?

hm.. it seems that there is a chance that my contractor might have mistaken the reno permit for hacking permit... the reason being the status at the hdb page still says pending approval for hacking and MBR toilet ..

hm.. it seems that there is a chance that my contractor might have mistaken the reno permit for hacking permit... the reason being the status at the hdb page still says pending approval for hacking and MBR toilet ..

Ya, reno permit & wall hacking permit different. For example, I got my reno permit - which allows the floor & wall tiles hacking - rather quickly but the permit for the hacking & re-erection of the storeroom took weeks until I complained to HDB. This delay had caused me weeks of delay to the overall reno!! :angry2:

We are quite lucky in that despite the need for engaging a PE, our hacking can still proceed as per originally planned; the permit was updated in the nick of time. All that is left pending for approval is the extension of of the MBR bathroom...

Meanwhile. let the hacking begin!!

camerazoom2013061111275.jpg

Also, fast and furious we were, tiles have been selected! img20130611wa0012.jpg

fun tidbit: as the only listed company, hafary allows your contractors to refund whole packets of tiles which might have been ordered extra and packaging not opened yet...

today marks the last day for hacking. i could only drop by at night but it proved to be not the wisest of choice as there were no lights available. So all I had was the mobile phone flash light and left with very noisy images:

20130613204034.jpg
down with the walls! up with the sand and barrows and cement and hollow bricks...
20130613204207.jpg
the tiles were ready to be deployed, and the MBR toilet lookis spacious without the WC unit and the sink heh...

The 3D renders after tile selection/laminate selection/paint selection is done! I am pretty sure the software person has taken some liberties but overall we are quite pleased with what we can see from here...

wk2.png
9fv.png

hlms.png
The living room. I am totally not regretting knocking down the walls, looks really spacious! also, the MBR area looks very private. likesx2. However, the deeper recessed area near the kitchen has all sorts of support beam running around the ceiling. Initially we toyed with the idea of dropping a false ceiling all the way until we saw this idea:
kbo2.jpg
yes yes? a cheap(er) way would be to make the beams out of partition boards and applying wood-style laminate over .. can mount the downlights on the beams too hehe
2kn.png
the standard "my tiles are soaking" picture. instead of pieces of paper, my tiler cut up the binding strips the tiles are packaged with. does that mean my grout lines are thicker? unsure but not irking me for now. also, the recess area due to the relocation of the storeroom ...
we wanted the same style of tiles for the tv room / mbr / wardrobe but of different shades. however, the wardrobe area's dark brown tiles are out of stock! hoping hafary stocks up soon; if not might have to visit SBH/LSH etc...
az5i.png
while the 3D render of the mbr toilet makes it look so nice and long, the actual extension isnt much only. oh well bo bian...

Hi we did wooden ceiling boards with partition board but they were painted over instead of lamination.

8912472497_ce789042b9_n.jpg

Living Room (before the invasion of furniture) by Makanology, on Flickr

If your recessed area is big enough to accommodate the wooden beams to run all the way to the floor like your picture, it will look awesome!