Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi

The photo I took at the shop shows the prices. I thought I bought the 32" to 42" mount but when I went to check my receipt, I discovered that I actually paid $340 for a bigger wall mount, just in case I want to mount a bigger TV next time. Installation costs $60. Installer was recommended by the shop.

I bought from this shop called Ladders and Hardware in Sim Lim Square. I looked at their website but could not find this model. Then I went to their sister company's website and found the model there.

I believe what is important is not so much the size of the TV but the weight it can support and the dimensions of the mounting positions. The following are taken from the Jia Ying website:

Lines HTA 4041 supports 32" to 42" up to 50 kg $340 listed price

Lines HTA 6041 supports 32" to 52" up to 50 kg $365 listed price <-- I paid $340 for this.

Lines HTA 8050 supports 32" to 65" up to 85 kg $395 listed price

p.s. a bit strange for you to address me

Edited by kstoh

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Alkaline Water

I am not sure how many of you believe in this, but more and more people believe in it. My better half believes in it and bought one. I am neutral and slightly skeptical.

Anyway, if you want to know more about Alkaline water, you can watch these videos:

14234617101_6ba5ca44cf_o.jpg

However, this post is more about how to install the machine.

Edited by kstoh

The machine takes water from the tap and splits them into alkaline and acidic water. The alkaline water is dispensed from the spout at the top while the acidic water is discharged via a discharge hose at the bottom. The machine requires AC current to operate.

So, from the bottom of the machine, we have:-

- an electric cable to the power point

- an incoming hose carrying water from the tap

- an outgoing hose carrying acidic water discharge

What I did was to drill a 2 cm hole in the counter top, and put the cable/hoses through the hole. So everything is hidden. When I planned my kitchen power points, I had planned for one power point below the counter top near the location of the machine.

14213011356_58759c4f82_o.jpg

14050024378_38319bd722_o.jpg

14236408584_904bc800e1_o.jpg

14212988466_682f8b7e81_o.jpg

14213003656_106192dcb0_o.jpg

Honestly, I have no idea whether this thing works. The machine can dispense water from ph 3.8 (most acidic) to 10.2 (most alkaline). Currently, it is set to dispense alkaline water at ph 9.0. However, when I purchased litmus paper to test the water, I cannot tell any difference.

14238008275_c90cb10e87_o.jpg

14237521604_2a184cf4bd_o.jpg

14049524070_158775a11b_o.jpg

From left to right, I tested using acidic water (as discharged by the machine), tap water, alkaline water (as dispensed by the machine). I complained to the supplier. They said it is not accurate to test using litmus paper. They said must test using litmus liquid. I wonder why the schools use litmus paper.

14237521584_c73eb9268e_o.jpg

I can tell you that thing is definitely not separating acidic and alkaline water :)

Whilst the change in litmus paper colour is not as sensitive, it is accurate in being able to distinguish between acidic and alkaline water.

Speaking of water filters and testing the acidic/alkaline levels, I'm using this water filter called Kangen Water and it dispenses alkaline water up to pH9.5. During the demo, what they do is to test the acidic/alkaline levels of various bottled water vs the filtered water using food colorant or something I think because the reaction is based on the type of pH level in the water.

One of the fact that this water filter is mostly used in Japanese hospitals and authorized by japanese doctors there, other than the manufacturing origins is why I was sold on the water filter.

Another factor is, there is no hard sell, no obligations to purchase on the spot.

Actually what matter most for a alkaline water filter machine can do is able produce high level of negative oxygen reduction potential (-ORP). Those machine which can not give you this information confirm is a scam. Negative Oxygen Reduction Potential is a very powerful anti-oxidant which can hunt down free radicals in our system and neutralized them thus slow down the aging process.

So, choose wisely...

• Like 1

I am totally confused now.

I can tell you that thing is definitely not separating acidic and alkaline water :)

Whilst the change in litmus paper colour is not as sensitive, it is accurate in being able to distinguish between acidic and alkaline water.

I am going to test whether my litmus paper is working.

Speaking of water filters and testing the acidic/alkaline levels, I'm using this water filter called Kangen Water and it dispenses alkaline water up to pH9.5. During the demo, what they do is to test the acidic/alkaline levels of various bottled water vs the filtered water using food colorant or something I think because the reaction is based on the type of pH level in the water.

One of the fact that this water filter is mostly used in Japanese hospitals and authorized by japanese doctors there, other than the manufacturing origins is why I was sold on the water filter.

Another factor is, there is no hard sell, no obligations to purchase on the spot.

Same here. There was no hard sell on KYK's part. My wife bought it willingly with eyes open. In fact, I think she went to them.

Actually what matter most for a alkaline water filter machine can do is able produce high level of negative oxygen reduction potential (-ORP). Those machine which can not give you this information confirm is a scam. Negative Oxygen Reduction Potential is a very powerful anti-oxidant which can hunt down free radicals in our system and neutralized them thus slow down the aging process.

So, choose wisely...

My machine supposed to have anti-oxidant, negative ORP, ionized water etc. Are they referring to the same thing?

Testing my litmus paper with (from left to right) lime (calamansi) juice, tap water & dish washing liquid.

14241029511_7fda950458_o.jpg

Looks like there is nothing wrong with my litmus paper.

My machine supposed to have anti-oxidant, negative ORP, ionized water etc. Are they referring to the same thing?

Yes, at least they should clearly stated the value of -ORP... like 300 -ORP and so...

Came across Novita brand NP9960 which they do stated the value of -ORP

pH Range

Alkaline Level 1 – 4:

- pH 8.5 – pH 10.0

- ORP -150mV – -300mV

Purified:

- pH and ORP inherent from water source

Acidic Level 1 – 2:

- pH 3.5 – pH 5.0

- ORP +300mV – +450mV

Others brand state with -ORP, but is it gonna be enough or just a little bit as purify water...

copy this from web...

Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP) is a measure of a water system's capacity to either release or gain electrons in chemical reactions. The process of oxidation involves losing electrons while reduction involves gaining electrons.

The measurement can be positive or negative and the charges are expressed in millivolts (mV). Negative value of ORP indicates the presence of antioxidant capacity which assists the body to neutralize free radicals.

ORP of water can be measured with an ORP meter.

Another brand Kangen from mlm...

As quoted by them..

Kangen water has the highest antioxidant measured compared to any liquid on the planet. (~ – 470 ORP)

Testing my litmus paper with (from left to right) lime (calamansi) juice, tap water & dish washing liquid.

14241029511_7fda950458_o.jpg

Looks like there is nothing wrong with my litmus paper.

Looks like a class action lawsuit waiting to happen. Heh

Yes, at least they should clearly stated the value of -ORP... like 300 -ORP and so...

Came across Novita brand NP9960 which they do stated the value of -ORP

pH Range

Alkaline Level 1 – 4:

- pH 8.5 – pH 10.0

- ORP -150mV – -300mV

Purified:

- pH and ORP inherent from water source

Acidic Level 1 – 2:

- pH 3.5 – pH 5.0

- ORP +300mV – +450mV

Others brand state with -ORP, but is it gonna be enough or just a little bit as purify water...

Ok, I went to check my KYK machine. The display toggles between Ph and ORP. When I switch the display from Ph 9.0, it shows ORP -230 mV.

14270903243_1e1e0df55d_o.jpg

[back to Table of Contents]

Edited by kstoh