Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
g0mug0mu

Scandi Home 4 Room Bto

Display Cabinet

After 3-4 revisions, here is the final cabinet design. Which was why we like the before more. But to reduce the dust bunnies, had to add doors and glass...

14988877224_6b851dab25_c.jpg

Before

14949732953_e2c1757086_n.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

1 Word. SMEG.

Cant. resist. designing the kitchen around the fridge. HELP.

11422859764_07a70e5581.jpg

11422884906_f3144c35df.jpg

Very nice but a tad too small ...cant fit a lot of my stuffs. Good if you don't cook a lot like me. :)

Haha the circular is from Oct 2014 so maybe not apply to Makanology.. Haha.. Anyway, the water proofing from the toilet should help the water seepage (but not the coldness of the water)...

Bad News! Cleaner just acid wash my bathroom cement tiles. Colours faded and water proofing gone.

ID and manager came down to see. Anyway, they are responsible enough to patch everything up. Either it can be sand down if the acid not eat too much into the tile or need to hack and re-do (my reno started in April/May!)

Times like these I am glad the ID is reputable. But also should not happen in the first place.

Hi Diva79! I have been reading your blog for tips! Welcome back to the forum :)

Glad that my humble blog has helped you a tiny bit. Yes, I am back! :D

Very nice but a tad too small ...cant fit a lot of my stuffs. Good if you don't cook a lot like me. :)

Haha.. Gave up on SMEG in the end and got sold on a Fisher and Paykel. Its really too small!

:)

So close yet so far...
Somehow renovation delayed again from the acid wash of the cement tiles..

Oh well.. :dunno:

Another 3more weeks to move in! I hope!

I may somehow have the longest T-blog (in terms of time taken for reno) here.

Anyway, will share the work in progress photos one by one for the weeks ahead!

Only wardrobe area is considered fully upz

Black mirror + simple design

15457155058_50b25249ae.jpg

Her side of the wardrobe :)

Slots for bags, Dresser and Accessories tray! The accessories tray is quite well done. Shall take a pic next trip..

The 2 cabinets below the accessories tray is too big! Should have left it as a shorts/skirts racks

15022433874_01af2d2a17.jpg

Her other-side of the wardrobe:)

My side on the extreme left~ Just need some Muji Pull out drawers.

15643187255_5a60a33c64_n.jpg

Barnyard door track preview

15644010562_4756fba414.jpg

Cement tiles was out for a brief moment during the initial cleaning.

HENG AR... The cleaner never acid wash this..

15456530379_878a63e0ea_c.jpg

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory

Reno will be worth the wait!

Visited in the day and wanted to test out our track lights :)

Improvised curtains!

15457211627_203d24f405.jpg

Hi your renovation is looking good! Sad to know that the acid wash has affected your beautiful tiles.... But that will give you the vintage, aged look? 😁

Looks as nice as the tiles I saw in the entrance of Taj Mahal!

Wow thank you! I wish I could go to the Taj one day.

No updates so far? :)

Unfortunately, no.

Mid Oct --> Their carpentry job was almost completed

End Oct --> ID then got time to meet us and hopefully collect payment because we haven't meet up since carpentry is up

Early Nov --> Tiles spoiled in the meanwhile. No response. Main ID on leave, job passed on to the boss. Did try to repair in the meanwhile but boss to busy to call for any updates. Sent pictures of flooring but conveniently left out the spot behind the door which cannot be removed.

ID came back. Boss raised voice at my wife saying too busy to meet us, we have to go to his office.

Took 3 weeks to come to mutual agreement.

Mid Nov --> ID on holiday, need to wait 2weeks before she got time to meet us on site. We agreed to pay only if all things are done. Unfortunately its impossible since no time to meet before that to talk about defects. Communicate through email. Paid half of balance.

End Nov --> ID have company trip. Another 2 weeks before we can meet which is this Saturday.

Our timing is to meet after office hours or on Saturday. Was able to meet us no problems before signing the contract.

Hate to write negative issues on my blog. Sigh.

Love the barn door.. Wanted to do it but not sure if the track can fit my kitchen entrance. Look forward to see to see your fix up soon. :)

I am loving our barn door too! The idea turns out well :)

I have officially moved in on the early Dec. Finally the dust has settle on the year long project. And managed to complete the house warming, christmas and holiday trip since moving in.

My pic above is in here :)

http://www.renotalk.com/articles/552/7-Outstanding-Ways-to-Tile-Your-New-BTO-Flat

Another view when its completed

16258353167_cdbc4f427c.jpg

My Favourite part of the house. Barn yard door + my live christmas tree. Will miss the welcoming pine smell when it dries up after 2months.

16443318332_49f637bc47.jpg

All dressed up

15824192333_9e285494a2.jpg

Shoutouts to the 2014 t-bloggers who are still diligently updating and contributing, you have my respect!

In case anyone is wondering why do we have a huge door in between the supremely small 4 room BTO living room.

Door when closed

16444348285_f74a1688cb.jpg

Door when open

15821831254_2b80c52dcc.jpg

This will be the living area WHICH ALLOW US TO SWITCH ON THE AIRCON when watching TV. (SOFA Bed from Castlery. Its fuax leather, cheap and good)

Hence, no excuse for TV in the bedroom which is exclusively for sleeping.

Kitchen Island

16449778759_d0e68e4b8a.jpg

1. Kuche Hob and Induction Domino Cooker from Lioncityco
  2. Blanco Pleon 8 Sink (Undermounted by ID - Good Job!) from Hoe Kee
  3. Fisher and Paykel E521TR3 from Courts @ Orchard (There is a nice F&P agent station there)
  4. Bosch 90cm island hood from Courts
  5. Ariston Oven and Microwave from Mayer warehouse sale

16448393758_9908697810.jpg

The island/dining table layout is definately the most difficult to design to fit into our TINY HDB kitchen.

Our requirements

1. Have an Island
  2. 790mm F&P Fridge
  3. Comply to gas piping and water piping regulations
  4. 2 domino hob
  5. Built in microwave/over
  6. Walking space
  7. Preperation area
  8. Large 700mm wide sink
  9. Enough Cabinetry Drawers
  10. Dryer and washer

Alas, after 20+ layout brainstorming, we finally got all off the above except cabinetry drawers hence the dining table has cabinets on one side (and no leg room).

Building is also difficult getting the necessary permits and rework of gas and concrete base due to wrong measurements.

But its all worth it as the island makes cooking X2 interesting. Cleaning up is also much easier.

Carpentry workmanship and detailing is good.