Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi,

I'm planning on doing some A&A works (Additions and Alterations) to an oldish semi-D. Have worked with contractors before, mostly in condos, no major alterations, however this time we''re planning on tearing down some walls and building an extension to the house in the back.

Can the seasoned ones here advice whether a regular contractor (and or ID) will do, or would I need to engage a builder - who I assume is one more familiar with structural works? Will I also need to get proper plans done, and have them submitted to the URA for approval - in which case an architect might be needed? I am really not planning anything fancy, fairly simple, yet I sure wouldn't want any structure built to be unsound.

Thanks!

MBev

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

I'm planning on doing some A&A works (Additions and Alterations) to an oldish semi-D. Have worked with contractors before, mostly in condos, no major alterations, however this time we''re planning on tearing down some walls and building an extension to the house in the back.

Can the seasoned ones here advice whether a regular contractor (and or ID) will do, or would I need to engage a builder - who I assume is one more familiar with structural works? Will I also need to get proper plans done, and have them submitted to the URA for approval - in which case an architect might be needed? I am really not planning anything fancy, fairly simple, yet I sure wouldn't want any structure built to be unsound.

Thanks!

MBev

U might want to consider contractors or builders directly which they will work with a QP (Qualified Person) to submit the plans for u. But most impt is to take a look at the Builders to Avoid thread to watch out for the conman in the market.