Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marrythaigirlsg

Regarding Ikea Kitchen

My original thread.

Yesterday I read about this IKEA kitchen thing, found this Free Standing Kitchen concept, and we like it very much.

201311_Free_standing_kitchen.jpg

In the end we think we might leave everything intact i.e. don't hack anything to save cost, leave kitchen tiles as it is, and we just want something like in the picture, any idea how much it can cost? I see the IKEA kitchen page but it doesn't show all the parts so very hard to estimate the cost. And also for installation, measurement and etc, how does it work? Go down to IKEA with this picture and tell them I want this? Or do I have to measure everything and buy the parts separately?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi

You will have to measure and include those item you want in the Ikea shopping list, then bring down the list to the ikea staff at the kitchen area. They will go thru' the list and will add in mandatory item that you have missed out and also will advise you on the installation cost. Best to go down during week day :good:

Hi

You will have to measure and include those item you want in the Ikea shopping list, then bring down the list to the ikea staff at the kitchen area. They will go thru' the list and will add in mandatory item that you have missed out and also will advise you on the installation cost. Best to go down during week day :good:

Hey, thanks for the info.

Anyway my wife went to IKEA just now, she saw the exact same setup as in the picture, I think this weekend we'll drop by and ask, but any idea whether they do rerouting of pipes? Because currently our sink location is very awkward so we thinking of shifting, that means the drainage and water pipes need to be shifted too.

While the kitchen looks cute and contemporary, I urge you to consider very carefully about using small-sized wall tiles near your cook top, especially white. The joints in between the tiles will turn black in no time and extremely hard to be cleaned.

While the kitchen looks cute and contemporary, I urge you to consider very carefully about using small-sized wall tiles near your cook top, especially white. The joints in between the tiles will turn black in no time and extremely hard to be cleaned.

Hey, thanks for the tip and noted, I will probably paste an aluminium foil behind lol.

Hi marrythaigirlsg,

Did you buy the IKEA kitchen? How is the quality? Any problems with it? I am thinking of getting their built in one but... Am unsure if the kitchen will last. I have an open concept kitchen, so if the cabinets and wood are falling apart, it wont look very nice.