Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marcel

The Pigeon Hole In Jurong East

Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.

I savaged all these when my ex company relocate to a new office.

11x CFL downlight (No Brand) Should I be cheapskate and reuse the CFL downlight?

7x Yale cylindrical lever lock (Yale)

7x Door closers (King) It is weird to have door closers at home?

gallery_39301_236_106767.jpg

gallery_39301_236_132349.jpg

gallery_39301_236_216137.jpg

Edited by marcel

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.

I savaged all these when my ex company relocate to a new office.

11x CFL downlight (No Brand) Should I be cheapskate and reuse the CFL downlight?

7x Yale cylindrical lever lock (Yale)

7x Door closers (King) It is weird to have door closers at home?

gallery_39301_236_106767.jpg

gallery_39301_236_132349.jpg

gallery_39301_236_216137.jpg

Think you got to consider if it fit the design of your house and if its what you originally wanted.

I think for lock and door closure is ok to resue as not much diff... light wise you need to see if it fit into your hse design and if its what you wanted to use originally.

(*Just my 2 cents worth)

Think you got to consider if it fit the design of your house and if its what you originally wanted.

I think for lock and door closure is ok to resue as not much diff... light wise you need to see if it fit into your hse design and if its what you wanted to use originally.

(*Just my 2 cents worth)

Maybe I will use all the downlight in the bathrooms and bedrooms.

Not sure if they are suitable for bathroom

Maybe I will use all the downlight in the bathrooms and bedrooms.

Not sure if they are suitable for bathroom but bedrooms I think it may be a good idea provided they are all the same type for the room By the way I think you really need to do the whole house (If budget allows) from the pictures I see

Hope to see more updates ^^

Not sure if they are suitable for bathroom

Not sure if they are suitable for bathroom but bedrooms I think it may be a good idea provided they are all the same type for the room By the way I think you really need to do the whole house (If budget allows) from the pictures I see

Hope to see more updates ^^

You are right. Everything has to redo...

Edited by marcel

My opinion:

Downlights - These look more suitable for commercial use. Depending of course on your design, may not be suitable for your hall or bedrooms. Maybe can use in your toilets etc., and have balance as spares.

Door locks - Can re-use but again look more suitable for office doors or our bomb shelter door, unless you want that look. If re-use, can buy and change the lock cylinder.

Door closer - Definitely not for the majority of homes. Only suitable for doors which you want closed all the time, which is not the norm for homes.

Edited by kstoh

My opinion:

Downlights - These look more suitable for commercial use. Depending of course on your design, may not be suitable for your hall or bedrooms. Maybe can use in your toilets etc., and have balance as spares.

Door locks - Can re-use but again look more suitable for office doors or our bomb shelter door, unless you want that look. If re-use, can buy and change the lock cylinder.

Door closer - Definitely not for the majority of homes. Only suitable for doors which you want closed all the time, which is not the norm for homes.

Thanks. I have changed my mind. I decided to use new LED downlight instead. I will keep you all posted on my selection. Most likely EU brand only.

Edited by marcel

Thanks. I changed my mind. I decided to use new LED downlights instead. I will keep you all posted on my selection. Most likely EU brands only.

What am I going to use these solid teak plank for? Make a wild guess.

I got these from my mother's friend at the cost of NOTHING (FOC)!

gallery_39301_236_339895.jpg

Edited by marcel

17 to 21 Feb 2014

Finally my renovation started on 17 Feb and all these took place when I was away. However I manage to have my daily doses of renovation update via FB. (Thanks to The Big 'A')

A few snapshots of the DEMOLITION.

gallery_39301_236_68262.jpg

gallery_39301_236_178815.jpg

gallery_39301_236_273939.jpg

gallery_39301_236_206287.jpg

Edited by marcel