Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eddy1564

Our 5-Room Resale...and It's Transformation

Hi all,

My wife and I recently got hold of the keys to our resale 5-room corner unit at Teck Whye Lane. We had perviously just sold our 5-EA at CCK and decided to downgrade. Our main criteria when looking for a home is that the kitchen has to be spacious. Newer HDB homes have kitchens that are just too small. Therefore, we have to look for older HDB models and Teck Whye being an old estate was one of the areas we were targeting.

The process of selling and buying a house is a mixed experience. Am not going to bore everyone here with complains, so let's just say I had quite a bad experience in the selling process, and a very pleasant experience in buying.

I'll be posting the pre-reno photos in the next few posts and hope you all will enjoy my story. I'm praying for this reno journey to be a less bumpy ride compared to the reno of our first home. As 2nd timers, we have learned a few things, some the hard way. And it begins....

Edited by eddy1564

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Various angles of the kitchen. The wall at the kitchen entrance will be hacked down as we are going for an open concept kitchen..

IMG 2646

IMG 2647

IMG 2687

IMG 2684

IMG 2686

Edited by eddy1564

This is the study. We're converting this into a playroom for our 2 year-old son.

IMG 2655

IMG 2658

This will be the guest room for relatives or friends who sleepover etc...

IMG 2661

IMG 2662

IMG 2665

Master bedroom. The previous owner hacked the wall between MBR and common to make the MBR bigger. They MBR was more like a Master Suite.

IMG 2668

IMG 2669

IMG 2670

IMG 2671

IMG 2672

IMG 2674

Edited by eddy1564

Hi

I hv viewed this unit b4. Quite like this unit at that time. But wat stop us fr buying is they hv hacked 1 of the room and combine with mbr. Oso found the room floor was cracked. So we just kiv this unit. Overall not a bad one.

So u going to hack everything n rebuild?

Gd luck in ur reno

Hi

I hv viewed this unit b4. Quite like this unit at that time. But wat stop us fr buying is they hv hacked 1 of the room and combine with mbr. Oso found the room floor was cracked. So we just kiv this unit. Overall not a bad one.

So u going to hack everything n rebuild?

Gd luck in ur reno

Yup they hacked the wall to combine MBR and another common room. I'll be erecting that wall up and using one of the rooms as a WIW. And yes we are hacking everything to do a 100% reno. That's why we didn't mind the cracks in the flooring. I like the location and their unit is unblocked front and back. So maxngck, found a place for yourself yet..?

Yup they hacked the wall to combine MBR and another common room. I'll be erecting that wall up and using one of the rooms as a WIW. And yes we are hacking everything to do a 100% reno. That's why we didn't mind the cracks in the flooring. I like the location and their unit is unblocked front and back. So maxngck, found a place for yourself yet..?

Hi,

Initially we din think of doing full reno. So we are quite worry abt the crack flooring. Hahaa... actually I hv forgotten where is this unit oridi. Viewed quite alot unit.

Yes, I hv gotten a unit at fajar bt panjang. In e end, I m oso doing 100% reno to my new unit :P. My reno has started last 2 wks. Wip now :). When I hv time then I start my t blog.

When did u purchase this unit? Mind telling me how much cov n the price u paid? When r u starting ur reno?

Hi,

Initially we din think of doing full reno. So we are quite worry abt the crack flooring. Hahaa... actually I hv forgotten where is this unit oridi. Viewed quite alot unit.

Yes, I hv gotten a unit at fajar bt panjang. In e end, I m oso doing 100% reno to my new unit :P. My reno has started last 2 wks. Wip now :). When I hv time then I start my t blog.

When did u purchase this unit? Mind telling me how much cov n the price u paid? When r u starting ur reno?

Completion for this unit was last Tuesday, 16/07. Got it at $480k, $50k COV. Still waiting for permit approval, once approved work gonna start already as everything has been sorted. You got a 5-bdrm as well?