Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
g0mug0mu

Scandi Home 4 Room Bto

Your cabinetry and color scheme are very similar to our first 3d drawing. The grooves could be some trend that 3d design wants to start haha.

0.o really!?! Your ID is kinda like her boss maybe that's where the influence comes from..

The detailing yes, their new office is full of detailing which is looks awesome! I'm sure it will take off as it carries off the French look very well..

How's has your color scheme changed? I'm sure your house is looking great now :)

On a side note, anyone have island hood to recommend? Any sale ongoing?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Omg. Look at the date of my first post. Hahaha. Anyway, just partially my ID issue and partly my own side issue for the delay.

Ok! No words. Just pictures.

New Drawings

Barn.Yard.Door

14958659196_e004bb6897.jpg

Tiniest.Kitchen.Island in a 4-room BTO

14794974699_953e96f76c.jpg

START WORK!!

Tiles Selection!

Vinyl Selection from Hafary (from my own contact)

No Stock!

14978584581_fef2a666ee.jpg

Vinyl Selection 2 from Hafary

No Stock!

14958689906_81219e49c7.jpg

Cement tiles from designer recommendation

No Stock! Cement tiles max quantity per design usually never stock >100sq feet. We need ~500sq feet

14794947650_b843df8142.jpg

Hahaha next up will be the cement tile re-design!

Edited by g0mug0mu

The 2nd picture of the light vinyl is really nice :good:

I like the wood tiles! Very rustic :)

Thanks, we waited for these tiles for 1month!! The tiles are at the port now.. Hope it will be installed without issues next week!!

We chose this tile but there designer did not know that these kind of tiles they usually don't stock so much.

14794947650_b843df8142.jpg

So we plan to custom make a same one. (But need to wait 2 months and expensive!) And, the colour will be different cos it will be from another company.

e find that the pattern is not what we really love.

1st Mock up

We chose this as the base design

14804742988_2712fc6a2d_n.jpg

And this as the base colour

14990985882_f12819042b_n.jpg

And it is really ... wrong...

14996175061_d2864cea5e_n.jpg

My computer mock up

14976278766_871ce0f7fa.jpg

Designer said.. Okay...... can IF you really like it. The tile owner gave us one last chance for another mock up.

To be continued.....

The mockup tiles just doesn't look right...the original one is much brighter and nicer..

Yap.. Was so upset at the time. In addition, just realized the tiles is very hard to maintain as it is very porous and handmade.. and the tiles is much more expensive than previously ID said it was about $4psf during tile selection. Its $4per 20cm*20cm tile = $9psf when we went to buy :(

Did a mock up by powerpoint this time to prevent any disappointment.

15001988431_5c097a3113_h.jpg

Edited by g0mug0mu

Chose the bottom left design..

1st mock up looks good!

14794934769_396a892853.jpg

14795066237_562f5668a9.jpg

Actual.. The original colour is better but this design is much better :)

14958669836_1442e602e5.jpg

Here is the cause of a 2months delay..

• Like 1

Hi like your flooring! This is for your kitchen and dining area? Have to take extra care as these tiles are porous and their colours may fade. We have them in our bathrooms and they are not easy to maintain. But they add flavor and character to the house so aesthetics overrule practicality 😁

Hi like your flooring! This is for your kitchen and dining area? Have to take extra care as these tiles are porous and their colours may fade. We have them in our bathrooms and they are not easy to maintain. But they add flavor and character to the house so aesthetics overrule practicality

Yap I like how you used them in your bathroom too! That also contributed to my decision to use these tiles.

Did you see any fading of your tiles? How about the water resistance of the tiles?

My kitchen tiles I am abit worried if they will fade due to the exposed sunlight as we hack the service yard wall. Well... I hope they aged well as I like the uneven colour tone and handmade aspect of it.

We have them in our bath room too :)

Would not have done for my bathroom as we only found out about the high maintenance after we got the tiles! Our ID didnt tell us, until my dad saw the tiles! Anyway, my dad who did the tiles applied 2 coats of sealant until the tiles cant absorb the sealant. Will apply 3rd coat after reno...

14978499701_65a19d3e9c.jpg

Woah your bathroom flooring is really cool! We don't dare to really scrub or use strong cleaning agent on these tiles... Their colours will fade with the wash. One way or another, the colours will fade with time, giving it an aged look.

Also our Aircon pipe where water comes out from is located directly above one of these tiles. After 1 year of using our Aircon, that particular tile has turned yellowish :(

14822220839_561b9d6eb9.jpg

Bathroom tiles after one year of stay by Makanology, on Flickr

Edited by Makanology

Woah your bathroom flooring is really cool! We don't dare to really scrub or use strong cleaning agent on these tiles... Their colours will fade with the wash. One way or another, the colours will fade with time, giving it an aged look.

Also our Aircon pipe where water comes out from is located directly above one of these tiles. After 1 year of using our Aircon, that particular tile has turned yellowish :(14822220839_561b9d6eb9.jpgBathroom tiles after one year of stay by Makanology, on Flickr

Okay. Glad that it withstood the water well. But corrode due to the acidic air con water I believe. Essentially our cement tile have a fair bit of Limestone (CaCO3)

CaCO3 + H+ --> CaO + H2O + CO2

Maybe can try sanding it off and divert the water pipe directly to a drain? Weird that the ID never plan for you :s

Edited by g0mug0mu