Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ProjectH

Happy Couple Decorates: A House, Not Yet A Home

@arshavin, salesperson said bosch is the best.. Didnt even bother explaining other brands.. Mayb will go anor outlet and get the salesperson to explain more re other brands.. R u using eletrolux?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Having hear so much abt fujioh, i plan to get the popular FX900 but the salesman at Hoe kee said it is a old model and mic but FX 890 is made in Japan and newer model of 2 yrs and btr suction.. Any advice ? The diff btw 2 models is just 50 bucks..

Thanks for sharing sia huat sales! It has been saled by some members thatz y i didn't bother to share again~ pocket is gg to burn a hole this wkend ><

For those who need movers, my friend just moved hse recently and highly recommend oh mighty movers. http://www.ohmightymovers.com.sg/

My friend did compare the quotations so the quote should be reasonable. I liked the idea they provide racks for the clothes and not need to put the clothes in boxes. Or maybe other companies provide this service as well?

Edited by ProjectH

Congrats on finally getting your keys! Your place does look like it's a pity to hack

Thanks June for the welcome!

But we no liked Zen theme. We did consider keeping the platform but felt that we shouldn't keep something that does not fit the theme just because its sayang to throw away. Contractor told us those beams probably cost the ex-owners $200 EACH and there are 6 beams. But all hack away today..

We were on a tight budget and our design fairly simple, decided to engaged a contractor.

Our chosen contractor is Alan. We got his contact from Renotalk and his quotation is fairly reasonable and comprehensive.

I do need to add that a few weeks before we confirm him, there were some bad reviews about him which caused me ALOT of panic. Hub does not read renotalk and I was the one doing the research and should **** hits the fan, it will be on :fire: me.

I quickly contacted some members for their contractors and arranged for a meet-up and quote. Given the tight deadline, I check up another 4 more. There were two strong contenders. One was young, talented and good in diy and design but his charges are on the high side and our budget does not cover quite a few items. He suggested we do our renovation in stages to spread the cost and suggested some changes to our design to lower the cost. We were very tempted because we can feel his enthusiasm but in the end we drop him because we do not want to compromise our design. Another used to be famous in Renotalk for the last two years but in his own words, rather slacked this year. His quotation was initially higher but he was probably low on jobs and cut his quotation to make it cheaper than Alan to entice us to sign. But hub does not like the way he talk (based merely on gut feeling) and worried he will probably give us the cheaper subcon to 'cover' the discount. He was clearly disappointed when we drop him and even asked to view our flat after the renovation to 'advice' us on our workmanship (Likely to check out his competitor work). Geez.

I would liked to thank the advice of previous clients of Alan who advised me on the bad and good (Retchlow, Makanology, Jaykr & Meeko. Really appreciate all the advice. But budget is tight and given the simplicity of our design, hopefully it will be smooth sailing.

We sign up with Alan on 24th August and thanks to the latest member meeko write-up about Alan, we are now more confident.

Will write a honest review during renovation and hopefully our faith in him will pay off.

Thanks retchlow for the welcome! And thanks for ur advice re Alan.. :) Think we really choose him in gd faith.. Didn't even view any of his clients' works.. Lol.. Merely view pix on renotalk

Vi, finally saw your t-blog .. congratulate ! your house looked big ~ looking foward to see your Cha Pa Lang house :P I think I will like it, based on your description :)
You hv artist taste too ~ like those scrapbook stuffs u have made, and your "button bouquet" ~

Kenji, no wor, ur house is bigger than mine~ i love how u n qiuyi design urs! I wld buy ur flat if u wanna sell! Ur house is love at first sight for me n seb! V cozy and warmth and can feel lots of love and effort put in to create that!

Hi Vi!

All the best to your reno journey :yamseng:

We too signed with Alan last weekend :deal: . In fact, we are so laid back that we spent almost 2 month to review and revise the quote before signing. Like you, we were also concerned about the recent bad reviews on Alan. But alas, we were too lazy to source for other quotes plus we feel more at ease with Alan, thus we decided to stick with him.

Hi dreamcatcher!

Lets hope our reno will be more smotth!

Where is ur new place at and starting reno soon?Gg to start a t-blog soon? Hee!

I am quite near you... at lakeside.. Ha!

Been lurking in the forum for months.before we got our place in early Jul.. always tell myself that I will start a t-blog, but well, could never get down to doing it... I am just such a slacker !