Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zihui

Mission Impossible

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ha Ha yah I got a pub near my house,

HAHAHAHAHA

i think it's impossible to open a pub already

On sunday, JT and his crew were completing the tiling on the 1st floor and the foyer because they have to start on the timber flooring for the 2nd floor by today. Then he received a call from HDB (or whoever the relevant government body is) asking him why he's working on a Sunday and creating a disturbance. According to the person on the phone, they received a 'complaint from one of the neighbours'.... ..... :curse:

Can you imagine the outrage in the quiet neighbourhood if I really open a pub? hahhahhhaha

If I hav extra space in my place, I would definitely get the arcade! :P

So, have the arcade been ordered?

If ordering see if can get the mahjong game as well. :good:

Looks like many support you to get the arcade.. Pls dun disappoint us..

The HTB and I had a long talk over the weekend regarding the entertainment room.

We have decided to compromise - we will be getting the arcade machine. But we will skip the KTV system purchase. Based on our current budget, we will only probably be able to get the most basic entry system for the KTV system. With no soundproofing and proper AV equipment, it won't be as fun. So if we feel like singing, we can always go out to the ktv pubs that we frequent all the time now anyway.

Therefore... we are heading down to physically check out the arcade machines and to place our order this evening after work!

Your hubby will be the envy of his buddies, who will think you are such a fabulous wife! Clap, clap!

HAHAHHAHA I 100% AGREE WITH YOU! hahahahhahahhaa

but the truth is..... he didn't really give me a choice. 8|

HAHAHHAHA I 100% AGREE WITH YOU! hahahahhahahhaa

but the truth is..... he didn't really give me a choice. 8|

Nevermind lah... Now you have upperhand.. Next time if you want to buy more shoes or hello kitty, he can't say no..hahaha.. He is held 'hostage' now...

Nevermind lah... Now you have upperhand.. Next time if you want to buy more shoes or hello kitty, he can't say no..hahaha.. He is held 'hostage' now...

That's a very good way of looking at it!

Now I'm going out to buy my hello kitty sandwich maker and there's NOTHING he can do about it! If he dares to whine, I'll just point at that ugly arcade machine.

Haha Zihui

Forget about the Hello Kitty sandwhich maker, tell your HTB you want to go Paris instead of Africa for the delayed honeymoon :)

He probaboy choose Africa so that he can set aside a smaller budget for your shopping haha

Haha Zihui

Forget about the Hello Kitty sandwhich maker, tell your HTB you want to go Paris instead of Africa for the delayed honeymoon :)

He probaboy choose Africa so that he can set aside a smaller budget for your shopping haha

hahahahahhaha

This is what I call win-win: Either I get to go to Paris or he decides not to get the machine!

But this is a risky strategic move - if I play my cards wrongly, he might just decide to drop the arcade machine and use it as a bargaining tool to never bring me to Paris... *sad*

Sad no more pub. How was the progress of your reno show more pic.

hahahahaha it's ok, i'm sure the other neighbours are glad that there's minimal noise pollution.

I went down to the place last Sunday with my parents to show them the progress but because there was a lot going on at the same time, I didn't have the chance to take photos.

The overlay of the timber flooring on the 2nd floor will begin today. All the doors have been removed and the new doors will be put in place today.

If JT sends me any photos, I'll be sure to post them up. Or else, I'll be heading down to the unit tomorrow and will take photos of the update.

On an unrelated note, JT is a happy man because on my level alone, THREE other units' owners (my future neighbours) have come to view the progress of the renovations, admired his handiwork and taken his namecard because they want to do some renovation works to their own houses. JT has told them that the estimated date of completion of my place is the 27th of Oct so he'll be able to check out their units only after then. He even joked about opening a small showroom at the void deck of my block as it seems to be lucky for his business. :good:

This morning, the HTB was extremely excited - more than he normally is. Using his handphone, he showed me a forum thread over at Hardwarezone where this guy bought an entire arcade machine from Taobao.

The link is here -

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/my-humble-hoot-taobao-4413146.html

Apparently, that guy paid around $500+ to $600 for the machine (which includes shipping to Singapore) and this being China, naturally, has been modified so that there are all the old classic arcade games in the machine. According to the thread, there's Puzzle Bubble, King of Fighters, Marvel vs Capcom, 3 Kingdoms, Street Fighter etc etc etc. So needless to say, now HE wants to buy one too. *facepalm* Keeps exclaiming that this game reminds him of the time he used to skip school to head over to the arcades and how he's unbeaten at the Virtua Striker game over at Orchard Emerald (now no longer there, so to him, somehow this is a sign that his unbeaten record there will never be broken)

Here's some photos of the size of the thing -

sk3w.jpg

4cpr.jpg

p9wl.jpg

93x6.jpg

I asked him nicely where he intends to place it. He says the Entertainment Room. I remind him that there's no space there anymore. Then he says the Living Room. I remind him once again that it totally clashes with the entire decor there. Next he says, "The Walk-in Wardrobe". I remind him that I refuse to get changed in an arcade. The last thing he said to me before he dropped me off on the way to his office was, "I don't care, I'm going to buy this. I can put this outside the house and charge all the neighbours' kids money to play. Banglas also can come to play."

Seriously... I'm running out of face for me to palm. :help:

Whao, seriously. I feel like wanting also. very big sia...