Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am looking for ID for my resale flat. Do you mind to share the contacts for Mr K And James Tng with me? My email address is teckleng1965@gmail.com. Thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I've recently come in contact with an up and coming Interior Design company. VN DESIGN STUDIO

I met with their Interior Consultant and I was through my impressed by their knowledge and professionalism. Their prices are reasonable but they never take their chances on the quality of their designs....

They may not be as established as the other interior design company but they make for it with their passion and talent. Which is why I chose the support them and give them a try and so far they are continuing to impress me...

Their sites and pages are

www.vndesignstudio.net

www.facebook.com/vndesignstudionet

www.twitter.com/VNDESIGNSTUDIO

Will continue to post on their services as my home goes by..

Some of the contractors' worksmanship from ***** Design are very bad. Their alum gate contractor's workmanship is bad, I tot the gate they install is a 2nd hand gate.!! Lot of nicks, chips and scratch lines. Until now they haven't give me an answer. Their Plaster contractor also very bad. My walls keep cracking and I have not move it yet.

讲是天下无敌,做就无能为力

Some of the contractors' worksmanship from ***** Design are very bad. Their alum gate contractor's workmanship is bad, I tot the gate they install is a 2nd hand gate.!! Lot of nicks, chips and scratch lines. Until now they haven't give me an answer. Their Plaster contractor also very bad. My walls keep cracking and I have not move it yet.

讲是天下无敌,做就无能为力

The contractors are from #Image#Creative#Design

hi guys, i used james tng frm ***** as well. nothing but praises for his works. me n my wife are quite busy with our work so we only check out 2 ids referred by our close friends. one of them is james, the other is a designer w*****m who left summit de**** to set up his own company. we talked to both of them, told them what we want. although w*****m quoted us a lower quote, he used compressed wood rather than plywood in his carpentries. i guess when deciding renovation, it is a quality vs cost, workmanship vs cost and how closely the id follow up on his contractor's work. w******m disappeared after i questioned him on the quality of wood he used. we took up with james. before signing with james, i warned him tt we are very particular on details and workmanship and he should nt take up our job if he do not have the confidence. this man confidentally assured me he will do a gd job n nw i understand y my friend recommend me. throughout the renovation, i believe one should be realistic should nt expect things to be smoothly done for the first time. can ask ard those who done renovation b4, all will tell u this is nt possible. we like james n eva for their self initatives. for example, they saw that the walls painted have particles and paint staining my parquet flooring, they actually ask their painters to come dwn again to redo n rectify before we even notice it. we din even know tt my kitchen table top should be built to caucasian height cos me n my wife are tall till they tell us. these are some of the many advices n initiatives tt they have provided in their services to us which we really appreciated. we wanted 3 focus attractions in our hse with the wow factors, a walk in wardrobe, kitchen with black and metallic finishing and a nice feature wall with practical storage cupboard. james was able to execute them surpassing our expectations and winning the praises frm our hse warming guests. we spent ard $38k in all but felt that it is all worthwhile after compliments from our visitors. for all newbies, just wanna advise the followings: get a gd id who is responsible, will be good if u can see his actual work in person. understand the reality of cost vs quality. cheap is usually suspicious, unless u r really lucky. learn to give n take in ur relationship in id, a gd id will be frank in wat he can offer n do, do things in ur interest but he too need to earn a living too. dun make ridiculos request which u urself know is nt possible. hope my post is useful for newbies out there. feel free to post questions if you have any! happy reno experience for all ! :)

Edited by marc82

Hello there,

My master bedroom is going to be renovated. I'm so excited. Based on drawing, it's simple, yet modern and spacious design.

Cant resist to wait it getting done.

I've visited a few ID company. Luckily, I met one of my friends while she was also visiting this ID. She told me now HDB has new policy which we should sign a form before renovating our house. it's to prevent us engaged a none HDB licence ID. This ID also do the quotation within my budget, so i decided to engage his service. So far, I'm very pleased with their service. Thanks to my friend for recommending and advising me.

Hello there,

My master bedroom is going to be renovated. I'm so excited. Based on drawing, it's simple, yet modern and spacious design.

Cant resist to wait it getting done.

I've visited a few ID company. Luckily, I met one of my friends while she was also visiting this ID. She told me now HDB has new policy which we should sign a form before renovating our house. it's to prevent us engaged a none HDB licence ID. This ID also do the quotation within my budget, so i decided to engage his service. So far, I'm very pleased with their service. Thanks to my friend for recommending and advising me.

Yes, it's new ruling from HDB, i think. I am also still asking more information about it. but you can read from hdb gov info web.

Selecting IDs are not easy i agree....best if you have someone who could recommend one to you (and you have seen the work the ID did for the home). Popular ones may be flooded with so many requests, quality and attentiveness may suffer.

You should see you ID as a working partner...there should be chemistry...ideas and communication should flow easily. During our ID selection process back in December 2012, we met up with quite a number of IDs. Amongst all, I had great chemistry and understanding with one of the IDs, which I unfortunately did not end up selecting as it is not only my decision to make but a joint decision between myself and hubby. But I did end up recommending her to a couple of friends instead of my ID as she left a strong impression on me.

Be prepared to spend a lot of time monitoring the renovation progress as well. Just because you selected an ID does not mean you should just let go and let the ID coordinate everything. It is after all your home and you are investing a lot of money in the renovation so it's better to be safe and ensure you are getting what you want. To spot a renovation mistake on the spot and get it corrected asap is better than having everything completed and then do corrective works....it will take ages.

Happy renovating! :P

Cheers

Mere

http://mere-reno-journey.blogspot.sg/

• Like 1