Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Safehome

Windows/grilles For Hdb Resale 5A Model

Hi, I am new to this forum and hope the experience guys can help.

I am looking to renovate my HDB Resale 5A flat and I have got an estimated quote for changing my old window/grilles to new one.

Company A

Aluminium Grille for whole house = $1800

Sliding Window for whole house = $3900

Company B

Aluminium Powder coated Grille for whole house = $1950 - 2750 (depend on color)

Sliding Window for whole house = $4400

I am really shocked to see this price as the last time I did a renovation to my house was many years back and I can't recall how much was then.

Really appreciate some advice.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Well you really cannot just compare the price like that.

For windows, there are many different types of aluminium sliding window system out there. Some are more superior than the others. You need to find out a lot more from your contractor about the details and the look of your window system. Get detail drawings from them if they have. Ask them to show you working samples. Sample drawings are also fine. In general, European profiles are typically more expensive, but certainly more durable and looks a whole lot prettier than their cheaper counterparts. Be fully aware of where your windows are manufactured.

Aluminium grilles come in many different look. They can be painted (worst), natural adonised, powder coated (quite common), or fluocarbon coated (most expensive). Again it is really not about the price because typically the more expensive coating looks better.

So please take all these into considerations.

• Like 1

For mentioned sliding window pricing, I agar agar is rather 'reasonable'.

My 'casement' window - expoxy paint, per piece at SGD200. 5 rm, total 25 pcs = SGD5,000.

Children grown up, so I done no 'normal grille' - only 2 solid bars across per window frame from left to right.

So I can enjoy the tokong panoramic views.

• Like 1