Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vermilion

My Tiny Litte Home

hi mist,

box up is behind my vanity mah

this is pix of bathroom, first pix is how i dismantle the cover, using hammer and this tool lor :( , 2nd is to show when i close my door, ventilation is still good, 3rd pix: i always keep my bathroom door open, so that i have dry bathroom, i truly hate those wet and moist bathroom.. yee... till now, am happy with the result, bathroom is always dry... !!

bathqy9.th.jpg

this was the box up before cover panel installed (view from my bedroom), i have no choice now but to dismantle this cover so that inside can be kept dried... and always try to keep the window closed, so that pigeon/birds will not build their nest inside... to think of that, it might b a good thing? next time friends come, i just need to catch some pigeon and throw them into my oven and then we will have roast peigeon for dinner! :)

bath%7a%7a6tg6.th.jpg

when i dismantled this afternoon, i can smell the moist! yucks! :curse: but unable to touch it leh... :( but its definitely moist inside :(

as for the kerb, was in my quotation. told id this problem about 1 mth ago, he claimed i want this kind of kerb!:P but i never say i want this kind... he most probably forgot about the kerb thing. so he said will put a rubber kind of thing at the bottom of the glass door, but till now. never come and install... :curse::curse::dribble:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

haiz... already said this reno is turning my life upside down, i become so touchy now, just a little irriatation is enuf to make me fight!!! i am a hammer and see every problem as nail... i truly need to relax a bit and cool down... back to my bubbly self... i used to call up friends for lunch, now i stop doing so and enjoy going on my own, as i dont wish to talk about my reno and my house problem... xian xian xian

being single and partake in this reno is not easy, not to mention have to deal with those dilinquent workers... i'm a shorty standing 1.52m, but chilli padi of 'superior quality'... :curse: learned lots of stuff from this reno, there are many things which i will never do until this reno, such as, sewing curtains, sorcing lights, curtains, wall paper oversea alone at deserted place which even my local friends were impressed, repair computer (just repaired my mac!!) fix furniture, diy my walls and paint... etc

as the paint is of lousy quality, the one next to bathroom actually started to peel off... this one i never mentioned... but its true, water bubles appeared... tell id also no use? probem stilll there, so i have no choice, but to go diy shop, bought a waterproofing layer... paint the wall (off white), then repaint with the paint again... i would say, this product works! few days ago, i wash bathroom and accidently splash water onto the wall, water bubbles appeared again!:curse: i used cloth to press it... this time, the paint donest come off! :dribble: but... the wall beside bathroom is susa.. other places touch water ok, only this wall, touch wateronly got bubbles... :curse: xian xian xian

the one on the right is waht i used for the wall..

plasterpk7.th.jpg

i would say my house is ok... still missing things floor lamp for bedside cozy corner, table lamp for livingrm, table clock for dinning... am going to for holiday with friends end of the month and at the same time, trying to find time.... shopping again! oversea shopping is always cheaper. :P

as for the curtain, sorry, squaretile, cant tell you the price, if not pi-chia all curtain supplier's lobang liao. i didnt buy in spore... i go direct to wholesale/export centre where people will not go kind... my curtain quality is the same quality as what spore curtain maker says... from italy.

the purple curtain is block out curtain, to keep aircon from running to kitchen. and it truly works!

Edited by vermilion

these are the missing part of my house...

guest room, i call it, the very ikea room! in white...

guestfe2.th.jpg

and remember i have a 'foyer' in my bedroom? left is study and right is platform to my bed... there you are...

studykb7.th.jpg

left pix: cd towers from ikea, new addon, i bought 5 of them and put behind study area curtain, this also means, i cant buy more books liao!!! did not take close up pix of my study table becos... friends laugh, the ugliest thing in your house is your study table... typical office table, why dont buy new one? reason, it has been with me since the first day i start my own business... close to 7years liao, still strong and sturdy, got sentimental value mah, ugly but durable... anyway, ikea's white table after put my destop computer and 20" sony crt monitor will warp... this table will not..

middle pix: left of 'foyer' is my study lor, when i use it, open curtain, when not in use, close curtain... the cupboard is where i put my 'ici' for the face... skincare/cosmetics, am still looking for a nice mirror to complete the look...

last pix: right of 'foyer' is my platform, behind string curtain is cozy corner where i can sit down and chi-chat with friends, or when we want to have girls talk... then my bed lor...

Lovely white room, reminds of of that time I worked in Melbourne - my room was completely white too. :) Hubby doesn't like all white - says it's like hospital effect.

don play with white and aluminium colour furniture, your room will not turn out to be hospital room. :)

same here, when i was staying in sydney, everything is white... that's why i inspired to have a WHITE house. however, after i started to buy gold cloth for curtain, my colour scheme changed... and i notice... mayb becos of weather, white is not easily dirtied in sydney, in spore, esp kitchen... my white wall dirtied easily...

i still have wallpaper enough for 1 piece of wall... am thinking putting up in this room behind the bed....

don play with white and aluminium colour furniture, your room will not turn out to be hospital room. :)

same here, when i was staying in sydney, everything is white... that's why i inspired to have a WHITE house. however, after i started to buy gold cloth for curtain, my colour scheme changed... and i notice... mayb becos of weather, white is not easily dirtied in sydney, in spore, esp kitchen... my white wall dirtied easily...

i still have wallpaper enough for 1 piece of wall... am thinking putting up in this room behind the bed....

