Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iamevil

Slim Brick Walls

web references:

1. http://brickit.com/products/brick-product-details/51ddx

2. http://www.slimbrick.co.uk/product/terracotta_stock_flat_brick_tile/

i am working on a pretty tight budget. have absolutely no monies for ID. I can make references to what i see on the web for ideas on how to do up my resale 3-room flat.

Can't afford to fabricate a feature wall, yet i really hope to get a section of the wall to mount my tv in the living room with some sort like a feature wall kind of concept. I am okay not to hide away a couple strands of wires. that's my compromise for not having a custom feature wall.

I looked at brick walls and love the old skool industrial, warm feel. rather than go for those adhesive flat wallpaper, i wanted something more 3D. I stumbled upon the 2 URLs and found my solution: thin or slim bricks.

Searched high and low online for a company in Singapore that carries this, but couldn't find. I realized quite a number of F&B establishments uses this kind of slim bricks walls.

Anyone here know where of any companies that carry slim/thin bricks?

thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

web references:

i am working on a pretty tight budget. have absolutely no monies for ID. I can make references to what i see on the web for ideas on how to do up my resale 3-room flat.

Can't afford to fabricate a feature wall, yet i really hope to get a section of the wall to mount my tv in the living room with some sort like a feature wall kind of concept. I am okay not to hide away a couple strands of wires. that's my compromise for not having a custom feature wall.

I looked at brick walls and love the old skool industrial, warm feel. rather than go for those adhesive flat wallpaper, i wanted something more 3D. I stumbled upon the 2 URLs and found my solution: thin or slim bricks.

Searched high and low online for a company in Singapore that carries this, but couldn't find. I realized quite a number of F&B establishments uses this kind of slim bricks walls.

thanks!

Hi, I hope this helps:

http://looknookhook.wordpress.com/2011/06/17/diy-a-tale-of-the-white-brick-wall/

Brick Tiles

:)

Edited by johnnyjonjon

web references:

thanks!

Hi,

We are of the same. I am on a very tight budget as well and I must say, i want to achieve brick wall look for one of my wall in the living room (7100mm). Went to one of the ID and he quote me appx $7000 for that 7100mm wall, and my jaw just dropped in front of him. I thought it cost 2K-3K only?

I have no confidence in DIY as well as I read a few that some bricks may fall. so i wanna leave it to the experienced in the industry. But 7K is really overpriced!

If you or anyone have a better quote, kindly pm me to share pls! Thank you!

wow! 7k is really expensive! well, anything in thousands scares me now actually..

I got a contractor involved - no ID - so strictly what i want.

I did only a portion of the wall - about 1500mm by 2500mm (HT). that is already 3 cartons (plus excess).

It's hard to just give you a price because this contractor did other stuff for me like overlay for my 2 toilets & fabricate another cabinet in the kitchen.

If I look at the line item - include labour + supply 3 carton is about $900.

You have to understand one thing is that i am doing the half bricks directly onto the wall. I did no fabrication of feature wall as the base, so likely i am ready to accept wires from TV hanging out. it's fine with me. this is the budget i can live with.

So if your ID is going to fabricate a plain feature wall then apply the bricks, so that you can hide your wires behind, of course that will cost more.

You can do the sum (roughly) - mine is 1500mm wide (height of 2500mm should be quite constant as it's full-height of old HDB flat generally). if you are looking at 7100mm, that's 5X of mine.

Hope this helps

wow! 7k is really expensive! well, anything in thousands scares me now actually..

I did only a portion of the wall - about 1500mm by 2500mm (HT). that is already 3 cartons (plus excess).

It's hard to just give you a price because this contractor did other stuff for me like overlay for my 2 toilets & fabricate another cabinet in the kitchen.

You have to understand one thing is that i am doing the half bricks directly onto the wall. I did no fabrication of feature wall as the base, so likely i am ready to accept wires from TV hanging out. it's fine with me. this is the budget i can live with.

So if your ID is going to fabricate a plain feature wall then apply the bricks, so that you can hide your wires behind, of course that will cost more.

You can do the sum (roughly) - mine is 1500mm wide (height of 2500mm should be quite constant as it's full-height of old HDB flat generally). if you are looking at 7100mm, that's 5X of mine.

Hope this helps

Hi iamevil,

You are so evil. Can give me contact pls?

Hope this helps

Hello Evil, 7k is crazy..! I'm looking for an affordable contractor, can recommend pls..?

Hope this helps

Hi iamevil,

Do you mind share with me your contact? Thanks!

my craftstone at 11ft was quoted $1300 for suppy and install...per carton is approx at $80. i think somehow your 7k is too ex...

my craftstone at 11ft was quoted $1300 for suppy and install...per carton is approx at $80. i think somehow your 7k is too ex...

Hi Kai1089,

Do you mind share with me your contractor contact. Thanks!