Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marcel

The Pigeon Hole In Jurong East

I still wonder if I was lucky. Due to the WC offset, Hoe Kee was not able to delivery our 2X 'ROZ 898 WC' at $368ea and was offered to replace with a set from GENOVO with no top up. I have to agreed. I have a project schedule to follow. Anyone here knows the cost of a CAPRIO WC?

http://www.hoekee.com.sg/bathroom/toilet-bowl-bidet-spray/toilet-bowl-w-c/roz-898-water-closet-toilet-bowl-detail.html

http://www.genova.com.sg/?p=productsMore&iProduct=984&sName=WC-CAPRIO-WT

IMG_4014_zps5c077f6e.jpg

Edited by marcel

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Day 12

Most of the wet work are completed today. The real action will be coming soon. I believe I will be able to post more interesting stuff for the reno talker.

1618300_826467034035505_260620040_o_zps1

Edited by marcel

Day 13

We went over to TAK Products & Services Pte Ltd (Headquarters) to check out their laminate. We were quite SURPRISE they would actually entertain us even though we are not IDs or contractors. (We did made an appointment first.) Other than the free sample kits & advices provided what amazed us the most was TAK insisted us to see and feel the actual laminate in the actual size. Is not an easy job to pull out and put back the laminates.

Two Thumbs Up for TAK! Thanks Susan and Alex.

Below are what we have short listed. Most properly we will select the solid color to keep within our reno budget.

image_zpsbc4e1585.jpg

Edited by marcel

Day 14

FINALLY! Plastering of the walls. (The sight of the original wall condition was a real eye score.)

I have the temptation not to paint the walls. Anyone try that before? Is it advisable?

Can't wait to return home to checkout the progress of the renovation.

image_zps956e0c06.jpg

Edited by marcel

Day 16

Finally I manage to find time to update my T blog. Was super busy with my rice bowl. Basically the water piping and plastering are done.

To save time I requested BIG 'A' to arrange the electrical, piping and ceiling work all to come on the same time. OMG dont try doing it if you are bad in coordinating.

After plastering

1904219_829569510391924_337260922_n_zps1

Edited by marcel

Day 22

Is real madness! Not over the renovation but with my work.

Some updates on the renovation work for this week. We hope to finish all the electric works, box up and the false ceiling by this week so we can start with the real action.

image_zpsbd555c4c.jpg

Check out the number of cables. To be exact I have 27 down lights for the whole place.

image_zps8b6575b4.jpg

Edited by marcel

27 downlights ! Woah.

Let me explain. We based on the lumens to calculate the number of lights need. Do you think we over did it.

Hall 10x

Kitchen 5x

C bed room 4x

M bed room 4x

C toilet 1x

M toilet 1x

Common corridor 1x

Store room 1x

Total 27x

Edited by marcel

Let me explain. We based on the lumens to calculate the number of lights need. Do you think we over did it.

Hall 10x

Kitchen 5x

C bed room 4x

M bed room 4x

C toilet 1x

M toilet 1x

Common corridor 1x

Store room 1x

Total 27x

You mean all 27 are downlights? No hanging lights at all? I think a little over ( no offense )

10 in living? No cove lighting?

Store room also ?

No worries mate. No cove. No hanging lights. To play safe i have grouped them in pairs for the hall and bedrooms... At least their are independent. If I find they too bright I will off half.

All your downlights are surface mount, or require false ceiling? If surface-mount, then its okay, as the cost is lower (no false ceiling required). Surface-mount downlight can also easily change light-bulb.

27 lights? Wah...can check how many watts are each of your downlights?

For my place, I only got 1x32W for the whole kitchen, so I can't imagine 5 lights in the kitchen. [my kitchen is square shaped though, quite small.] Rooms are with 1 x 36 W each...again, can't imagine 4 lights in each room.....

Or are your lights lower in wattage so you need more for the brightness?

Sorry, newbie here too. I asked my contractor about how many wattage light to get for each room, as I had no idea how much would be bright enough. :P

27 lights? Wah...can check how many watts are each of your downlights?

For my place, I only got 1x32W for the whole kitchen, so I can't imagine 5 lights in the kitchen. [my kitchen is square shaped though, quite small.] Rooms are with 1 x 36 W each...again, can't imagine 4 lights in each room.....

Or are your lights lower in wattage so you need more for the brightness?

Sorry, newbie here too. I asked my contractor about how many wattage light to get for each room, as I had no idea how much would be bright enough. :P

Are you referring to the Watts in LED ? If so, 32 watts can simply light up a 3 room HDB. That is why I chose all light LED except my store room. Of course I got the best price from a distributor, his watts is all very accurate.

Are you referring to the Watts in LED ? If so, 32 watts can simply light up a 3 room HDB. That is why I chose all light LED except my store room. Of course I got the best price from a distributor, his watts is all very accurate.

Yep, referring to LED lights. :P

Same for me. All LED except for storeroom. Didn't go to distributor though, got plain ones from a light shop.