Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marcel

The Pigeon Hole In Jurong East

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

How do we know what is the actual watts of the light ?

Those watt tester will not lie.

I have experience buying 15 watts light, tested out all belongs to 8 watts category but I paid for 15 watts money.

3zi6.jpg

Edited by sforshor

• Like 1

All your downlights are surface mount, or require false ceiling? If surface-mount, then its okay, as the cost is lower (no false ceiling required). Surface-mount downlight can also easily change light-bulb.

Mine are all conceal in the false ceiling. I dare not see the bill for electrical work.

Mine are all conceal in the false ceiling. I dare not see the bill for electrical work.

Ya lor my point of view too many points lar. Why your ID never suggest some cove lighting or you don't like? It will not be so many points if you use strips. Just my 2 cents .

27 lights? Wah...can check how many watts are each of your downlights?

For my place, I only got 1x32W for the whole kitchen, so I can't imagine 5 lights in the kitchen. [my kitchen is square shaped though, quite small.] Rooms are with 1 x 36 W each...again, can't imagine 4 lights in each room.....

Or are your lights lower in wattage so you need more for the brightness?

Sorry, newbie here too. I asked my contractor about how many wattage light to get for each room, as I had no idea how much would be bright enough. :P

Oh my LED down light is only 9W each. We also spread out the light sources to have an even light distribution through the house.

Good reading material regarding lighting.

http://www.the-house-plans-guide.com/lighting-calculation.html

Edited by marcel

Ya lor my point of view too many points lar. Why your ID never suggest some cove lighting or you don't like? It will not be so many points if you use strips. Just my 2 cents .

To save cost. No ID was involved. Designed by me + Mr Google and a reliable contractor found in Renotalk. Edited by marcel

No worries mate. No cove. No hanging lights. To play safe i have grouped them in pairs for the hall and bedrooms... At least their are independent. If I find they too bright I will off half.

:good: Me also not using any hanging light at all.....all downlight also but for living room I will have cove lighting in addition to downlight.

Gas and water pipes.

No $$$ to box up other than the false ceiling. My instruction to my contractor as below.

1. Pipes will not be paint

2. Pipe must be straight

3. No overlapping below false ceiling

And the result was ‘Excellence’.

You will normally see the manufacturer marking on the water pipe. However mine were all rotated to expose only shining side. Nice detailing by the contractor. Even the wall clips are all in line.

1900158_834595516555990_1683688595_n_zps

I brought these fans since Dec 2012. (I know I am very kiasu.) Now I can wait for see them mounted!

This is how the fan should look like.. BTW. I am a sucker for stain steel.

lake-iosco-kitchen-vertical_zps435e485a.

Edited by marcel

• Like 1

:good: Me also not using any hanging light at all.....all downlight also but for living room I will have cove lighting in addition to downlight.

NICE!! I was contemplating with cove too but I give up the idea after reading below.

After much consideration, I have decided to drop the idea of having a L-box or light cove because:

1. It will gather dust and when strong wind blows, the whole house will be very dusty.

2. It's the best place for the insects to commit mass suicide, dun wanna climb up and clear the mess

*Unquote

I brought these fans since Dec 2012. (I know I am very kiasu.) Now I can wait for see them mounted!0997D7EB-4FF7-4DFB-9670-C670021E512E_zpsThis is how the fan should look like.. BTW. I am a sucker for stain steel.lake-iosco-kitchen-vertical_zps435e485a.

Very chio fans, where and how much u got them for? Seems like not selling in Singapore

Those watt tester will not lie.

I have experience buying 15 watts light, tested out all belongs to 8 watts category but I paid for 15 watts money.

3zi6.jpg

Thanks for the information, did you purchase this and if yes how much

Oh my LED down light is only 9W each. We also spread out the light sources to have an even light distribution through the house.

Good reading material regarding lighting.

Thats what i hope to achieve, evenly light distribution to the whole place

Gas and water pipes.

No $$$ to box up other than the false ceiling. My instruction to my contractor as below.

1. Pipes will not be paint

2. Pipe must be straight

3. No overlapping below false ceiling

And the result was ‘Excellence’.

You will normally see the manufacturer marking on the water pipe. However mine were all rotated to expose only shining side. Nice detailing by the contractor. Even the wall clips are all in line.

1900158_834595516555990_1683688595_n_zps

Very nice look, mind taking the whole bigger area for visualization ? hehehe

Thanks for the information, did you purchase this and if yes how much

Thats what i hope to achieve, evenly light distribution to the whole place

Very nice look, mind taking the whole bigger area for visualization ? hehehe

Of coz. I will do it this weekend.