Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
NSW

Resale 4Ng @ Bedok North

yea, that is the problem of resale flat, my ceiling and walls are uneven as well

haha yeaaaa... for this saga my contractor can only round up with "omg your unit no QC one .. no levelling!"

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

it has been 1 month+1week since the renovation started on the 11th june and the flat is starting to "come together". changes are happening on a daily basis and it is rather exciting to witness the transformations.

so on tuesday 16 july, we made another trip to the contractors' office to submit the next 40+% of the payment and to also make some further colour/design choices:

5ufh.png
We decided to switch out our louvered PD door for the store. but initially the rest of the choices weren't straight forward at first; we were spoilt for choice. In the end, we decided to "keep things simple" and went with all G004 type of PD for all other doors. Similarly, we choose a single large panel for our wardrobe sliding door with single piece of opaque white glass.We also selected a matching paint colour (Congo) for the door frame, but two of the staff members at the company actually recommended against choosing a matching a door frame colour, suggesting that the door frame should be slightly different ( top/bottom of congo).
Does anyone have any inkling for the door frame colour choice??
---------------------------
after weighing the options for the false beam, we decided to go with wood-style wallpapers!
1) laminates will have visible edges
2) glue used with laminates does not adhere well to partition board surface
3) glue used with laminates will turn powdery at places of localised heating, which is bad for us since we are going to install lights on the false beams.
hence we went with the darkest of the wood wallpaper seen there. Hope it turns out fine!

For me as a kid, I think Carrier did a very good job with their marketing efforts, because i still vividly recall their jingle, "The Carrier man can..."

but indeed, its AIRCON time!

so early early in the morning i received a message from my contractor requiring me to confirm the trunking layout. ideally it should be as "invisible" as possible and as short as possible to prevent heat-gain by the refrigerant.

since the to-be-aircon-ed areas in my flat line up linearly, it was quite a straightforward decision, on the condition that the cooling unit AND trunking can fit onto the limited height of the support beam

s8ev.jpg
(usefulness of the samsung Note 2: hehehe a 15 sec work which paints a better picture than any wall of text)
thereafter i went down for a while to find a pile of insulation lying on the ground:
ya95.png
(not sure if it is the thicker type ...)
when we bought the resale flat, the previous owner was reassuring us the aircon units were very new, just about 1 year and infrequently used. a quick check with those who re-commissioned the A/C units verified those claims, that they were still fine and well! kudoz to the previous owner.also, there was sufficient height from the support beam to mount the units as well as have the bottom of the trunkings flush with the wall! nice touch.
8cxi.png
now we are just unsure if we should spend extra money to box up the trunking area so that dust has no change of collecting on the trunking...
gw17.png
somewhen in all the works, one of the AC guys just JUMPED OUT OF THE WINDOW WTH. ok he didn't fall per se; but it is still quite freaky to think that all the safety he had was just a caribina at the window hinge. the final finish after all the testing was very well done indeed, and thankfully no surprises at the MBR toilet for the condensation piping...
with that; AIRCON DONE! #happyonly

paint job was done too!

i love the feeling of white pristine walls with the colour splashes and so does my wife!

i will just let the photos do the talking...

hmkp.png

Would anyone know where to get similar wall lamps as this?

6qrn.png
the philips ledino is very nice ... the price .. also very nice...

The funky paint colors are very cool! Daring of you!

heh thank you, my wife is better with colours than i will ever be

waiting for your lighting updates mishmish! :good:

Haha electrician is at my house now.. fixing up the lights.. but he said the track lights we bought are dented.. so need to get it exchanged.. zzz..

hereby introducing perhaps the most extravagant purchase of the whole unit...

g12j.png
introducing not 1, but 2 haiku fans!
2fd0.png
One for the main room, and the other for the MBR, spaces where there are other sources of light. Unfortunately, the LED versions are not yet available, if not i would have saved on a few extra lighting points in the mbr...
f0l.png
they look so sleek. and given how my white tiles are glossy VS the black matt finishing, it makes it seem that i have photoshopped the inclusion of the black fan in the above photograph!
Edited by NSW

paint job was done too!

i love the feeling of white pristine walls with the colour splashes and so does my wife!

i will just let the photos do the talking...

hmkp.png

Wow!!!! Nice splash of colors....

wow your fan is so cool, especially the black one, so sleek and nice :good:

Wow!!!! Nice splash of colors....

thanks thanks~

Today I brought my wife to the TradeHub21 Philips/lighting.com.sg store. I personally have ventured into the Vertex building branch and left slightly disappointed with the sales attitude of the assistant + the fact that a placed order there will take 3 days to process for collection.

So today I left the final selection to the aesthetically more-attuned wifey. was served by a rather nice uncle named charles. was pleasantly surprised to know that tradehub21 IS the HQ/stock area so it was cash-and-carry immediately.

we picked out the following:

2x 57940%20Wall%20Spot%20Nickel.jpg for our bedside wall-mounted lamps

and 1x 16927%20WALL%20LANTERN%20GREY.jpg for general room illumination, primarily also because there isn't a ceiling lamp due to the haiku fan in the MBR

and lastly 1x EWP300%20DARK%20GREY.jpg for the dresser lamp, also wall-mounted.

our choices are .. interesting ... to say the least as the bottom 2 lamps are both outdoor lamps. however they seem so functional and pretty and simple. it also means that their finishing can be expected to last longer than the typical indoor lamps? hehe we shall see!

The unit was cleaned over the weekend and it's kinda nice to see it all through lesser layers of dust and debris...

today the fan installations continued with the more pocket-friendly Crestar fans.

Actually i had much difficulty trying to look for comprehensive info about Crestar fans; many shops seemed to push fanco's and regals (i hope i am getting the names correct) but i was impressed upon that Crestar fans were probably the best of the bunch.. so i sucked it up and cabbed to the ulu-ulu industrial area were the Crestar showroom was located at.

Was served by a nice lady named Penny who took all my quick-fire questions in her professional stride.

The front-end office was very accommodating; I emailed over the weekend to request for an earlier installation and was promptly agreed upon.

koa5.jpg
As one can tell, the tiles were still wet from all the mopping...
The installation technician is a very well-mannered Chinese who was very conversant. Singlehandedly he installed both fans in under an hour.
bffz.jpg9tg1.jpg
Keeping my choice of fans to 3-bladers did restrict my available choices somewhat but because the living room is so open, I wouldn't like to see a mixture of 5-bladers with the haiku 3 blades. Was recommended to hence take up the "3D' blade for the bigger room and the matt-finish unit for the study area.
fe6h.jpg

jx3g.jpg

Unlike the SpectraFans installers, the Crestar technician tries his best to capture all the dust from the drilling. Halfway through the deafening sounds I was wonder "eh, where is all the dust? I remember the mayhem from the haiku installations..."

e6dk.jpg

Edited by NSW