Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
batusoon

Diary Of My "new" Small Home

After going thru months of flat "hunting", finally found an unit which meet my ideal location except it is much older than me :P

Reading lot of other's blogs their experience of sharing their new home. I will like to share my too :lol:.

After 1st appointment with HDB

The 1st thing I did was purchased the flat layout online. and try to think how shall I layout my toilet and kitchen with the limited area. At the same time, looking for contractors. In the end I got 3 contractors (1 from friends' recommendation, 1 from LEDs lightning's boss and 1 from Renotalk).

While waiting for 2nd appointment, the only important things is to do "home appliances homework". There's always electrical appliances sales held at Expo ( 1-2 times quarterly or shopping mall). Expo is like my once in month hanging up place :P There's furniture fair, BHG/JL/Robinson/Metro Sale.... "SALE".

2nd appointment
I had my 2nd appointment with HDB not long ago. Immediately, the next day after collected my keys collections I arranged to have my 3 shortlisted contractors to view my place, took measurement, told them what I have in mind for toilet, kitchen layout and my budget. And fast enough, they are able to provide me their details quotation next day.

Having a tough decision who shall I select as all pricing, material they provided are very closed and all 3 are friendly people. In the end, I choose a lady contractor who got to know her thru' a LEDs lightning boss.

Agreement signed! 1st deposit done... hacking next, more updates coming up.

*PS: It is important to know your neighbour. They will help you to decide to have air-con install in the living room ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hurray! HDB permit approved. Hacking will start within next few days.
Sorry neighbours, pls bear with the noise.
Makeover session beginning soon ....
Before makeover ....
Toilet

Wc Ext

Wc

Kitchen

kitchen1

O kitchen

MRm&Kitchen

hall

Living Room

hall1

ah never mind my question, i think i saw the tags 3 room flat! lol anyway welcome & looking forward to more updates.

Hurray! HDB permit approved. Hacking will start within next few days.
Sorry neighbours, pls bear with the noise.
Makeover session beginning soon ....
Before makeover ....
Toilet

Kitchen

Living Room

Your layout is really unique for a 3 room! :good:

I will be starting reno on my 3 room soon too.. but mine is BTO, soooo much smaller-looking than yours. :~

Hi all,

It's a 3 std room (resale) flat. The ex-owner had a country side design for her flat 15 yrs ago. She hacked 1 of the bedrooms to have a bigger living room, extended her toilet area, open kitchen concept.

But all these... ;) will be gone :P

Rain rain go away... cos I need to source for tiles.

Went to 1 of the tiles distributor shop along Changi Road. Below are the chosen tiles.

Homogeneous tiles for Living Rm + Bedrooms

living rm + rooms tile

Ceramic tiles for Kitchen's wall

kitchen wall (Grey + white, running rectangle)

Kitchen's floor.... wanted black tiles with "bink bink" but out of stock.... hmmm... have to source from other tiles distributors' :(

Ceramic tiles for Toilet's wall
Toilet (wall + floor)

Toilet tile

Hi all,

It's a 3 std room (resale) flat. The ex-owner had a country side design for her flat 15 yrs ago. She hacked 1 of the bedrooms to have a bigger living room, extended her toilet area, open kitchen concept.

But all these... ;) will be gone :P

Excited to see what you will do with the space! :)

Hi batusoon, congrats on ur new flat, n welcomed to the 3-roomers' club n to RT! :)

The ex-owner sure had quite a unique taste of her time (15 years ago). Looking forward to how you transform it into a modern paradise of ur own! :)

(R u gonna put back the rm that was hacked?)

Edited by jus4fun

Hi batusoon, congrats on ur new flat, n welcomed to the 3-roomers' club n to RT! :)

The ex-owner sure had quite a unique taste of her time (15 years ago). Looking forward to how you transform it into a modern paradise of ur own! :)

(R u gonna put back the rm that was hacked?)

hi just4fun,

yes of cos. The walls are reinstated :lol:

Errr... will b basic... budget tight. :(

Renovation is never a easy task. :wacko: It's draining my energy

The progress of renovation is fast and I am slow of getting the "hardware".

The worker are fast, they done with the piping, laying the ktichen's wall and today they laying the living room's tiles while monitoring the kitchen + toilet water proofing.

water pipes

IMG 20131104 WA0003

Before they laid the living room's tiles. I did what others did ... instructed my contractor to lay 6 Singapore $1 coins on the front door. I read others laid Chinese ancient coins on the corners but I didn't as there different version of numbers of coins to be placed. Did some homework on the Chinese fengshui (on the 5 elements) and found out "2","5", "8" is not my fengshui number. "6" ... "liu liu da shun".. LOL

http://www.fengshuiqueen.com/abtfs/secret_theo/6dollar.htm .

FS

6 BaGua

Before laying tile

Living room... ready for laying

Laying tiles

Peace ah!! Everything goes smoothly... :yeah:

Edited by batusoon