Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Got my keys in late Dec 2013 and finally after months and months, weeks and weeks of meeting IDs, contractors of all shapes and kinds. When most of the neighbours in the same estate have already moved in.(Sometimes, do feel abit awkward when the neighbours have already moved in for months and we are at still at the prospecting stage of the renovation, meeting IDs,contractor at our flat for dicussion.)

After countless of meeting, we finally managed to commission a ID to do up our BTO flat and the works will be starting on friday.

Our ID have also drafted a plan for the delivery of the work.

Friday- Haulage work

Saturday-Tiling and meeting the electrician (Will consider to get my contact if the price is too steep).

Monday-Build partition, Aircon installation, Aluminium work measurement

Tuesday - Vesak Day(No work)

Wednesday - Electrical work, Glass works measurement

Thursday - Painting of flat

Friday - Painting of flat

Saturday - Painting of flat( Delivery of items required for renovation items, lights, storage heater,kitchen sink,tap,mini spray, spray valve, miscellaneous accessories, cooker hood and hob )

Monday - Lights installations

• Like 2

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, I'm wondering did u only check for defects together with you ID now ? Or did u do the check on ur own after u gotten the keys?

Hi Songz,

This is the floorplan of the flat and it is about 90sqm.

gallery_59794_363_5790.jpg

Hi 11finger,

i check for defects on my own as i actually took about half a year searching and confirming my ID after i collected the keys.

Will share all mine ID/Contractor reviews in another post once i have the time.

Anyway to cut the story short, after the signing of the contract, our ID arranged for work to be done on last friday. Thus, decided to make surprise visit to the flat to view the progress.

Day 1

Attached are the work that have been done on the 1st day of the renovation. Basically the entire flat has been wrapped with corrugulated paper. The delivery of sand and hdb tiles already arrived on that same day.

Kitchen

gallery_59794_363_268883.jpg

Living room with some offering

gallery_59794_363_221138.jpg

Bedroom

gallery_59794_363_29073.jpg

Bedroom

gallery_59794_363_77883.jpg

Bedroom

gallery_59794_363_21019.jpg

What can i do with the remaining bundle of corruglated paper ?

gallery_59794_363_12504.jpg

Edited by lookaround

Day 2(Sat) reno pictures, went back to the flat to meet electrician and id to finalize the materials and dicuss about the electrical works. Also did receive the 1st draft of the 3d drawings.

As per the work schedule, today is basically wet works, nothing much to update.

Took a few snaps of the house reno when the workers went for their lunch break.

Bathroom Pic

gallery_59794_363_172844.jpg

Service yard

gallery_59794_363_22414.jpg

Kitchen wetworks

gallery_59794_363_161025.jpg

Before we left, a group of workers delivered the materials for building our partition.

Day 3 (Mon) - Aircon installation

SO took leave to coordinate with the id on aircon installation. Meanwhile also took some pics of the state of our reno

Kitchen wetworks

gallery_59794_363_80007.jpg

Service yard wetworks seems to have completed.

gallery_59794_363_116377.jpg

Arrival of our aircon

gallery_59794_363_272464.jpg

Day 4 - Vesak Day PH (No progress)

Edited by lookaround

Welcome to RT :)

Looking forward to ur 3Ds and progress of the reno!

btw just curious, ur ID left the remaining cardboard to u? Thought they usually lay the floor and keep the rest?

Hi. Welcome to the reno world!

So it is not weird or awkward right to make the ID waited for months for us to be ready? Because I am doing that before I can decide.

Welcome to RT :)

Looking forward to ur 3Ds and progress of the reno!

btw just curious, ur ID left the remaining cardboard to u? Thought they usually lay the floor and keep the rest?

I have no idea but it has been left in the storeroom each time i went up to inspect. As per the quote provided by him, this cardboard is provided and lay by town council. I was also billed seperately for this. So i guess i am the owner of this.

Till date, He had provided me with 2 draft of the 3D drawings. i will upload the 1st copy i have received.

Hi. Welcome to the reno world!

So it is not weird or awkward right to make the ID waited for months for us to be ready? Because I am doing that before I can decide.

Find it tiring to repeat the renovation scope and specification to those renovators sometimes and the pressure also kicked in when relatives know that we have gotten the keys for months and yet to start any work. At times, although we told the id about our budget and requirements, they still propose a renovation that is higher then our budget or etc.

When i first look at the 3D drawings, i was abit 'wow' as i did not really expect a decent 3D drawing from the ID as my reno cost is pretty small scale(about 13K). Most id either quote a reno cost of about 30-40k to provide free 3d drawings or those who request payment for each piece of 3D drawing rendered.

There is the 1st draft of the 3D drawings provided by the ID.

Living room view 1, yes i build a wall partition to prevent prying eyes from looking into the flat and also a full lengh shoe cabinet. Plants and paintings on the wall not included. :P

gallery_59794_363_36400.jpg

Living room - Wrong 3d drawing orientation by the ID, anyway the scope of my work does not include fan , tv console, coffee table and feature wall. Once again, paintings are not including as part of the reno.

gallery_59794_363_109.jpg

Kitchen and service yard 3d - Mr ID forgot to add on colors and thought i chose plain white and black. Kitchen accessories not included :angry:

gallery_59794_363_9661.jpg

Toilet 3D - Does not comes with potted plants and vanity below.

gallery_59794_363_87267.jpg

After looking at these 3D drawings, i wonder if most of these drawings come from a certain standard template set as some of the items are not included in my renovation. Not too sure if any bros or sis could advice if 3D drawings are really made to measure.

Edited by lookaround

• Like 1

Most 3D drawings are more like "artist's impression", the sort you see in developer's brochures. The rooms look bigger and more spacious. You need to do actual site measurements to see if the layout is practical.

Updates for Day 3 Monday 12 May 2014 Aircon installation and partition

Mr ID help to coordinate with the aircon installation and completed the partition works.

Completed Aircon installation pic

gallery_59794_363_167296.jpg

BedRoom 2

gallery_59794_363_167296.jpg

Bedroom 3

gallery_59794_363_72331.jpg

Back view of the completed partition work

gallery_59794_363_269203.jpg

Front view from the outside

gallery_59794_363_172626.jpg

Day 4 - Vesak Day no work. Tuesday.

Day5-7 Wed-Fri - Minimal work was being done as there was some hiccups on the scope of the electrical works to be done.