Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vermilion

My Tiny Litte Home

of course not the same id!:)!!! :yamseng::yamseng::yamseng:

the wardrobe was done by ah keong from hoobee, patrict (boss) did not reject my request, and the wardrobe is only less than 10% of actual wardrobe price.... the work done is very good, am very pleased to see the simple wardrobe...

i know it's cheap, tat's also one of the reason I want to do in tat way, but quite surprise tat it is less than 10% of normal wardrobe :notti::notti: he never think harder to help his client to save money, instead spend more!!! :furious:

ok it makes sense that ur mum uses diff ID. luckily ur mum never uses the same ID as urs, or else u'll have double headache

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hoobee was the original contractor i choose, but for some reasons... i changed to my present id on the night before the signing. haiz... idiot me lor :yamseng:

patrick is a good guy and can be neg. i told him can just charge me material cost? he said ok! and my mum's reno is very very cheap! and workmanship is good.

if i say there's no hiccup, i would be lying then, but patrick is fast to the problem and solves them immediately, so am very very very pleased with his work.

as for id and contractor, u can forget asking them to help you save money. before my reno start, i have spoke to everyone if they can help me cut cost, as i know if i use glass door, homo tiles etc for my house, my design will cost me 40K!! u know what, no one reply my email and give me solutions.

and the so call id has no ideas and design sense, end of the day, i drew my own floor plan, did my own design. i would say, most of them, no design trained, and only interested in making your bills big by suggesting carpentry etc...

so, i bo-bian... did my own research (as i major in research while doing my post graduate). easily i gather all info and how i can save money. and then give them instructions/materials to be used for my house.

as for the curtains, i save a bomb, all curtains if custom made, wil cost me more than 3k man!

2 x 3m

1 x 3.6m

1 x 3m (blockout curtain)

2 x 1.8m

1 x 1.5m

2 x 1.5m string curtain

but i only spent less than $500, and sew my own, its not as difficult as what people think, i would say very easy, 1 curtain 4-5 hours. mayb i should start import cloths from china and do curtain business liao...

hoobee was the original contractor i choose, but for some reasons... i changed to my present id on the night before the signing. haiz... idiot me lor :D

patrick is a good guy and can be neg. i told him can just charge me material cost? he said ok! and my mum's reno is very very cheap! and workmanship is good.

if i say there's no hiccup, i would be lying then, but patrick is fast to the problem and solves them immediately, so am very very very pleased with his work.

as for id and contractor, u can forget asking them to help you save money. before my reno start, i have spoke to everyone if they can help me cut cost, as i know if i use glass door, homo tiles etc for my house, my design will cost me 40K!! u know what, no one reply my email and give me solutions.

and the so call id has no ideas and design sense, end of the day, i drew my own floor plan, did my own design. i would say, most of them, no design trained, and only interested in making your bills big by suggesting carpentry etc...

so, i bo-bian... did my own research (as i major in research while doing my post graduate). easily i gather all info and how i can save money. and then give them instructions/materials to be used for my house.

as for the curtains, i save a bomb, all curtains if custom made, wil cost me more than 3k man!

2 x 3m

1 x 3.6m

1 x 3m (blockout curtain)

2 x 1.8m

1 x 1.5m

2 x 1.5m string curtain

but i only spent less than $500, and sew my own, its not as difficult as what people think, i would say very easy, 1 curtain 4-5 hours. mayb i should start import cloths from china and do curtain business liao...

wah, ur post graduate in design? :sport-smiley-004:

ur research will only be useful if u in similar field. :(

yup, in design. but with research based, it helps me access info and screens info fast and accurate. and judgement is sharp and fast... becos not all info in the net is 100% accurate.

hi vermilion, am very impressed that you managed to sew your own curtains

me also thinking of doing it but dun have sewing machine

is by hand-stitch you think possible???

really like the wardrobe patrick did for your mum's place

can share some photos of how it looks like after the curtains up?

maybe i'll do the same thing also :sport-smiley-004:

me now going around copying ideas coz most prob using ho bee

do you mind if i tell him i want the same wardrobe as your mum's place (btw where is it?)

i wil try posting but not now, as my parents stay in MARSILING (near causeway to jb liao), and i stay in telok blangah (foot of MT FABER). so i stop going there... just too far... until i get my driving license...

patrick is good, ah keong's workmanship is so much better compare to mine!:sport-smiley-004:! my mum is very happy about work done, she said very fine work.

