Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
inthechouse

A Canvas To Our Imagination: Thoreau

Thanks! There's actually a white tile from the same series but it wasn't very bright. In fact it's kinda greyish. We decided to just paint the top 1/4 of the walls white. Alan said that we would need to have the walls painted every 3 years or so. Guess we'll have to DIY lor. :)

What colour do you reckon we should paint the pipes?

I will suggest navy blue for it.

However if you want something bright and loud, it will be red.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Black would be a safe colour :) Firstly it gives an industrial feel, secondly it doesn't dirty so easily, thirdly it would go well with your tiles. :jammin:

I will suggest navy blue for it.

However if you want something bright and loud, it will be red.

Black would be a safe colour :) Firstly it gives an industrial feel, secondly it doesn't dirty so easily, thirdly it would go well with your tiles. :jammin:

Thank you both! I've actually run out of colours, as I have maxed out the quota given by Alan. I wonder if it's ok for me to purchase the paint myself and ask the foreign worker who's been painting my flat solo to paint it....

Has anyone done that before?

aint u worried yr house might look too colorful? hv u thought abt using tones and shades?

For the maxed out colours, half of them are various shades of white. I do hope the bathrooms don't turn out too colourful. What's your take on the pipe colour?

I vote black for the pipes :)

I second retchlow for grey. Since the top half of your bathroom is cement screeded, I think grey in 1 or 2 shades darker than the cement screed wall will go quite nicely.

i will go for grey

I vote black for the pipes :)

I second retchlow for grey. Since the top half of your bathroom is cement screeded, I think grey in 1 or 2 shades darker than the cement screed wall will go quite nicely.

Grey imho. Black's too much of a contrast.

yr blue tiles are very strong and intense, like azure blue, use a very light grey above will do.

Thank you, everyone! Appreciate all the input. :good:

Checking with Alan if we can have a tiny tin of an extra colour. If he says no then I guess we'll have to go buy it ourselves.

By the way, two thumbs-up for Nippon Odourless Snow Flakes! It's really nice and bright. :thumbs up:

photo_zpsce7d1866.jpg

Gonna go meet an iron gate supplier + a window solar film salesman. These things are so pricey. :angry2:

Anyway, we hope to have all the lights and ceiling fan ready/delivered by this weekend so Alan can arrange for installation early next week.

my window no solar film, just the default tint (greenish) that comes with the glass window. why not use curtain, the effect can block out lights entirely.

my window no solar film, just the default tint (greenish) that comes with the glass window. why not use curtain, the effect can block out lights entirely.

Yap i agree on that.

Solar film is not really needed i feel unless you are East West facing

Yap i agree on that.

Solar film is not really needed i feel unless you are East West facing

I opted for clear glass windows. Will definitely install curtain/blinds, but just wanted to be able to look out of the windows (got view) while the blind is up, AND having the room kept cool at the same time. LOL! May not go ahead with it coz it's not East West facing...

Edit: In case anyone wants to know, here's what I've found out so far. This is a repost, with some updates:

- Window Cool and Acme: Both salesmen were responsive and came to meet us bearing samples. Price range: Starting from $6 psf.

- 3M: Appointment arranged via email. Apparently the Night Vision series cost $7 psf and up.

- Nanolux: Yet to meet the salesperson after a phone conversation.

- Sun-X: Price range from $5 psf and up. Will arrange an appointment soon.

- Coolkote: $8 and $12 psf. Not inclined to purchase.

Edited by inthechouse