Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lilyden

Our Move To Toa Payoh - Where Old, Becomes "sort Of" New

haha...that old school gate grille is very in demand coz you can't find it anywhere except from old HDB units or fabricate it by metal contractor...i was thinking of using that door as divider..:D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just a suggestion to put grill in ur guest room! Its indeed 'scary' coz ur bed is more or leas same level as the window..

But overall ur reno looks great! TPY is a great location! Lorong 1 is so near to MRT and amenities!

That was the suggestion by many who saw as well. So... my mom bought a window stopper. I.e. the last panel is permanently fixed unless we remove that device. It's so small and unnoticeable.

Hi Lilyden, your layout is exactly the same as our new home, a HDB 3I and I noticed that you have an AC in your utility room. I bought a Mitsubishi System 2 from Gain City (1 for the living room and the other for master bedroom) as they told me utility room cannot install AC unit, is this true?

My ID said it can be done, so said the HDB techinical officer he contacted, However, Gain City insisted it is a no-go, I'm like totally confused :dunno:

Hi Lilyden, your layout is exactly the same as our new home, a HDB 3I and I noticed that you have an AC in your utility room. I bought a Mitsubishi System 2 from Gain City (1 for the living room and the other for master bedroom) as they told me utility room cannot install AC unit, is this true?

My ID said it can be done, so said the HDB techinical officer he contacted, However, Gain City insisted it is a no-go, I'm like totally confused :dunno:

PM-ed

haha...that old school gate grille is very in demand coz you can't find it anywhere except from old HDB units or fabricate it by metal contractor...i was thinking of using that door as divider.. :D

arghhhhhhhh missed that gate! hahaha do you know where they disposed it? haha kidding...i would have love to have those in my place :)

arghhhhhhhh missed that gate! hahaha do you know where they disposed it? haha kidding...i would have love to have those in my place :)

I'll keep a look out if any of my neighbours are moving! It's a real old neighbourhood after all

hi oldskool

this place might have:

http://singapore.craigslist.com.sg/fuo/3973032793.html

I saw a lot of old doors, window grills on their FB page.

you can try asking your contractors to keep an lookout for you. I got an old aluminum toilet door for my old place through the guy who serviced my aircon. He moonlights on his day off and I got him to do small jobs like painting, install lightings, blinds and shortened the legs of the daybed (to make it preggie woman friendly after seeing my pregnant sister in law and friend 's legs dangling in the air while sitted lol)

Edited by sarah833

And the blinds too!

IMG_2762_zpsfe291121.jpg

We're pretty much done and left with touch-ups..... what a ride!

Hi

Do u mind sharing the contact for the roller blind n pm me the cost? I m currently looking to do up roller blind for my house.

Thanks

Hi

Do u mind sharing the contact for the roller blind n pm me the cost? I m currently looking to do up roller blind for my house.

Thanks

Hi Maxngck, it was covered by our designer. We don't really have the time to source it ourselves.

hi fellow TPY-ers..from the window pic ur staying at block 126 :)..the market has plentiful of nice eats and have you tried Creamier ice cream located at the other corner of block 128 facing the playground?Creammi-licious wallet friendly upscale ice cream.Btw dont buy the prata from the indian stall @ block 128 its appetite suppressant prata :) The nasi padang stall @ block 125 is delicious but price is quite x if you overload on the nice stuffs.Its been there for ages since i was in primary school.

Edited by Freakerz

I'm also on the lookout for contractor/ID, can you send me your designtractor contact?

I love your ceiling fans... Where did u buy that from and how much?

Thanks!