and i also intro friends and relative to patrick. u tell him aunty in telok blangah, he will know liao, he always disturb me and call me aunty 8|8| , then i will scold him, cos i dont look like aunty hoh!:D:(:D

as for the curtain, hand stitch is quite difficult.

i would not say cannot, becos nothing is impossible. however, curtain material is thick and some heavy, so you need very strong stitch... your life will be easier if you buy a sewing machine, i bought mine at $239 with free scissors. from best at vivo city. courts sells it at $269, but if you just need a simple one. $169 got liao... think i saw it at courts.

it is worth investing in a sewing machine, becos you can sew cushion covers too...

cloth is cheap at arab street and lots of nice one.

go to my blog, earlier post and you will find my arab street adventure (where i go seaching for cloth)!

Edited by vermilion

:D:(:D8|

the picture u have there, is it a cat or a dog hah??? cute, your pet?

the animal you hate most lah :sport-smiley-004:

a little info on the hawker centre(crescent)

porridge = FEI LOU aka FAT MAN

Lor Mee = same stretch as FAT MAN, morning only (30+ yrs here liao)

Mang Jiang Kueh = same stretch, also 30 yrs liao - morning nia.

Edited by MaCe

this is very strange, i received messages again saying cant see updated pixs in my blog. so i decided to update here: dated 3 may

though i have fully moved in. but these pixs are taken approx a month agon...

bathroom no kerb, so when bathe, water flows out into kitchen , id agree to install rubber lining, but til now never come to install...

as for granite top, i bougth mcarelab sealent to seal it... and then... maybe i did wrongly... now my granite has oily stain and traps dust easily... have emailed them about this problem... regret! gek-kiang lah

kitec0ls7.th.jpg

as for my induction and pressure cooker, very pleased and worth the money, tried boiling herbal soup and took me only 15min(instead of 2-3hrs) thereafter, off the cooker and it will continue to cook... 5 to 10min later, when the pressure is released, open the cover and serve... chicken super tender! cooking time is cut by 70%. highly recommended

as for my oven, also very pleased, have tried baking and made shepherd pie, grilled salmon... bake fish... fries... saugage, chicken wings etc.. friends said... good!!! and also my beloved induction steamboat set... made my house warming so much easier...

all curtains in bedroom are sewn by me, including re-sewn study area white curtain... very please with the result first time sewing!

rmpx7lx1.th.jpg

computer monitor is now moved to study area, mirror is hanged properly... and of course not with the help of carpenter but aircon installer -- sotong , sotong has also helped me with some curtain tracks... as for my carpentry, lots of scratches... can see the wood one ah! how can i be happy? as i see them everyday

as for the ikea wardrobe, worth the money too, can put lots of clothes, have also bought many boxes to organise it, so that it looks neat, no pixs taken, however, love my wardrobe very much now.

have also bought new furnitures for the bedroom + more shelves for books at study area... paisey, no pixs, as i'm still unpacking... so my house is actually in a mess now!

realised that i dont have enough chairs at dinning, have ordered 2 more chairs from OM since my dinning table seat 6 people... the 2 ottomans will be placed elsewhere... however, Om has no stock nw, so wait lor

87985725la6im9.th.jpg

living room without my digital piano yet... all curtains sewn by me too!

83704694gq1li9.th.jpg

after moved in my digital piano... not so spacious anymore... the purple thing is my luggage, was about to unpack my stuff, then see the coffee table, photo album and rubbish everywhere...

pianolb0py3.th.jpg

my house is like warzone at the moment, becos unpacking all stuff, and i cant believe i have so much things, have thrown away half of my books collection! and many other things, but i still need 20boxes!!!!

Edited by vermilion

wow..your house is very nice...with lots of curtains to create the mood...impressed that you actually made all the curtains yourself...

am curious how to you make the string curtains?? can teach??

me also doing up my 3I room flat.. could be a bit small than yours.. !!

there are many different quality of string curtain in the market, this one i bought wont tangle no matter how rough u handle or play with it, most importantly, strong and each string is qualiy control by me... !! dont say i fussy hah .... and because it is heavy, so it will flow nicely and evenly !! even tied up, it will not go out of shape.

the down side is, it has to be sewn lor, because all string are attached to a big piece of something like weave cloth, about 20-30cm, so it has to be folded and then lining to be put inside to hold all strings nicely... :) if not, not nice because crumpled...

by the way, mine is also 3I, 59sqm only... very very very small

Edited by vermilion