Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
NSW

Resale 4Ng @ Bedok North

this evening i went over for yet another check and i was greeted with a "brand new" front door!

s60x.png
quite a few of the IDs i previously discussed with, recommended simply changing the whole door to a PE veneer one. I am guessing it is much less work for them to replace rather than recondition. However, the existing door was a fire-rated solid door; it'd be a terrible waste to simply replace it.
It is now looking spiffy with the new laminate heh. The doorstopper behind is a good touch from the door prematurely destroying the shoe cabinet but the current estimate is a bit too conversative...
aose.png
the mounted downlights from taobao are really working very well. i haven't bought the track for the track lights so that will have a while more...
i then walked into the kitchen and HEY my hob is up!
jsno.png
further inspection reveals that the toilet bowls and mixers were more or less in place! I popped over to the MBR toilet side and voila! rainshower! haha... and it flows!

hey NSW you toilet wall tiles are my table tiles :)

very nice, looking forward to your completed home.

and **** the haikus are sleek and handsome.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

rain shower pic in post done on 31st july :). works lo. my wife and I never had the luxury of a super high pressure rain shower so we are happy with how it seems thus far heh

Hi saw that you have the dua leng kong MK800 from Fujioh - how was the performance of the hood so far? Any feedback?

Edit - sorry realised you have not moved in yet.

Edited by ucypmas

hey NSW you toilet wall tiles are my table tiles :)

very nice, looking forward to your completed home.

and **** the haikus are sleek and handsome.

thanks thanks!

haha i was half-wondering if you contemplated the roundish tables with the chinese-chess or checkers layout before...

more updates... and we can definitely smell completion coming...

mbs6.png
As we near the date for the plumber's final visit, i quickly trotted down to sim siang choon to grab all the necessary stuff. went for no frills mirror and no frills drainer and no frills towel racks... and hoping chrome stuff lasts. somehow i have a natural adversion towards the chrome stuff but seriously the choices for stainless steel stuff were really very limited...
oun.png
heading back, the kitchen had a nice sparkle to it. YESH the quartz surface is in place and its really pretty!! haha .. cant wait for the FSM to advice on the time to set the hobs in.
80nh.png
meanwhile, the wardrobe area is now fully fitted with the track lights! the spot lights (once again bought from taobao) were working very well indeed! ALSO quartz counter top for the MBR vanity hehehhe ...
cmc8.png
back outside, the carpentry for the study corner is now complete. i kinda like how the tube light casts that very triangular shadow against the floor/wall ...
aphx.png
zooming out, the glass sliding doors are in place and all the LED downlights have been wired up! we are liking the look of it more and more; after all, its our own design heh..
u1lv.png
lastly, this is how 300 hangers look like in our wardrobe! hoping to have enough for a long time to come!

rectifications and last minute changes have been arising and our completion date now seems like a floating deadline rather than some fixed occasion we can look forward to.

nevertheless some chunks of reno are still coming in to keep us happy, for eg the wall paper! now our beams really look like wooden beams haha

wca7.png
Our dining table and bench from Comfort furniture also arrived. today was also the day we finish unpacking all of our taobao purchases, namely the coffee table (the glass surface is 22mm... ******* heavy if i may add) and the 3 chairs! looking good heh...
vy02.png
Edited by NSW

Hi, don't mind may I know the separate cost of your study room?

hi its hard to tell you the "separate cost" of the study as it contains elements from different works (hacking, wall erecting, tiling, painting, carpentry, electrical works)

Edited by NSW

Love the look of the glass doors!

haha so do we!

yay for taobao purchases! I noticed the noguchi coffee table heh

yea the table is iconic right! just amazed that the glass top survived the shipping process!

today my old iron wrought gate was removed .. and replaced with another that is slightly less ornate, more clean cut and more black to suit our black window frames and black glass sliding door border and black haiku fan!

yajf.png

During the installation, one of the 2 installers snooped around and remarked that their company is 10 years behind the current set of windows i have installed in terms of quality. When requesting for my signature the other remarked that the price i paid for the iron wrought was really low and if i knew the company's boss directly o.O" .. since I don't I wonder if they say this to every house owner just to make them feel happy :dunno:

The panasonic TV-mounting was also done today!

1ywp.png

Here is the sad thing:

USB read and playback of media: OK

CNA / Okto / Vasantham Reception: OK

Channel 8 / Channel 5 / Starhub Preview Channel: Reception KNS!

vx25.png

ANYone know the reason why? I assume if CNA is clear means the wiring cannot be wrongly done but the 'main' tv channels are really bad urghs .. :jawdrop:

60r4.png

Today my headboard was also delivered. And I cant resist posting pictures of my toilets hahaha...

The sink with the two taps is very cute. Reminds me of two peeing boys/angels at water fountain!

May I find out what is the dimension of your dining table? I'm hoping to get away with 1.2m length but worried it feels cramped

Edited by greglhc