Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ProjectH

Happy Couple Decorates: A House, Not Yet A Home

I agree with Vanessa and the rest. U have already decided to go with Alan so no point worrying abt the negative feedback. I believe that every contractor or ID have their gd and bad points. Just be more cautious and try to be at the site more often if u can? And ENJOY your reno journey! All the best! :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Apologies if I may have scared u too much... this reno has taken quite a toll on our lives.. really unexpected that we have to spend so much time on the house even though we had engaged a main-con... and to stay in a unfinished and totally neglected half-renovated house really stresses us out... still trying very hard to hang on to it....

Hope things are better for you :good: Cheers!

ps. must confirm everything via SMS.

Edited by simplehuman

Apologies if I may have scared u too much... this reno has taken quite a toll on our lives.. really unexpected that we have to spend so much time on the house even though we had engaged a main-con... and to stay in a unfinished and totally neglected half-renovated house really stresses us out... still trying very hard to hang on to it....

Hope things are better for you :good: Cheers!

ps. must confirm everything via SMS.

No worries simplehuman. Can understand u need a platform to vent yr frustrations. Appreciate ur advice! Have ur rectifications done? U r the client and certainly has right to demand more especially when one is not paying a small amount to reno a house. Hugz!

Hey... stay positive...think of it this way...with all the helpful forumers..there is a support system! The ones that have used alan can share what you need to look out for....if there is a hiccup...heaps of forumers to assist with the problem solving and bouncing of ideas... :)

Yup, have learnt so much from fellow forumers here. Hopefully others can learnt from my experience :)

I agree with Vanessa and the rest. U have already decided to go with Alan so no point worrying abt the negative feedback. I believe that every contractor or ID have their gd and bad points. Just be more cautious and try to be at the site more often if u can? And ENJOY your reno journey! All the best! :)

Thanks redder!

Don't worry Vi! I'm sure you can do it. Just take the advice of those who have contracted the services of Alan previously, be more hands on and deal directly with his subcons in order to minimize errors. Like you said, slowly but surely, you're going to build a home!

By the way, remember to post more photos of the reno process hor.

Thanks zihui! Our reno starts ard the same time! Wheee! U enjoy the journey too!

Hi,

Wow... That is really overwhelming. I almost wanted Alan too because of the attractive quote he quoted but in the end, I went with my current ID because he seems very busy during our first meetup.

Don't worry, everything will be great 🌟 1 x power up star for you 😀...

Hi Project H,

I wonder if Alan been reading the blog or been told of the negative reviews about him when I read meeko's blog! She seemed to have a relatively smooth reno journey and very pleased with Alan and his team of sub cons. Stay positive and be more hands on and shout on your blog if you need advise!

If you get the same negative feedback from Alan's clients about the workmanship of a particular sub con, perhaps you can minimise the risk by using a different sub con?

Don't worry Vi! I'm sure you can do it. Just take the advice of those who have contracted the services of Alan previously, be more hands on and deal directly with his subcons in order to minimize errors. Like you said, slowly but surely, you're going to build a home!

By the way, remember to post more photos of the reno process hor.

Hey... stay positive...think of it this way...with all the helpful forumers..there is a support system! The ones that have used alan can share what you need to look out for....if there is a hiccup...heaps of forumers to assist with the problem solving and bouncing of ideas... :)

Edited by sarah833

Hi,

Wow... That is really overwhelming. I almost wanted Alan too because of the attractive quote he quoted but in the end, I went with my current ID because he seems very busy during our first meetup.

Don't worry, everything will be great 1 x power up star for you ...

awww .. thats so sweet of u .. thanks for the power up star!

Hi Project H,

I wonder if Alan been reading the blog or been told of the negative reviews about him when I read meeko's blog! She seemed to have a relatively smooth reno journey and very pleased with Alan and his team of sub cons. Stay positive and be more hands on and shout on your blog if you need advise!

If you get the same negative feedback from Alan's clients about the workmanship of a particular sub con, perhaps you can minimise the risk by using a different sub con?

Thanks Sarah! I have ask for meeko's subcon so hopefully all will be gd.

Have a great weekend!

With a busy week, we only went back to inspect the progress last Sunday. We also arranged a meeting with Alan to discuss the schedule. Arrived earlier and were pleased to see that our chosen tiling has been laid and looking fabulous just as we imagine. It is just pending grouting. There were some rectifications that needs to be done but Alan said no issue. We were given homework to get our sanitary ware, lights and select our paint colour and laminates for our carpentry. Likely to meet up with the carpenter next Sunday.

If you are looking for non-branded sanitary, can try checking up Royal Fanco @ Jalan Besar. Their prices are competitive and owners are friendly. Besides sanitary stuff, I also bought Fujioh hood and hob (Fujioh FX900 and FG3793 SVGL) from them.

Tiling done. Electrical wiring to start today. Toilet bowls will be installed tmr. 3rd week and 5 more weeks to go. And then it will be keep-calm-and-ignore-the-renovations.png