Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi fellow members,

I am going to get my keys around April, and I had get around to source for ID/ contractors for a good deal. I went thru a few of them, and generally I found that contractor quote are less than ID. why is this so?

Secondly, I would like to ask some feedbacks on one of my quote ( the lowest actually :) ) and ask fellow members or experienced members and feel am I being chopped or is the pricing too good to be true?

My flat is a resale, btw..

This is what the contractor quoted me:

Design and planning.............................................FOC

Haulage.................................................................$450

Hacking of floors, walls, false ceiling, doors and cabinets..............................................................................$3,200

Supply and install homo floor tiles with material up to $3.50 psf at 2 toilets...................................................$1,600

Supply and install homo wall tiles with material up to $3.50 psf at 2 toilets....................................................$2,400

Install water proofing membrane at 2 toilets....................................................................................................$180

Supply and overlay kitchen floor homo tiles with materials up to $3.50 psf...................................................$2,200

Supply and install L-box with cove light holder in living room and bedrooms.................................................$2,600

Supply and install kitchen cabinet top & bottom 12 ft using solid plywood......................................................$2,500

Supply and install solid surface top for kitchen cabinet...................................................................................$840

Supply and install 10 ft feature wall with floating TV console using solid plywood..........................................$3,200

Supply and install 8 ft full height wardrobe in 3 bedroom................................................................................$6,240

Supply and install korea wallpaper in 3 bedroom.............................................................................................$1,050

Supply and install wooden doors with turn knob ............................................................................................$1,080

Supply and install 2 frosted tempered glass door 10mm at 2 toilet..................................................................$1,120

Total.................................................................................................................................................................$28,660

The electrician and plumber will be done personally, so as to save cost.

but some things I would like to ask, what is water proofing membrane? if I want to overlay toilet tiles, will they also relay new water proofing membrane?

2nd, is there any difference between 10mm frost glass door with other dimension?

Thanks for any suggestion.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi fellow members,

I am going to get my keys around April, and I had get around to source for ID/ contractors for a good deal. I went thru a few of them, and generally I found that contractor quote are less than ID. why is this so?

ID are designers working in an interior design firm. They are not the ones doing the work. Basically they engage contractors to do the work for them.

Secondly, I would like to ask some feedbacks on one of my quote ( the lowest actually :) ) and ask fellow members or experienced members and feel am I being chopped or is the pricing too good to be true?

End of the way is how you feel with your Reno in charge ?

Your tiling works are quite reasonable except carpentry works.

If yours is too good to be true, then how about the ones i show you below ? hehehee

My flat is a resale, btw..

This is what the contractor quoted me:

Design and planning.............................................FOC

Haulage.................................................................$450

Hacking of floors, walls, false ceiling, doors and cabinets..............................................................................$3,200

Hacking and haulage should be under one item if this quote is really from a contractor ............................. $3350

Supply and install homo floor tiles with material up to $3.50 psf at 2 toilets...................................................$1,600

Reasonable.......

Supply and install homo wall tiles with material up to $3.50 psf at 2 toilets....................................................$2,400

Reasonable.......

Install water proofing membrane at 2 toilets....................................................................................................$180

Reasonable ........

Supply and overlay kitchen floor homo tiles with materials up to $3.50 psf...................................................$2,200

Reasonable....

Supply and install L-box with cove light holder in living room and bedrooms.................................................$2,600

Can get it done at $2300 for you..

Supply and install kitchen cabinet top & bottom 12 ft using solid plywood......................................................$2,500

Total 24ft ? If so, can get it done at $2400 for you...

Supply and install solid surface top for kitchen cabinet...................................................................................$840

Strongly don't suggest solid surface. No heat resistant and not scratch proof

Supply and install 10 ft feature wall with floating TV console using solid plywood..........................................$3,200

Can get it done for you at $2200.....

Supply and install 8 ft full height wardrobe in 3 bedroom................................................................................$6,240

Can get it done for you at $5300...

Supply and install korea wallpaper in 3 bedroom.............................................................................................$1,050

Contact straight from wallpaper supplier.. choose what you like and ask them install for you. Sure cheaper..

Supply and install wooden doors with turn knob ............................................................................................$1,080

Can get it done for you at $900

Supply and install 2 frosted tempered glass door 10mm at 2 toilet..................................................................$1,120

Reasonable.......

Total.................................................................................................................................................................$28,660

The money i have help you save is more then enough to let you get Iquartz then solid surface....................$24,790 without wallpaper..

with Iquartz is $25,750 without wallpaper...

The electrician and plumber will be done personally, so as to save cost.

:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

but some things I would like to ask, what is water proofing membrane? if I want to overlay toilet tiles, will they also relay new water proofing membrane?

Water proofing membrane is a liquid apply on the naked floor. Normally its 2 layers of it. Will leave it overnight for it to dry before applying cement..

Nope, over laying of tiles is just apply cement on the existing tiles and follow by sticking of tiles on it.

Has your kitchen flooring been overlay before ? Has it been more then 15yrs since last reno ? If so, i suggest you hack the kitchen flooring as well.

(The person who quoted you can't answer your question)

2nd, is there any difference between 10mm frost glass door with other dimension?

Shower screen normally use tempered glass 10mm which are stronger.. there are 8mm and 10mm.. 8mm normally use for doors and some windows...

Thanks for any suggestion.

Feel free to pm me if you need my help..

Tan ^_^

Edited by ContractorPrice

• Like 1

Actually at the end, it is who you are comfortable working with. Sometimes, you will save some money by going to contractors direct. It is just how much you value the design of the designer. If you think it is impressive and you will pay a premium for it, then work with him/her. If you are looking for cheap and fast, then it will be wiser to bypass the designer.