Nowadays hospital rooms are colored. If all white, just imagine how hard it will be to get the urine stains and etc off.

Anyway, Singapore is really super dusty, my beige curtains have turned grey within 2 months of putting them up. :jawdrop:

mine is ok so far, mayb becos i put it in bedroom...

did you open you dorr big big everyday...?

Nopes, didn't open door big big everyday. Only open windows big big. Maybe different neighbourhoods have different levels of dust.

But your house really looks good. :jawdrop: They should totally use it as a showroom for the potentials of a 3 room flat.

window also... try to close lor...

its so relieve to hear that... at least my effort not wasted... actually this reno truly pushed my limit, lots of challenges, not in the design and planning but dealing with people. truly da-shan-yuan-qi (hurt my genki).

but my house is really small... :jawdrop: prefer a larger flat lor...

window also... try to close lor...

its so relieve to hear that... at least my effort not wasted... actually this reno truly pushed my limit, lots of challenges, not in the design and planning but dealing with people. truly da-shan-yuan-qi (hurt my genki).

but my house is really small... :bangwall: prefer a larger flat lor...

my house also full of dust!:P clumps of dust get stuck onto my curtains. and i've only been staying here for 4 months :P i just changed my curtain to a temporary cheapo one i bought from ikea. now having a headache how to wash the dusty curtains. eeks.

but i like curtains.. provides a soft look to the house.. wah ur house like got alot of curtains leh.. nice!

ooo ur box up is directly behind ur heater/shower isit? one whole length from floor to ceiling? then probably water from the floor seep in when u are bathing. u feel the bottom whether its damp lor. but actually is there any access panel for repairs or anything? coz nex time if the pipe bhind the box up leak, u may have difficulty repairing it.

hmm maybe u can cover up the hole with wire mesh so that birds cant go in but at the same time air can go in to dry the box up..

so far so good... how do you know its dirty? colour? i din notice about mine... but my house is right next to the road! floor dusty every 2-3 days lor, even close door...

your curtain can throw in washer? i throw all mine in, including the purple one... yup lots of curtain to give soft and cosy touch, cos i made them, so its cheap!

my box up... yah lor, these ants, ate up little holes liao... yesterday went to buy 'poison', put on the floor, less than 5min, ants came n ate them... and trying to bring to their nest... and gosh! very effective, within 4hours, many ants died...

there is no access panel, no choice, hack the whole wall lor...

anyway, i cant stand those water pipe, my flat 31yrs never upgrade, so there's upgrade n enbloc potential, by then hack lor, money waste no choice, as long as i stay happy and comfortable

thanks, the wire mesh is a good idea!

so far so good... how do you know its dirty? colour? i din notice about mine... but my house is right next to the road! floor dusty every 2-3 days lor, even close door...

your curtain can throw in washer? i throw all mine in, including the purple one... yup lots of curtain to give soft and cosy touch, cos i made them, so its cheap!

my box up... yah lor, these ants, ate up little holes liao... yesterday went to buy 'poison', put on the floor, less than 5min, ants came n ate them... and trying to bring to their nest... and gosh! very effective, within 4hours, many ants died...

there is no access panel, no choice, hack the whole wall lor...

anyway, i cant stand those water pipe, my flat 31yrs never upgrade, so there's upgrade n enbloc potential, by then hack lor, money waste no choice, as long as i stay happy and comfortable

thanks, the wire mesh is a good idea!

eeks! ate up little holes?? are u sure those ants are not termites?

oh i know my curtains are dusty coz i can literally SEE the dust!:dunno: eww. its clumpy and grey and sits on the curtain folds.. its like those dust u see betw ur wardrobe and the wall if u push the old wardrobe aside after many yrs. i oso dunno why so dusty leh. maybe its coz my neighbors are all renovating..

wow upgrade potential is good.. well anyway since they havent announce, then u can at least enjoy it for a year or so. coz they take 1 yr or 2 (after announce) b4 the actual reno starts. my mum;s house was soo messy during upgrading, its not only the toilet that gets messed up.. the dust flies everywhere during hacking and gets settled onto ur furniture, walls etc.. so need to cover up.

red ants leh and can bite one... :bath:;)

i think most probably is the reno, mine not so jia-luck, infact, din see any... mayb becos i touches my curtain quite often, open close open close...

i think wil take them 1 to 2 more years to announce upgradr or enbloc, by the time completion should be 3 years or more liao... looking at the workmanship and material used, 3yrs, i think this wall will be gone, cos normal plywood is used instead of waterproof material as i requested... stupid xx, think u know i scold who liao... :dunno:

aiyo... i believe that... but no choice, upgrade, value of house will shoot up... 30k, so see $$$ bobian. enbloc, i can get new flat, but hopefully they build more 3rm, cos i bought as sinlge, so can only buy 3rm when enbloc... my place is 3 bus stop to vivo city, sentosa IR and at the foot of mt faber...